Welcome to Gaia! ::

i'd really like to play one, but I just can't find one! Does anyone have any ideas on where to get one?
Soleara
i'd really like to play one, but I just can't find one! Does anyone have any ideas on where to get one?
umm....do you mean to actually join a group or just find the books and stuff for ttrpg's?

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
<center>The internets gives everything. 3nodding
The books are usually available at a good book store or possibly a comic or game shop. As for groups, that's a little tougher if you don't already know someone. There's probably something online that can set you up with one.
Or if you get the books at a game store just ask the owner if you can set up paper next to the books that your are looking for a group.
Just find a hobby shop near you they almost all have some sort of DnD type games.
Bookstore is the way to go...definately...and just go down to a local univesity....they usually have gaming organizations there...or atleast a group of guys that are gamers..
Borders and Barnes & Noble are good because they give you nice chairs to read a fat stack of gaming books at. Borders usually has a better selection. Waldenbooks will only have D&D stuff and maybe one WoD book. Maybe.
Being a gamer with nothing better to do, here are my 2 cents.

If you are looking for people to join in, look to comic shops and local gaming shops, along with colleges. We college students don't have lives aside from gaming and classes.

If you are looking for books, the internet becomes your best friend. www.amazon.com has many people who sell their old books that are still useable. Some are really cheap (like $2 for the AD&D race books, when you are lucky) and others are too expensive (I'm sorry, was that $80 for that copy of Wraith: the Oblivion?).
www.ebay.com is also a good friend. IF you are lucky, you can snipe someone and get a nice chunk of books for really cheap. I found some 7th Sea d10 books for $15 each, after shipping. Another guy I know found a dozen books for Earth Dawn for around 70. I find awesome deals on White Wolf books all the time there too, so...
www.doordice.com They carry some basic games, along with the dice and whatnot that you may need.
www.rpgshop.com Just as the name implies, an online shop of RPGs. They carry a decent variety, but they don't carry anything really rare or totally special, but they have their moments.
A link from the above mentions a website called DriveThru RPG (don't have the link on me...sorry), where you can "buy" the books in electronic format. Good if you wanna live on your comp, bad if you don't wanna bother with it like that.

Well, that is my two cents on the issue. Best of luck on finding people smile
If you have a bit of trouble with ordering online or you find the books at places like barnes and nobles too pricey, then going to a well stocked used bookstore might be a good idea. Where I live, we have a used book store that always has serveral of those D and D and WoD books around. Its where I bought most of my books.
You can also look for an online group for your area. Meetup.com is fragmenting due to their recent change in payments, but there may still be time to join it real quick and see if there's a roleplaying or D&D meetup in your area. (You won't be charged money to join - they're starting to charge people who run groups money.)

Beyond that, try searching on yahoogroups, or looking for gaming stores in your area. (Or, as suggested, normal bookstores or colleges)
i would have to either say a local hobby store or book store. i would suggest d and d minis because it is cheap and fun.
Crion_dm459
Being a gamer with nothing better to do, here are my 2 cents.

If you are looking for people to join in, look to comic shops and local gaming shops, along with colleges. We college students don't have lives aside from gaming and classes.

If you are looking for books, the internet becomes your best friend. www.amazon.com has many people who sell their old books that are still useable. Some are really cheap (like $2 for the AD&D race books, when you are lucky) and others are too expensive (I'm sorry, was that $80 for that copy of Wraith: the Oblivion?).
www.ebay.com is also a good friend. IF you are lucky, you can snipe someone and get a nice chunk of books for really cheap. I found some 7th Sea d10 books for $15 each, after shipping. Another guy I know found a dozen books for Earth Dawn for around 70. I find awesome deals on White Wolf books all the time there too, so...
www.doordice.com They carry some basic games, along with the dice and whatnot that you may need.
www.rpgshop.com Just as the name implies, an online shop of RPGs. They carry a decent variety, but they don't carry anything really rare or totally special, but they have their moments.
A link from the above mentions a website called DriveThru RPG (don't have the link on me...sorry), where you can "buy" the books in electronic format. Good if you wanna live on your comp, bad if you don't wanna bother with it like that.

Well, that is my two cents on the issue. Best of luck on finding people smile
lol i like ur MAGIC card........
Try Barnes and Noble, Hastings, or some other book or comic store.
Thank you all! I'll look into your suggestions. Especially the ones about book stores.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff