Welcome to Gaia! ::

Using forwardkommander.com, I think I've come up with a descent army list for my Cygnar. I already have a Thorn, Grenadier, Firefly and Sentinel, thus they are compulsory. Please give some ideas, changes and suggestions.

Here's the list:

Captain Victoria Haley (*5pts)
* Firefly (5pts)
* Grenadier (5pts)
* Hunter (6pts)
* Hunter (6pts)
* Sentinel (4pts)
* Thorn (8pts)
Long Gunner Infantry (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
first thing I would suggest is perhaps dropping one or two of the lights for a heavy, the hunters are good for stopping heavies, but they are still limited, and as my friend could tell you, infantry can kill them dead. specially things like Khador's widowmakers which get to choose where the damage goes. also might want to consider a bit more infantry, maybe expanding the long gunners to a full unit and adding the UA. That can hurt enemies. I wouldn't go to heavy with jacks as pHaley is very much focus greedy. You could also pick up a journeyman and have him take some of the jack load from her. Beyond that i can't really say much as I play Mercs and Khador, and I've only fought pHaley a once in mk2.
azavoth
first thing I would suggest is perhaps dropping one or two of the lights for a heavy, the hunters are good for stopping heavies, but they are still limited, and as my friend could tell you, infantry can kill them dead. specially things like Khador's widowmakers which get to choose where the damage goes. also might want to consider a bit more infantry, maybe expanding the long gunners to a full unit and adding the UA. That can hurt enemies. I wouldn't go to heavy with jacks as pHaley is very much focus greedy. You could also pick up a journeyman and have him take some of the jack load from her. Beyond that i can't really say much as I play Mercs and Khador, and I've only fought pHaley a once in mk2.
Thanks. The thing is that I have four of those 'Jacks already and really don't want to waste them and I really like the Light 'Jacks.
After poking around some, I found that adding a Trencher Master Gunner is highly recommended as he allows the Grenadier +2 AOE and re-roll deviations once per turn. Then, if anything gets in too close to my own units, he can give him Close Fire, pretty much not harm friendlies when they'd be in the AOE.
I'm thinking of adding a Squire, affording the Caster an extra 2" control area, extra focus points and to re-roll one failed magic attack each turn.
Should I look at a Stormsmith Caller to work with my Firefly? The light 'Jack can provide triangulation while running around on the field and frying infantry while being paired probably with a Stormclad, possibly a good duo.

EDIT:

Alright, read over some options and re-thought a few units, so how does this look?

Casters: 1/1
Captain Victoria Haley (*5pts)
* Firefly (5pts)
* Grenadier (5pts)
* Thorn (8pts)
* Squire (2pts)
Stormblade Infantry (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard (3pts)
* * Stormclad (10pts)
Trencher Master Gunner (2pts)
Well, if your on a budget that's one thing, but if you've got the money what you could always do is rotate them out. I do that with my jacks, I have a pair of juggernauts and a pair of kodiaks and I rotate them out depending on what I feel like running. And your reworked list looks good. from what other people have told me thorn is also a must have if you run Haley. I can't really speak much for the stormblade either, my friend loves his long gunners and he loves to cast snipe on them. and our group despises him for it as 2 pow 21 shots at 18 inches is pure BS
azavoth
Well, if your on a budget that's one thing, but if you've got the money what you could always do is rotate them out. I do that with my jacks, I have a pair of juggernauts and a pair of kodiaks and I rotate them out depending on what I feel like running. And your reworked list looks good. from what other people have told me thorn is also a must have if you run Haley. I can't really speak much for the stormblade either, my friend loves his long gunners and he loves to cast snipe on them. and our group despises him for it as 2 pow 21 shots at 18 inches is pure BS
Well, the re-worked list allows me to pretty much run all electrical damage except for the Grenadier/Master Gunner combo. I know Cpt. Nemo is supposed to be for such a thing, but he goes a different direction than I want and the Thorn I already have. This list would mean that I just have to buy the Stormblade and attachment, Squire, Stormclad, Haley and Master Gunner.
I'll try the switch-out later, seeing as how I'll be playing against my room mate and fiance most often, one running Khador and Cryx, respectively.
Asmusei
azavoth
Well, the re-worked list allows me to pretty much run all electrical damage except for the Grenadier/Master Gunner combo. I know Cpt. Nemo is supposed to be for such a thing, but he goes a different direction than I want and the Thorn I already have. This list would mean that I just have to buy the Stormblade and attachment, Squire, Stormclad, Haley and Master Gunner.
I'll try the switch-out later, seeing as how I'll be playing against my room mate and fiance most often, one running Khador and Cryx, respectively.

That's cool. And it's always good to see something other then a shoot happy cygnar, it gets tiring seeing pCaine all the time. And if you do ever get nemo, be careful because him+thunderhead=target big time. at least, my friend and i see it that way.
azavoth
Asmusei
azavoth

That's cool. And it's always good to see something other then a shoot happy cygnar, it gets tiring seeing pCaine all the time. And if you do ever get nemo, be careful because him+thunderhead=target big time. at least, my friend and i see it that way.
Oh yeah, big targets. The Stormblades give a point of Focus to the fellow Stormclad, thus I don't have to concentrate too much on a stellar Caster, as well as the Thorn being mainly a line of defense Jack, so the Arch node will just augment.
It's also considered to be the best arc node in the game. Marshaling the stormclad to the blades frees up some focus and you could probably get away with marshaling the grenadier to them as well, freeing up a bit more focus for haley as well. And Haley is a very frightening caster, specially if you use her right. Like walking a jack into deep water.... that was funny as hell

edit: that was e Haley, my mistake
azavoth
It's also considered to be the best arc node in the game. Marshaling the stormclad to the blades frees up some focus and you could probably get away with marshaling the grenadier to them as well, freeing up a bit more focus for haley as well. And Haley is a very frightening caster, specially if you use her right. Like walking a jack into deep water.... that was funny as hell

edit: that was e Haley, my mistake
Well, my fiance bought me an Epic anyways, so problem solved.
I'm going to have them marshal just the Stormclad and Firefly, as the Grenadier will just Entrench with the Master Gunner, after their deep-strike at the beginning of the game. It should provide the others with a good rallying point and will help divide enemy forces.
sounds good.
Looking good!
I really can't wait to start my Merc army. Though I have no idea where to start (I basically choose the models I think look cool/cute/sexy)

What attracted you to Cygnar?
MissRochester
Looking good!
I really can't wait to start my Merc army. Though I have no idea where to start (I basically choose the models I think look cool/cute/sexy)

What attracted you to Cygnar?
Well, I have a deep desire for freedom and am in the Army, so any military group in a game that I like that fights for the sake of freedoms is interesting to me. So, obviously, I have a Tau army in Warhammer 40K as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games