Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zamz
OrphanGrinder
chaos_lord2x
i play necrons and eldar, used to play dark eldar... but they were too hard to play... but the tau are possibly the worst race in the game... all they got are good guns... NOTHING ELSE, if you want good guns, and better stuff, play Imperial guard... I remeber once i watched a game with khorne chaos vs. tau... and the berzerkers and darmon prince got into close combat... i bet you can tell what happened than xd

Tau aren't pointless...they're just really unforgiving when someone makes a mistake. And before you say it...It is not a mistake to play tau against a close combat monster army...Tau has much better guns than I-Guard...but are much more fragile in hand to hand and cost a lot more...Target Priority is a MUST for the army. If you can pick out what targets you need to hit First then continue on your way down the priorities list you will be ok.

Fragile in hand to hand?

That rumor is false!

Tau are basicly gaurdsmen in hand to hand, thats not saying much, but I've had tau beat my a** down in hand to hand combat plenty of times, especially when they shoot my a** up as I get there.

Dude, weapon skill 3, iniative 2! I mean for gods sake! only the special characters are good in close combat. and the Imperial Gaurdsman have better guns than the Tau, at least the really big ones. The Tau's vechicles can't hold a candle to some of the IG's (the warhound titan for example, it owns ALL! along with the imperial bombard ( 4" template YES 4" NOT 3", ordance str 10 ap 1). While for weaker weaponry the Tau are better, overall the IG have bigger, better and definitely more guns.
gaia is being nutso...
Lean Revilian
Zamz
OrphanGrinder
chaos_lord2x
i play necrons and eldar, used to play dark eldar... but they were too hard to play... but the tau are possibly the worst race in the game... all they got are good guns... NOTHING ELSE, if you want good guns, and better stuff, play Imperial guard... I remeber once i watched a game with khorne chaos vs. tau... and the berzerkers and darmon prince got into close combat... i bet you can tell what happened than xd

Tau aren't pointless...they're just really unforgiving when someone makes a mistake. And before you say it...It is not a mistake to play tau against a close combat monster army...Tau has much better guns than I-Guard...but are much more fragile in hand to hand and cost a lot more...Target Priority is a MUST for the army. If you can pick out what targets you need to hit First then continue on your way down the priorities list you will be ok.

Fragile in hand to hand?

That rumor is false!

Tau are basicly gaurdsmen in hand to hand, thats not saying much, but I've had tau beat my a** down in hand to hand combat plenty of times, especially when they shoot my a** up as I get there.

Dude, weapon skill 3, iniative 2! I mean for gods sake! only the special characters are good in close combat. and the Imperial Gaurdsman have better guns than the Tau, at least the really big ones. The Tau's vechicles can't hold a candle to some of the IG's (the warhound titan for example, it owns ALL! along with the imperial bombard ( 4" template YES 4" NOT 3", ordance str 10 ap 1). While for weaker weaponry the Tau are better, overall the IG have bigger, better and definitely more guns.

Yes, it's true Tau suck in close-combat. But there ARE ways to get around this. Shove Kroot in front, to take shots and do some assaulting of their own. Don't have the Tau all shoot at different targets, aim for a target you need to take down. Photon Grenades for if you do get stuck in close-combat. You just need some strategy.
Can anybody here please join my club on warhammercampaign.com.It is totally free to register.Please PM me if you want to join and I will give youall the details.
Chakra_Thief
Lean Revilian
Zamz
OrphanGrinder
chaos_lord2x

Fragile in hand to hand?

That rumor is false!

Yes, it's true Tau suck in close-combat. But there ARE ways to get around this. Shove Kroot in front, to take shots and do some assaulting of their own. Don't have the Tau all shoot at different targets, aim for a target you need to take down. Photon Grenades for if you do get stuck in close-combat. You just need some strategy.
i personally like how for some reason, the tau shas-o is pretty adept and hand to hand, with four weapon skill and attacks, three inititive (low, but still better then two), and five strength.

..also its not totally fair to compare tau weaponry to TITANS. and the warhound titan is actually one of the lower class imperial titans out there....

if you want to compare titans, i think the tyranid hyrophant bio titan is actually more powerfull. in fact, my freind and i actually durring a game had my bio titan face his warhound. the warhound was one more succesfull hit away from being destroyed where it not for some terminators below my bio titans feet (who, where it not for thoes terminators, only lost one mass point)....after my bio titan fell, my hive tyrant came in and finished off the warhound with some of the luckies rolling both of us have ever seen. eek

..i think its more fair to say that tau dont have big guns like the imperial guard...YET..

..remember, there just starting as a full fledged space faring race. im sure if the earth caste puts their heads together, they can make up their own titans and what have you that could spank any imperial one in terms of long ranged guns...remember, humanity in this game has all but forgotten how their machines work, and according to the adeptus mechanicus, its heresy to tinker with machines as it alters their machine spirits or whatever. so they cant really improve on what they have, all they can do is crudly copy from what records, artifacts, and mystified knolage they have left. Tau on the other hand, dont have such a constraint when it comes to machines, and they KNOW how their stuff works, so they can build and improve on whatever new weapons they can think up. to the tau, machines work because of sciance and technology, to the imperium, its machine spirits and technomagic.

..untill then, i guess they will still have to rely on manta missile destroyers. sweatdrop
Lean Revilian
Zamz
OrphanGrinder
chaos_lord2x

Fragile in hand to hand?

That rumor is false!

If your friends play with Titans then that's all well and good...most people I know don't use them for a variety of reasons. One is the restrictive monetary cost. the other is the fact that you need to sink a substantial amount of points into a vehicle at the 2000 point level to field a titan. and if I'm not mistaken, the Bombard is a Titan or atleast Warmachine level weapon...thus making IG's best standard weapon the Earthshaker. S9 AP2 I believe...and it's a guess ordnance. Still though...take a marker light to it and watch the seeker missile pop it. or the team of broadsides. Honestly...in most normal games of 40k the Tau outgun IG, because of range and reliability of weaponry.

And the Tau are much more fragile in Hand to Hand...sure they hit as often as guardsmen...but Tau can't get vet-sarges with power weapons. Guard strikes first. Guard can do much better if they close order drill...and Don't even get me started on Tau vs. Bugs in HtH.
Chaos space marines are the best in those red and black covers ;D
Ilovearc
Chaos space marines are the best in those red and black covers ;D

INteresting..........but random
It doesnt matter if you play 40k or fantasy... Or allmost any other fantasy game... ORCS ORKS OOOOORCKS WAAAARGH!

Ow I love to swarm and stomp domokun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces