Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whats your fav race?????????????? cool
I like Tyranids...but I think that we should have kept the eldar and nids at the level they were at during 2nd ed.
Nahhhh Space Marines are the easiest to play...

And terminators should have kept their +3 save on 2d6
I love my Imperial Guard, they may not be great like space marines, but many of my friends find them just as scary! Not that I think space marines suck, they're great 2, when I had 2 choose however I sold my marines and expanded my IG. And those nids are also cool ( i heard that the new rules mean your troop nids respawn and the big ones cant be double strenght!)
I like the orks they look cool. And has cool vericals and I can use a space marrin verical or Imperial Guard verical.
Tau all the way.They can tear armor apart.
Black Templar Space Marines. No pity, No remorse, No fear!!!
KaitheRedeemer

tau cant do any thing!! all about the guard tank bragade, 3 basaliscks,12 russ battle tanks, 3 chimaras, 2 russ vanquishers, ahhh the range the carnage no one can come close to that!!!

oh yes bitches!!
kat66
KaitheRedeemer

tau cant do any thing!! all about the guard tank bragade, 3 basaliscks,12 russ battle tanks, 3 chimaras, 2 russ vanquishers, ahhh the range the carnage no one can come close to that!!!

oh yes bitches!!

Wow the Tau rock what are you saying. Strength 10 Ap 1 gun. Ill pop your tanks like a hot knife through butter. Strength 5 basic guns aswell. The Tau have arguably the best guns in the game. Their plasma rifle doesnt even suffer from gets hot. All I have to do to beat your army is throw some twin linked fusion guns on a couple squads of crisis suits and deep strike them behind your lines.

The Tau seriusly rock though. THey are simple, powerfull, fluffy and really cool looking. Marines may scoff but it maintaints true that make a marine roll enough armor saves and he will fail. The Tau are very good at making him roll those saves. Mwahahahaha.
You do know that Tau are relatively flimsy on the whole right? I mean...sure...you can have up to 3 units of 3 suits that have really bad a** guns...but a standard Imp Guard Combat batallion will tear you to pieces...tear the tank brigade to pieces too...

and the New Bugs will most likely kill everyone.
The Tau are weak only if you use them badly. THEIR NOT MARINES!!! Everyone always thinks of all armies in relation to marines. They arent psychos with really good armor. They are mobile. They outmaneuvre and blast away. That squad of 3 crisis suits can take down many tanks without taking a single shot. Why? the 6 inch move in the assault phase. Leap over a hill, blow open the rear armor, then leap back. No opportunity for the enemy to return fire. The Tau have no resilient units. The idea is to just not take fire, to avoid direct battle as much as possible. You dont just sit there and bash it out. PPl complain about the low Initiative and the cruddy cc skills. PPl complain about the kroots weaknesses. The Tau are designed to be carefully used. THe kroot arent ment to be thrown out in the open and charged across the field like a guardian squad, a firewarrior team isnt ment to be charging down streets under enemy fire. When used as they are ment to be used they are a tough opponent to crack.

You cant shoot what you cant see. And with markerlights, 72 inch range railguns, smart missil systems, jet packs, 30 inch range STANDARD rifle and seeker missils your unlikely to see them first... if at all.
My favorite warhammer race is the Lizardmen. Come on, cold blooded reptiles slithering ansd stomping their way over to eat you? Only thing scarier, is a horde of Hormugaunts.

Favorite 40K race would have to be the standard humans; Imperial Guard. They're the only ones that seem truely brave to me; no genetic engineering, no powered armor, no high powered weapons, no hive mind, or genetic predisposition for combat. Just blood, sweat, tears, and an unwavering confidence in the human race and the rightness of their cause.
Vash113
The Tau are weak only if you use them badly. THEIR NOT MARINES!!! Everyone always thinks of all armies in relation to marines. They arent psychos with really good armor. They are mobile. They outmaneuvre and blast away. That squad of 3 crisis suits can take down many tanks without taking a single shot. Why? the 6 inch move in the assault phase. Leap over a hill, blow open the rear armor, then leap back. No opportunity for the enemy to return fire. The Tau have no resilient units. The idea is to just not take fire, to avoid direct battle as much as possible. You dont just sit there and bash it out. PPl complain about the low Initiative and the cruddy cc skills. PPl complain about the kroots weaknesses. The Tau are designed to be carefully used. THe kroot arent ment to be thrown out in the open and charged across the field like a guardian squad, a firewarrior team isnt ment to be charging down streets under enemy fire. When used as they are ment to be used they are a tough opponent to crack.

You cant shoot what you cant see. And with markerlights, 72 inch range railguns, smart missil systems, jet packs, 30 inch range STANDARD rifle and seeker missils your unlikely to see them first... if at all.

And thus by your arguement you prove mine. I didn't say they're not good...I said they're flimsy. Most people I see play Tau play them like you described and do alright...or play them like guard and get their brains bashed in.

I was mostly criticising the fact that you say they're simple. They are not simple by any means. They require finesse and a good sound tactical mind to use properly...if you cannot then you will die horribly. Fluff wise they are far from simple.

I am sorry if I jumped the gun on you...I'm just sick of all the people on Gaia who say "Tau are a great army for Beginners!"
Glen_Savet
My favorite warhammer race is the Lizardmen. Come on, cold blooded reptiles slithering ansd stomping their way over to eat you? Only thing scarier, is a horde of Hormugaunts.

Favorite 40K race would have to be the standard humans; Imperial Guard. They're the only ones that seem truely brave to me; no genetic engineering, no powered armor, no high powered weapons, no hive mind, or genetic predisposition for combat. Just blood, sweat, tears, and an unwavering confidence in the human race and the rightness of their cause.

If you play guard with no high powered weapons then you must be a GOD...I mean...no Plasma Guns, or Battle Cannons? No Las-Cannons or Earthshaker Cannons? Not even a simple Missile Launcher?

Dude...Guard have some of THE most high powered weapons in all of 40k...only the Tau have bigger guns and the guard tend to bring More of them than the Tau can muster...
theyre definately not for beginners hahaha Ive played em and they really own when used properly (although all my mates call me coward because I do the battlesuit jump in jump out thing) and Tau arent that bad in close combat (with a bit of luck on your side) ive done lots of crazy things with firewarriors in close combat.
my question is, why does a tau commander (the best one) have more attacks then the best space marine commander (3vs4) I know you can give the marine terminator honours and all kinds of neat weapons but why does a shooty commander have 4 attacks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff