Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi Im new... Saw this site on G4...
Anyway to the topic, anyone play this game? Its a fantasy steam-punk miniatures wargame. Its got the best rules and sculpts of any wargame I know of (up yours Games Workshop!), and its alot cheaper then Warhammer or Warhammer 40k! Once I can save up $50 (shouldnt take too long) Im gonna get the rule book and a Khador battle group.

A few links:
Privateer Press - The people who make this game and a D20 RPG in the same setting.
Whites of Their Eyes - A website that sells nothing but Warmachine stuff! And they have a flat rate shipping with free shipping with more then $50.
I've heard of Warmachine, and it looks pretty cool. I'm interested in starting to play it, but the player base in my area is already annoying. You're supposed to play a game on a skirmish level...a few warjacks with a little support, but a lot of guys in my area insist on playing larger games. I don't have the cash to buy enough minis to start playing at the size they game at.
The only thing I don't like much is the lack of faction selection. Five isn't bad, but it's not much either.
If I were to play I think I'd choose either Menoth or Cygnar as my army.
Well, the GW games only had a few armies to choose from in the beginning, and theyve been around 25 years to have time to add more. Privateer Press uses freelance sculpters mostly so keeping up monthly releases is a bit difficult for them. Finaly someone who isnt cryx xd
Iraski
Well, the GW games only had a few armies to choose from in the beginning, and theyve been around 25 years to have time to add more. Privateer Press uses freelance sculpters mostly so keeping up monthly releases is a bit difficult for them. Finaly someone who isnt cryx xd

Cryx? What are you talking about? Is that the undead faction for Warmachine? If so I think those things are just damn ugly.

And yeah, there's plenty of room for Privateer to grow, and it'd be cool if they kept building. I might eventually buy into this game, but I'm going to be waiting for a little while to see if it stays strong.
If its not 40k, Im betting I'd have to buy the armies and supply my friends :/
Unfortunatly Mini games are hard to get people to play when they have to shell out too sad
Considering it only takes 40 bucks to get a box set that you can play a full game with, it shouldn't be too hard to get people to play, espicially if they're ok with shelling out the insane prices GW dictates. Furthermore, the sculpts are nice, imo. You could probably convince people to buy a little bit to have Warmachine as a side game.
In warmachine you can get a 500pt army, the book, and the supplies for around $200. Its alot more affordable then GW games because its more like 12 minis on the table then 50. That and it is generaly cheaper, 'jacks (the mechs) cost like $10-20 and there all metal while a plastic dreadnought in 40k costs $30 and its about the same size.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff