Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi. I'm thinking of investing in Warhammer. Do you think this is a good idea? If yes, please give me the basics. whee
What do ya mean by 'Basics'?
yo noob we already got a thread for talkin about warhammer go ask the people their and u will get help
Chaoslancer
yo noob we already got a thread for talkin about warhammer go ask the people their and u will get help

Exccuse me? Noob? New to this Table top thing...yes. But not new to Gaia. I sometimes dress like one though.
Its up to you. Its really fun, but it takes time and money. blaugh
yeah I you know say bye to you're b***h day.
Malakym777
yeah I you know say bye to you're b***h day.
... is that even a sentence?
I think that you should get into the game. The new rules make everything easier, but it is pretty pricey. Over the past 4 years I have spent over $5000 on several armies.
Well I'm going to ask this first off, since noone else has bothered... Fantasy or 40K???
if ur gonna get 40k may i suggest that u get a common army like Space Marines or Elder ( even though i think SM suck )
once u get a hang of the rules you can move on to different armys i.e Tau ( best Army of em all ) an so on
One thing you absolutly must understand first - this game will consume your soul if you let it. Secondly, it will also consume your wallet. Other than that it is the most fun, non-electronic game (both fanstasy and 40k) that I have ever played. I say go for it.
I spent about $180 just getting the starter set, two codex's and the paint set. Make sure you have a good money supply and plenty of time. You should invest if you want to play or just paint them.
its a really fun game, but it takes a lot of money to get a good army, unless you buy it from somone, than it can get pretty cheap
No matter which GW game you get, remember it's not just a game but a hobby as well. I would first try to read up on the rich filled stories both games have. Than pick an army to play.
If you love tabletop gaming, and there are people around you to play with go for it. I have an army and theres only like, 3 other players in my city. I still think it was worth it to have my army sitting on a shelf looking awsome as hell. I use Tau myself. I'd suggest searching a file sharing netowork for all the army codex books first and decide what you want to play that way. And as far as buying an army for someone second hand, that would be alot less money most likely, but youd either have to stick with how they are painted now, risk damaging the pieces when your striping the pait, or try and paint over whats there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff