Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
I play Wolves. I'm toying with thunder wolf calvary... any thoughts?

4,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
Im to the left there
I'm getting into warhammer right now since one of my friends convinced me to. I'm gonna be getting ork stuff and I have around 100 bucks to spend on my stuff. I know I need the codex, but I was gonna get the ork boyz pack and the gretchin pack.

They seemed like good starter stuff, but I'm open to suggestions please

Ebay! Ebay and online stores. The store in my sig is running a special. Just saying. [/shameless plug]
Ryde the Stampede

The calvary for the space wolves look great. I don't know how they compare to bikes though. They are pretty pricey unit for points and money. Bikes are pricey both ways too. Terminators are great now since most power weapons have a.p. 3 so Terminators can stand against most close combat weapon. The 6th edition rules look nothing like 3rd, 4th, or 5th.

Fashionable Tactician

Ash Badguy Faust
All the marines aligned with chaos gods are elites unless your HQ takes the respective marks which seem silly.

This makes me want the codex even more then i allready do :/

4,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
Itherial
Ryde the Stampede

The calvary for the space wolves look great. I don't know how they compare to bikes though. They are pretty pricey unit for points and money. Bikes are pricey both ways too. Terminators are great now since most power weapons have a.p. 3 so Terminators can stand against most close combat weapon. The 6th edition rules look nothing like 3rd, 4th, or 5th.

Yeah.. the priciness is making me think twice... I don't know.
I haven't played since 5th edition... I think I will take it for a spin before I choose to add the calvary.
Ryde the Stampede
Itherial
Ryde the Stampede

I haven't played since 5th edition... I think I will take it for a spin before I choose to add the calvary.

In the new rules charging is 2d6 inches and not the normal 6 inches.

4,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
Itherial
Ryde the Stampede
Itherial
Ryde the Stampede

I approve of this.
Ryde the Stampede
Itherial
Ryde the Stampede
Itherial
Ryde the Stampede

I approve of this.

I rather like the Warhammer fantasy rule of movement +2ds since I play Tyranids and Blood Angels.
Could someone explain the morale/leadership mechanic to me? I play orks and I don't really get it. I know that if my boyz squad is 11+ it doesn't matter, but I don't really get what to do when it dips below.
Im to the left there
Could someone explain the morale/leadership mechanic to me? I play orks and I don't really get it. I know that if my boyz squad is 11+ it doesn't matter, but I don't really get what to do when it dips below.

A leadership test is 2d6 and anything under it pasts the test. If you fail a leadership test normally bad things happen like if you lost close combat and you roll a 12 you would run 2d6 inches to the nearest table edge and the squad in close combat pursues the fleeing unit(unless it is engaged with more then one squad). If the pursuing unit catches or over runs the fleeing squad then the fleeing squad is killed(unless you have "they shall know no fear" which auto regroups the fleeing squad but only loyal space marine chapters have that rule).
Itherial
Im to the left there

A leadership test is 2d6 and anything under it pasts the test. If you fail a leadership test normally bad things happen like if you lost close combat and you roll a 12 you would run 2d6 inches to the nearest table edge and the squad in close combat pursues the fleeing unit(unless it is engaged with more then one squad). If the pursuing unit catches or over runs the fleeing squad then the fleeing squad is killed(unless you have "they shall know no fear" which auto regroups the fleeing squad but only loyal space marine chapters have that rule).

thanks, that really cleared things up for me

Hilarious Lunatic

2,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
Okay so I'm seriously considering making Night Lords for a chaos space marine army.

Fashionable Tactician

Ash Badguy Faust
Okay so I'm seriously considering making Night Lords for a chaos space marine army.

how are you going to do this? just for the colour scheme or the fluff with a force thats more infiltration based and raptor heavy?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[/spolier]
Slaaneth
Ash Badguy Faust

how are you going to do this? just for the colour scheme or the fluff with a force thats more infiltration based and raptor heavy?

Pic did not work. I have to buy the Rule book and codex still but I have birthday gifts to buy for a few months.

Fashionable Tactician

Itherial
Slaaneth
Ash Badguy Faust

Pic did not work. I have to buy the Rule book and codex still but I have birthday gifts to buy for a few months.
http://1d4chan.org/images/e/e1/1174923365695wq1vj1.png

i got the codex today, for my birthday biggrin i like what i've seen of it so far - Noise marines are cheaper and ignore cover now which is nice, All deamon engines have a 5+ regeneration with the new hull point system which is scary.

my favourite piece of the codex design though so far, is that they have a reference to everything in the codex in the back, like they do at the back of the main rule book - the rules shortened and without the fluff so they're quick to look up

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff