Welcome to Gaia! ::

Right then, I'm wondering what the opinion is: what do you think is the best dreadnought? This is including all models legal for a dreadnought fight: Necron Lords, Carnifexes, Dreadnoughts, Chaos Dreadnoughts, Crisis Suits, Broadsides, War Walkers, Wraithlords, Hive Tyrants, Ork Dreadnoughts, and anything like that I may have missed.
Ivan_the_Corrupted
Right then, I'm wondering what the opinion is: what do you think is the best dreadnought? This is including all models legal for a dreadnought fight: Necron Lords, Carnifexes, Dreadnoughts, Chaos Dreadnoughts, Crisis Suits, Broadsides, War Walkers, Wraithlords, Hive Tyrants, Ork Dreadnoughts, and anything like that I may have missed.
Plain and simple the new carnifex. D3 attacks on top of the base or 2d6 attacks on top of the base that don't count as TMC. On the other side of the spectrum the ven dread is nice. The wraithlord is a bit dodgey and I dont like it though some swear by it...
I have first-hand experience how nasty a ork dread can be... you can just keep shooting of those weapons! and some very nice ones they have too. plus you can make them look ever so cool, since you have to make your own as there are no models for them
wraithlord without a doubt, with twin-flamers and a starcannon can take on anything and (probably) win
well you can count out the tau suits. they are more like terminators and devastators.

i would have to go with Bjorn the Fell-Handed. but i am a space wolves player so that may influence my decision. biggrin
what is this game
Argothic7
what is this game

http://www.gamesworkshop.com

just choose your language/country and click on the big warhammer 40,ooo image somewhere on the page.
thanks for the info
Tzarkan
I have first-hand experience how nasty a ork dread can be... you can just keep shooting of those weapons! and some very nice ones they have too. plus you can make them look ever so cool, since you have to make your own as there are no models for them

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=301942&orignav=300925&ParentID=6472&GameNav=10

Of course, the best ones are usually converted...
oh, damn, I forgot that one... It's not available at my local store so I forgot about it sweatdrop
but you are right, the cool ones are converted!
I like my sentinels just fine, but then again, I'm insane.
Sepoko
I like my sentinels just fine, but then again, I'm insane.
If they could get a single power weapon attack I would love them too. Mine has a kick a**! power claw that it cannot use... Only counts towards roughterrain mod...

Original Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
would this include crises suits.
Dreadnaughts... Do you mean Walker Class units? Because most of those have too low of an armor class for my tastes. If you consider the Wraithlord to be a dreadnaught... thats probably the best one, considering its high toughness (should be nerfed) and nice weapon selection.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff