Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

Talk about what armies you want to.
I play Imperial Guard so that's what I'll be bringing up first.

The army I'm working with now uses infantry platoons accompanied by weapon teams, maxes out storm troopers, then throws what tanks and sentinels it can on the field. What I need to figure out now is if it's worth the investment to replace some sentinels with hellhounds. I got one hell hound to try out, but haven't had opportunity to field it yet.

Anyone got any advice on using the hellhound/aquiring more hellhounds?

Edit: Warhammer Fantasy has come up quite a bit and, though I will not be changing the title of the thread, Fantasy army discussion is very welcome here.
I have 2 armies in Warhammer 40,000. Blood Angels and Tyranids. About 2500 of both and I have been playing for roughly 15 years. I even play Fantasy.

Beloved Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I playy Chaos, chaos deamons and dark eldar at the moment biggrin

my brothers play orks, dark eldar, Chaos, blood angels, sisters of battle and nids aswell

Soo. lots of armys

Fashionable Shapeshifter

12,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Hygienic 200
I having a chaos army that I'm still working on finishing.

Beloved Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
not many warhammer players on gaia :l

Beloved Lunatic

Victoria kreuz

There's more than are showing up here. There's one or more guilds that at least watch the table top forum. I think people get tired of just seeing other players list their armies with little discussion going on. I can't remember ever seeing a warhammer thread making it past 4 pages or so.

Beloved Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bob and Others
Victoria kreuz

There's more than are showing up here. There's one or more guilds that at least watch the table top forum. I think people get tired of just seeing other players list their armies with little discussion going on. I can't remember ever seeing a warhammer thread making it past 4 pages or so.

I dont either. But what would you discuss? D: your latest victory or something?

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
What's new, what's coming from GW, as well as Forgeworld and other things.

Ideas on what could try running, the 'fluff' of the 40k etc....

Plenty that can be discussed. Armies, Characters, etc...

Just that table top is a slow forum. And likely if there are a few guilds for 40k and related GW stuff. Then it's likely most discussion and serious players are in them.

Beloved Lunatic

Something I'd like to see people discuss is how they got into warhammer in the first place. To me it was always that cool looking game that was mostly a mystery until I met some players through a mutual friend. I had plenty of money at the time so I dove in and fell in love with the game.

We could also discuss pros and cons of different armies; different ways of playing the game(one on one; teams; free for all; with or wiithout lots of terrain; etc.); hobby aspects(painting; customizing; etc.)

Surely, out of these suggestions and the ones already mentioned we can come up with some worthwhile conversation.
My friend bought some 2nd edition Tyranids( this was before 3rd edition codex so we used the rule book rules for Tyranids ). I bought some 2nd edition marines and played vanilla until Blood Angels came out...played them but sold the old army and got into guard. Sold my guard because I dropped my open case filled with over 200 models. Started Tyranids last edition and Blood Angels again when I saw the new models and wanted to live the good old days. I also had a Dark Elves army a little after I started my Blood Angels 3rd edition. I sold that army and until a year ago I started a Vampire Count army because I love evil beast like vampires that can rip a unit apart by one Vampire Lord.

Beloved Lunatic

Itherial
My friend bought some 2nd edition Tyranids( this was before 3rd edition codex so we used the rule book rules for Tyranids ). I bought some 2nd edition marines and played vanilla until Blood Angels came out...played them but sold the old army and got into guard. Sold my guard because I dropped my open case filled with over 200 models. Started Tyranids last edition and Blood Angels again when I saw the new models and wanted to live the good old days. I also had a Dark Elves army a little after I started my Blood Angels 3rd edition. I sold that army and until a year ago I started a Vampire Count army because I love evil beast like vampires that can rip a unit apart by one Vampire Lord.

Sounds pretty cool except for the dropped case. Which army have you had the most luck with, or which one do you perform better with if you don't believe in luck.
Bob and Others
Itherial

Sounds pretty cool except for the dropped case. Which army have you had the most luck with, or which one do you perform better with if you don't believe in luck.

Always make sure your case is closed. I have won more with Tyranids in last edition but the new edition is not bad. I like the idea of spawning new units from a monster more then the unit coming on the edge of the board as with the unlimited numbers rules guants had but was pricey. Blood Angels are easier to play with because of less numbers and better armor on your units, Oh and I love death company dreads since they can wipe a squad out easy.

Beloved Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
its just D: Allways been there for me. my older brothers and their friends play it there was also a club in my school

Beloved Lunatic

Victoria kreuz
its just D: Allways been there for me. my older brothers and their friends play it there was also a club in my school

That's pretty rocking. The place I grew up is so middle-of-nowhere warhammer is pretty much unheard of.

Beloved Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bob and Others
Victoria kreuz

That's pretty rocking. The place I grew up is so middle-of-nowhere warhammer is pretty much unheard of.

I live in england D: its veryy common here

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces