Welcome to Gaia! ::

i collect necrons.THE ONLY THING THAT CAN BEAT NECRONS IS CONSTANT 6'S ON THE DIE MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed scream scream scream scream scream WE SHALL RETURN....with weapons.....
A.R.G.U.S Mykal
Hi. I'm thinking of investing in Warhammer. Do you think this is a good idea? If yes, please give me the basics. whee

There are no basics. Very complicated. End of my speech.
No 4th ed. 40K is basic compared to fantasy and 2nd edition warhammer 40K(mmm 2 hour phykic phases*shudders*)
anywho...
One...go buy a Rule Book and the army codex that you have an intrested in.
Two...READ the books very carefully 2-3 times.
Three...Plan your army out and buy 1 hq and two troup choices since you need them to play a basic game.
Four...Find A NICE HELPFULL Person to play a small game with and walk you through it
From there you should be fine
just don't expect to have money after you start

Happy Gaming!
yeah, what Itherial said. But instead of buying the rulebook/codex you could just find a PDF of course, but if you start playing having the codex on hand is invaluable.
i play chaos (iron warriors), dark eldar (never find them anymore), and tau (who really suck); but i'd say go for it! if you've got the money and the patience, it really pays of!

3,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
before you start, you must have the following 2 things:
Mony and Time
if you dont know what army to get, go watch a few games, then buy a codex for the army you want to play. start with a hq, follow by 2 troops. then get into a small game with a friend, and slowly buy more units. "Note: if u want to try out a squad/brood/ext... ask the person if u can use markers/decoys befor wasting money on units you'll never use."

As for me, i play Deathwing. i started about 1 year ago and have about 1700 pts of guys.
NO money + NO time = badass collector/player

Ive been playing for round 4 years now and ive spent several thousands of dollars on marines, Steel Legion, and High ELves...i suggest you get a lot of money, and a lot of time!! domokun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff