Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which is your first?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 29, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 >

What was or is your first dnd book? Mine would have to be 'The Book of Vile Darkness' it just has so many wonderful things in it!
-Andrew
usually the first book you are supposed to read is the one you should pic up in order to get what is going on. Though some people know what is going on and dont need the book, but you should have it anyways.
DMG back a few years at Christmas. I also got a Monster Manual and a PHB, but I opened the DMG first. I couldn't have been happier that Christmas.
Blue box D&D set, yo. Back when elf was a character class and gnomes didn't exist.

Dangerous Explorer

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
FIGHTERS ROCK...nuff said. That and I've played every class in the darn book. Oh swashbuckeler, you buckel the swash hard core.
I didn't use the books until like a little while ago. My brother always used them and found out what i needed to know.
Monstrous Manual...2nd Ed
PhibbyRizo
Monstrous Manual...2nd Ed
Thats a good one was it the three ring binder set of 2? I liked the first edition monster manual for its penciled nudity but I was 14 what boy wouldn't. My first was the 2 printing of the 2nd edition players guide. My last was unearthed arcana 2nd ed.

Hygienic Hoarder

28,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
My first was a hand-me-down, my older brother got a Deities and Demigods book back in the mid-80's, and he gave it to me when it got to old and ratty for him. whee I don't use it though, it's out of date and I am just a begginer at Dnd, in fact I really suck at it, unless it's a pc game. sweatdrop
My first D&D book was a 2nd edition Players Handbook, then once I had been playing about 6 months I picked up the Dungeon Masters Guide and started running my own campaigns. At the moment I have a full set of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 3.5 core rulebooks I don't use the old ones much any more but they're great for nostalgia purposes.
3.0 player's handbook. Favorite? Monster Manual. Pixie Rangers? Mmm.
My first D&D book was the infamous 'Red Box' Containing paperback copies of the PHB, DMG, a bunch of Dice, a few maps, and a learn-to-play solo adventure...

My Mom bought it for me when I was 9, and it got me into the D&D world!

... on yea.. this would have been 'Dungeons and Dragons' origional.. (2nd ED D&D as opposed to 2nd Ed AD&D)Where Elves and Dwarves were character classes, (like Peddy said)
My first book was the 2nd Edition Complete Elf's Handbook. My best friend and his older brother played D&D and I decided I wanted to play to. I got the elf book because when I looked through their books elves just always seemed cool to me.
3rd ed DMG. My bible. Mmmmm.....

ALL PRAISE MONTE COOK, SKIP WILLIAMS, AND JONATHON TWEET!

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
Kev3480
My first D&D book was the infamous 'Red Box' Containing paperback copies of the PHB, DMG, a bunch of Dice, a few maps, and a learn-to-play solo adventure...

My Mom bought it for me when I was 9, and it got me into the D&D world!

... on yea.. this would have been 'Dungeons and Dragons' origional.. (2nd ED D&D as opposed to 2nd Ed AD&D)Where Elves and Dwarves were character classes, (like Peddy said)

Yup, the D&D Basic Set (infamous Red Box) from the 80's was my first introduction to D&D also smile . That was an odd time, when D&D and AD&D were two totally different games. Though I really liked the setting of Karameikos/Mystara. I miss that place 3nodding . Although my character did become ruler of it after all xp . Ahhh well, those were fun times playing D&D for the first time in 4th grade smile .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff