Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like being the 'Fifth Member' doesn't quite fit onto a four man team, but in anything bigger is a must have.

As of 3.5 this role most easily filled as Druid or Bard.

If a class has ever been defined as 'jack of all trades' then I am all over that.

Hilarious Lunatic

2,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
I've been starved of a good game group lately, the friends I do play with are either busy or lazy.

Dangerous Player

Gnome ******** class

******** Class
Noun
A class that tends to mess with the head of target victim.
Usually I try to choose my class last, and pick one that nobody else is playing.

As for race, I've never played a non-human character before.

Sparkly Lunatic

11,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm partial to Warlocks, myself. I like having my little bag of tricks that I can do whenever I want. And with the right scrolls/wands/etc, I can be the backup version of every other party member if the group needs it. Race-wise, it depends on how I'm feeling at the time. Sometimes, I like playing humans, sometimes I'll play something crazier.

Shameless Shapeshifter

Ash Badguy Faust
I've been starved of a good game group lately, the friends I do play with are either busy or lazy.

Dude, I hear you.
My friend that normally DMs moved pretty far upstate, so the group kinda fell apart.

Noob

GriffonLyles
Ash Badguy Faust

Dude, I hear you.
My friend that normally DMs moved pretty far upstate, so the group kinda fell apart.
It's been about three years since I had a good group. D:

Shameless Shapeshifter

Dr Grordbort
GriffonLyles
Ash Badguy Faust

Dude, I hear you.
It's been about three years since I had a good group. D:

Three years? Oh, snap.

Noob

It truly sucks. I've probably written half of four campaigns I want to run.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
In the 8 or so campaigns i've been a part of as a player, I tend to favor the Human Fighter. Mostly to get used to the system before trying to do something with it.

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
While I try never to play the same race/class combination in two different campaigns, if I had to choose, I'd say Human Warblade (3.5)/Swordmage (4e).
I never quite got what's so great about fighters...

Bashful Browser

Fighters are a good way to get the hang of the 3.5 system because they are very feat centric and feats are one of the primary universal customization tools of 3.5.

My first 3.5 character upon starting to get into the system and character building was a human fighter. He was a ranged focused blaster analog rather than a melee character but he was technically a human fighter.

He never did get played, though.

Greedy Codger

4,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
My first 3.5 character was a fighter too. Dwarf though, not human.

Anyway, I try to vary what I play a lot, but I'm beginning to find I have a knack for playing physical fighters and supporting casters (bard, cleric, oracle). One race/class combo I'm beginning to really enjoy in my current PF campaign is a changeling binder. Easily the most versatile character in the party.

Bashful Browser

You updated Binder for PF? How difficult was that? I've put off learning PF because I really enjoy the ridiculous number of options in 3.5 and I've worried that converting some of the more out there stuff would be problematic.

Binder in general seems like a fun class to play. It probably wouldn't be my first choice at any point but if I ever played enough that I'd covered the more conventional bases already I'd love to give it a go.

I also have this obscene interaction between the Naberius Vestige's "take 10 on diplomacy as a standard action" ability and the Marshal's "Motivate Charisma" Minor Aura stuck in my head.
epiclevelwarrior
Fighters are a good way to get the hang of the 3.5 system because they are very feat centric and feats are one of the primary universal customization tools of 3.5. .

Yeah, when I was learning how to play I think I liked fighter so much because it was very easy to understand, really got me used to the system.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff