Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

Itherial
from blue to
Itherial
from blue to
Itherial
There is a unit that is one the most expensive models money wise, 5 models for $106 after tax...They were less money pewter.

That's just sad.

I keep putting off buying the unit too. I can buy the new Warhammer 40,000 box set or two monstrous creature models which go for $57 each....I could get so many different things for a $100 dollars or so.

Yeah, I'm not even buying any warhammer until I finish assembling and at least start painting what I have. It's gonna be a while. 100 dollars is about the right amount for what I would buy though. What a price to be looking at.

I have not bought the new rulebook yet but I did read all of it so the new box set will give me the new book and my brother gave me his Thousand Sons army so I can add the Chaos part to them but the Dark Angels don't really match my Blood Angels without heavy conversion so I may sell most the Dark Angels.

All I've done concerning the new rules and boxed set is look at and listen to reviews. 40k is leaving me behind for a while.

Thousand Sons, the one faction of chaos I haven't seen on the table yet. They look good from what I've heard/read though. The fluff is nice too. Too bad you will likely only use half of the box set, but at least it has something for you. How many armies have no use for it, right.
from blue to
Itherial
from blue to
Itherial
from blue to
Itherial
There is a unit that is one the most expensive models money wise, 5 models for $106 after tax...They were less money pewter.

That's just sad.

I keep putting off buying the unit too. I can buy the new Warhammer 40,000 box set or two monstrous creature models which go for $57 each....I could get so many different things for a $100 dollars or so.

Yeah, I'm not even buying any warhammer until I finish assembling and at least start painting what I have. It's gonna be a while. 100 dollars is about the right amount for what I would buy though. What a price to be looking at.

I have not bought the new rulebook yet but I did read all of it so the new box set will give me the new book and my brother gave me his Thousand Sons army so I can add the Chaos part to them but the Dark Angels don't really match my Blood Angels without heavy conversion so I may sell most the Dark Angels.

All I've done concerning the new rules and boxed set is look at and listen to reviews. 40k is leaving me behind for a while.

Thousand Sons, the one faction of chaos I haven't seen on the table yet. They look good from what I've heard/read though. The fluff is nice too. Too bad you will likely only use half of the box set, but at least it has something for you. How many armies have no use for it, right.

The new rules are more Warhammer fantasy like rules and tanks and walkers are easier to destroy. They have structure points and are destroyed after they run out of points. Psychic Powers are picked in a school or from your codex and you get a certain amount that you can cast a turn. Melee weapons have A.P. now. I believe most power weapons have A.P. 3 so Terminators get saves against most.power weapon . Commanders can roll for a random ability, there are 3 list to choose from. Flyers are more complicated, Flying Monstrous Creatures are more complicated. Charging is now 2D6 inches instead of 6. Other things are basically the same.

Hilarious Lunatic

2,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
Itherial
from blue to
Itherial
from blue to
Itherial

That's just sad.

I can tell you that the DA commander only needs red paint to become a blood angels commander. The termies and bikes need some modelling but they can make great additions to a BA army.
Ash Badguy Faust
Itherial
from blue to
Itherial
from blue to
Itherial

That's just sad.

I can tell you that the DA commander only needs red paint to become a blood angels commander. The termies and bikes need some modelling but they can make great additions to a BA army.

The limited Chaplain looked great, too bad I did not get an order in on time to get him(though I own Lemartes and another Chaplain).The Librarian looks great and I need one since I don't have one yet. The Terminators would need the Dark Angel stuff removed and so would the Tactical Squad. The bikes are way Dark Angel in nature but the Chaos I can use with the my new Chaos army that will hopefully get a new codex.

Hilarious Lunatic

2,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
Pretty sure chaos is the next dex because of the new models released in Dark Vengence.

Enduring Genius

Chaos Space Marine codex is all but confirmed with all the leaks. Dark Angels codex is hoped to be released shortly thereafter or alongside it.

Fashionable Tactician

Has anyone seen the new chaos minatures that were leaked?
my purse is crying in pain allready, it knows it'll be so empty.
The new Codex is too much money. I don't see a box set for cultists....If they are in the book and the only way to get them is the starter set then that makes me mad. I want some of those models for my Thousand Sons.

Fashionable Tactician

Itherial
The new Codex is too much money. I don't see a box set for cultists....If they are in the book and the only way to get them is the starter set then that makes me mad. I want some of those models for my Thousand Sons.

i'm hoping they'll be released later, if not i shall cry. the codex it the same price that is used to be for me, probably heavier due to being hardback so costs more to export also the codex looks nicer then older versions, its hardback, fully colour and has fold out pages i think.

In other news mutilators look sillier then something amazingly silly.
Slaaneth
Itherial

i'm hoping they'll be released later, if not i shall cry. the codex it the same price that is used to be for me, probably heavier due to being hardback so costs more to export also the codex looks nicer then older versions, its hardback, fully colour and has fold out pages i think.

Dunno anyone who would want the special edition of the codex since you really don't get anything that special. Mutilators look like over sized possessed. Maybe they would look better painted different and the codex is just like the new Warhammer Fantasy books being hardcover but it has fold outs which is rather new. I hope they changed my Thousand Sons because slow and purposeful makes them useless since you can shoot bolters 2 times at 24 inches. Thousand Sons do not get heavy weapons either.

Fashionable Tactician

Itherial
Slaaneth
Itherial

Dunno anyone who would want the special edition of the codex since you really don't get anything that special. Mutilators look like over sized possessed. Maybe they would look better painted different and the codex is just like the new Warhammer Fantasy books being hardcover but it has fold outs which is rather new. I hope they changed my Thousand Sons because slow and purposeful makes them useless since you can shoot bolters 2 times at 24 inches. Thousand Sons do not get heavy weapons either.

and TSs are the most expensive squad due to Having to take an aspiring sorc and a single spell, my noisemarines come in at second most expensive at 25 points a guy - i Allways buy the bolter - but the new rules are not too horrific for them seeing as they get to use the heavy profile for overwatch every assault, one good thing for chaos is that deamon weapons are some of the only Ap2 power weapons left - the latest FAQ made them and the incubi from dark eldar ap2 again
Too bad that it looks like they made Thousand Sons elite.....I have so many of them. I hope there is a way to make them troops.

Beloved Lunatic

Itherial
Too bad that it looks like they made Thousand Sons elite.....I have so many of them. I hope there is a way to make them troops.

Is it just Thousand Suns that are elite now, or did they make some of the others elite as well?

Hilarious Lunatic

2,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
There should be a character you take that makes them a troops choice. I think they are going the way of Dark angels and forcing you to take certain HQ's to get the benefit of squads and cults as troops.
from blue to
Itherial

Is it just Thousand Suns that are elite now, or did they make some of the others elite as well?

They put them in the elite section on the page now. Usually means they are elite. I hope they can be taken as troops...I don't have normal chaos troops.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff