Welcome to Gaia! ::

ArcVembris
I want a Great Oar.
Heh, I think The Oar would have to be classifed as an Extra Great Club, or possibly a Really Great Club.

Or, you know, a stick with 10' reach. 4laugh
Good story behind it though.
ArcVembris
I want a Great Oar.

Someone plays too much Soul Calibur ][
TheJet20
ArcVembris
I want a Great Oar.

Someone plays too much Soul Calibur ][

Someone knows the story behind the duel between Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojiro.
elindred
ravenloft is technically a 3rd party source now that it's no longer owned by WoTC, but by Whitewolf. and what the hell are japanese swords doing in a setting of medieval gothic horror anyway?

anyway, 2d6 damage is simply too much for a one handed weapon. katana and b*****d swords are as good as one-handed weapons get; any better and it just has to be two-handed. if you want a bigger katana, just treat it as a greatsword.

oh, and if my passing knowledge of japanese swords is correct, large blades like that generally weren't made with as much precision and care as katana, so you shouldn't have to worry about the default masterworkness that katana generally come with.

Because Rokushima Taiyou is one of the Ravenloft domains that *isn't* based on Eastern Europe. There's also one based on Egypt. Because, you know, horror can exist in any culture.

Besides, the Eastern vampire "Mayonaka" rocks... as does his artifact sword "Tasogare."

And, before Tokugawa, most *katana* were nothing spectacular.
3d4 damage, 19-20 X3 damage. Large, exotic, two-handed. No one handed featage.
Jonnydarkly

Absolutly not.
Jonnydarkly
worst thing since the orcish shotput :/
Peddy
Someone knows the story behind the duel between Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojiro.
i've been meaning to play a barbarian with the same sort of demeanor and style as the Musashi character from the Vagabond series of manga. if only my friends will ever leave a spot open for a fighter character long enough for me to pick one :/
Jonnydarkly

stare
Ok, I say we force him to commit seppuku. Who else wants to try claiming dibs on cutting off his head if he makes a noise?

Oh yeah, neither of us mentioned the Nagamaki, Peddy. 2d4 Large Martial sword. (19-20/x2 crit). Basically a horseman's sword, or at least that's what it was meant for. Just try not to get your arms shot off by an archer trying to disarm you who doesn't know his own stregnth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff