Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you play any free table top rpgs?

yes 0.72727272727273 72.7% [ 8 ]
no 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]
1 2 >

Do any of you play any free table top rpg found online? If so, what are your favorites?

Dedcadent Pants

Are we talking RPGs that you can find for free online, or RPGs that are online exclusively (and free)? Makes a bit of a difference.

Assuming the latter, I'd have to say Pokethulhu.
LiaThistle
Are we talking RPGs that you can find for free online, or RPGs that are online exclusively (and free)? Makes a bit of a difference.

Assuming the latter, I'd have to say Pokethulhu.
Pokethulu is great. I actually paid for mine because I found it in a store and didn't know they were giving it away online. It was so good I did not feel ripped off. I mean ones that are given for free by the person who owns the rights to it. Not just found exclusively online.

Dedcadent Pants

I saw it in a store ages ago, but didn't buy it at the time because I thought, "No one would play this." I'm still kicking myself for not getting it.

Eloquent Streaker

I've been playing Pathfinder for free; only things I've actually bought are dice (and most of my dice were a gift), a figurine (my other figurine was also a gift), and a flip-mat. I've covered literally everything else by using PathfinderSRD or finding free PDFs of the books. Hell, for the first two months I didn't actually own dice; I just borrowed them from friends.

I know it's not TECHNICALLY a free game, but it's possible to play it without spending any money on it.
Requiem ex Inferni
I've been playing Pathfinder for free; only things I've actually bought are dice (and most of my dice were a gift), a figurine (my other figurine was also a gift), and a flip-mat. I've covered literally everything else by using PathfinderSRD or finding free PDFs of the books. Hell, for the first two months I didn't actually own dice; I just borrowed them from friends.

I know it's not TECHNICALLY a free game, but it's possible to play it without spending any money on it.
When it started it was free, and it was awesome.

Eloquent Streaker

Necromancer_fluffy
Requiem ex Inferni

If I remember correctly, it started off as an alternate setting for D&D 3.5e. It wasn't until later that it became a standalone game.
Requiem ex Inferni
Necromancer_fluffy
Requiem ex Inferni

If I remember correctly, it started off as an alternate setting for D&D 3.5e. It wasn't until later that it became a standalone game.
That is correct. When it started as a stand alone game the PDF was free.

Distinct Noob

I've had a lot of fun with Legend, which on its face would be familiar to anyone who knows D&D and the like. However it has a pretty neat track-based class system meaning that you can mix-and-match parts from what you like (and play that berserker wizard thief you've always wanted) and it's well balanced. I say it's well balanced because the worst minmaxer I know could barely get a +1 edge on anyone else when we played. And it's free as a free lunch!
ShinichiZio
I've had a lot of fun with Legend, which on its face would be familiar to anyone who knows D&D and the like. However it has a pretty neat track-based class system meaning that you can mix-and-match parts from what you like (and play that berserker wizard thief you've always wanted) and it's well balanced. I say it's well balanced because the worst minmaxer I know could barely get a +1 edge on anyone else when we played. And it's free as a free lunch!
That is awesome, thanks. I am going to check it out.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Requiem ex Inferni

By the same technicality that would put every other Table Top RPG as "Free".
Liquidor
Requiem ex Inferni

Pathfinder was originally a free rpg.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Necromancer_fluffy
Liquidor
Requiem ex Inferni

Currently you can buy it in stores so I personally don't consider it a free rpg. Just as "free" as any other book(s) you can torrent and download.
Liquidor
Necromancer_fluffy
Liquidor
Requiem ex Inferni

Currently you can buy it in stores so I personally don't consider it a free rpg. Just as "free" as any other book(s) you can torrent and download.
They were giving it on their website for free. You are right it is not be a free rpg now, but back in the day it was.

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
I'm fond of Dark Heresy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers