Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think it's pretty boring, I find normal chess more exciting (if I can call a board game exciting - yes)
Anyone? Or maybe you have seen anime Hikaru no Go?
I guess not - nevermind
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:48 pm
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:49 pm
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:52 pm

Give it more then five minuites! This is not IRC. it is a forum, as such, there should never be the expectation of 'real time' chat.
Japanese chess is called shougi, not go.

That said, I do wanna learn shougi, because of the interesting aspect of bein' able to recruit captured pieces.
Sandokiri
Japanese chess is called shougi, not go.

That said, I do wanna learn shougi, because of the interesting aspect of bein' able to recruit captured pieces.

As do I.

On the subject of Go, I don't find it boring at all. Chess may move faster, but Go takes more thought.
I've played both Go and Shougi before. I've found Shougi to be the harder of the two (maybe only because I was playing the computer as opposed to an amateur myself). I haven't played either in a while though and it might take me a while to relearn Go if I were to play it again.
Chess gets boring after a while. Go is a wonderfully rich game, even if I don't yet understand all of the complexities of the game. I have not had a chance to play shougi, but I would like to learn.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff