Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Conversationalist

Ok, so the GM in my Fallout pen and paper group has tasked me with creating a weapon "that only affects calcified tissue, and can cause some sort of insta-death type effect against something that is already dead, and honestly wouldn't give two ******** if you blew it's head off." It has been requested that this weapon be of rather large size. pitch in ideas for my new weapon for me, because this is honestly a new field of weapon design for me. our campaign is fallout with a twist of Warhammer40k ( there are atmospheric cruisers and whatnot) the ship this weapon will be found in is a downed Enclave destroyer housing an experimental reactor as well as BoS salvage crews and nightmarish creatures that appeared shortly after the BoS started ******** around.

Dapper Conversationalist

Lucien God of Chaos
Ok, so the GM in my Fallout pen and paper group has tasked me with creating a weapon "that only affects calcified tissue, and can cause some sort of insta-death type effect against something that is already dead, and honestly wouldn't give two ******** if you blew it's head off." It has been requested that this weapon be of rather large size. pitch in ideas for my new weapon for me, because this is honestly a new field of weapon design for me. our campaign is fallout with a twist of Warhammer40k ( there are atmospheric cruisers and whatnot) the ship this weapon will be found in is a downed Enclave destroyer housing an experimental reactor as well as BoS salvage crews and nightmarish creatures that appeared shortly after the BoS started ******** around.

I can't imagine anything that could affect calcium salts in soft tissue (or affect soft tissue where such salts are present) without also affecting bone calcium. Or really any reliable way of affecting calcium in the body at all. It reacts really well with water and acid, but the body is already mostly water and acid is freaking acid. It's not electrically conductive and it doesn't burn easily (it will burn if you can ignite it, but hello wick effect from fatty tissue). Radiation would be effective since it's reactive, but good luck finding a form of ionizing radiation that doesn't harm normal cell tissue.

Short answer here is that anything that will harm/destroy calcified tissue will also harm/destroy non-calcified tissue, so...just make something up that sounds vaguely science-y while being totally meaningless. Good phrases to use: "adjust the phase variance;" "reverse the polarity;" anything involving the word "ionize."

Hilarious Conversationalist

I discovered an answer about an hour after posting this: nanites originally designed to remove excess calcium, weaponized to fend off these creatures from canisters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games