Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
So, anyone play this, albeit overly-expensive, but all-in-all fun piece of Nerdity?

So far, I'm in the middle of repainting my Imperial Guard army. Barely finished a platoon in 3 days... 5 more to go. Then come the Leman Russ Tanks...

Dapper Prophet

I've played it before with a friend's army and stuff, but still don't understand it too well. Or have the funding to pay for stuff of my own.

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Heh, i've painted about 10 men so far in my Guard army. Tanks are oh-so-much more fun to do.

Cleric

I helped a friend paint his army...I don't know if that counts as playing smile

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
cleddyfa
I helped a friend paint his army...I don't know if that counts as playing smile
Probably painted more of my men than I have, to be fair. razz
Just finished my new Gaunts a few days ago.
I play an Ultramarines army. I also just got Marneus Calgar and his Honour Guard recently.

5,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hmmm. think I should post a few pictures of my troops so far?

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Knock yourself out. razz

User Image

5,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Nice Leman Russ. Mine was painted more simply. Anyways, how can I take a decent picture of my models. My camera's not the greatest, and the flash makes everything look terrible.

I figured a white surface and a white backdrop would help.

5,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Shameless self bump for photography advice.

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=3204041&page=1

Basically, doing what you said, it helps the camera focus right.

Getting some decent light on the models helps as well, actual daylight beats the yellowish tinge from artificial lights when taking photos.

Have some more pics of the armour side of things. Still got a Russ and Sentinel to put together, along with most of them needing finishing off. razz
User Image
Ed Pakehc
Dra Fymmc Yna Lyjehk Eh...

I could swear I saw those IG on /tg/ the other day.

Anyway, I've got an 11k Chaos Marine army which consists of several smaller warbands, each with it's own fluff and squad markings/paint scheme.

I recently acquired 3k of Space Marines which are currently and slowly being painted up to a showcase standard for my local gaming club. They're also to be used as part of a doubles army with my friend since we're both playing Crimson Fists.

...Ed'c Desa Drec Tnays Lusac Du Yh Aht
Ubah Byhtuny'c Puq Yht Dyga Y Cdab Ehceta

5,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
oh man, these pictures are terrible!. D:

I've realized I paint terrain amazingly, but painting minis on the other hand...

Fashionable Bloodsucker

I have a nice "little" Tyranid force which I've been using for a long time, and which keeps growing.
Just a tip for the "mass horde" style armies (IG, 'Nid, Orks): Paint a full squad at once. Prime them all, then do the base coat on each, then go back and work on the highlights. It not only goes faster, but since they aren't special characters having them all look virtually alike isn't a bad thing. Differentiate your squads (and special characters) rather than the individuals in the squads.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff