Do you play D&D?

Yes, cause I'm cool 0.90051020408163 90.1% [ 1412 ]
No, cause i'm stupid 0.099489795918367 9.9% [ 156 ]
Total Votes:[ 1568 ]

Dangerous Player

gramoride
Rockwarrior v2.0
Apocalyptic Meteor
"This particular creature is a humanitarian. As opposed to the elf you talked to earlier, who was a vegetarian."

but what does that have to do with...

its a play on words

I know
-I'm gonna need to borrow some d10s
-remember the guy who got away?
-thats his modifier not his score
-wheres the rules for waater pressure...
-the town is gone
-step outside with me, bring your sheet.
-no one brought ghost-touch anything?
-I call this campaign "Broken Minds"
-I thought you prepared feather fall?
-welcome to the astral planes!
player what the fak happened i wished that every one loved me why are they all attacking

DM ever heard of tough love?
DM: You enter the Great Hall and spot a man standing at the other end examining a vase. Everything around him for 20 feet is being thrashed by hurricane force winds that are streaked with blue, red, and black. He stands unaffected. The figure itself has 2 rings of electricity that dance around his body. They seem to be lashing out at large chunks of debris that come too close. The figure smiles at the party and waves his hand summoning a dozen wolves in front of him. The winds rip apart the animals in a split-second. They seem to freeze, roast, and be torn apart as the streaks slam into them. Shadows of the animals float up into the storm. It intensifies two-fold and grows larger by a 60 feet. A melting sound reveals the doorway to be a solid slab of stone. Torches flicker out plunging the room into darkness. "Winner takes all, gents?" The sounds of more animals cry out from the shadow and the wind howls louder. Shadows resembling his clawed hands reach towards each of them. Roll initiative!
PC: I hate you...
DM: What? Each of you are a higher level. smile
Outcome: 5 new PCs training even harder and the wiz picking up true sight finally. 1 Big Baddy shopping for new furniture and laughing.
DM: The spellcaster waves his hands and speaks in a strange tongue. roll spellcraft check.
PC 1 in the sky: nat 1
PC on the ground: 9
DM: no clue, continue
PC 1: Activate haste boots and I power dive the spellcaster.
DM: blink* proceed...
PC 1: bite attack 1st. 19 +5. 24.
DM: The spellcaster seems frozen in fear til about 8 feet away. Than he grins. 7 feet away from impact with him you realize now realize he cast a wall of force 5 feet away from himself. I need more dice....
My DM will sometimes roll dice, then just laugh for a full minute without explanation.

Last time that happened, a girl's character was changed into a boy, then lured in by a male succubus. >.<

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I'd hate to do this, but as a DM, I know the PCs are gonna dread this...

Me: Ok, the BBEG's* turn. He pops three Inspiration points to take a second Standard Action. He casts Haste, moves...75 feet away (current speed is 45), and casts Summon Monster 9. *Adds some Devils to the table* And these Devils in turn summon reinforcements.

PC's: ......********.

*Human Factotum 8/Mindbender 1/Ur Priest 10/Wizard 1
DM: After fighting through and solving the riddles of the magical funhouse that is the Castle of Kazurrul, you find a chest. Not guilded in gold, but a dark red, flowing liquid.
Party: The rogue is gonna handle this.
Rogue:... *opens
DM: You find, nestled within, the Thallimos Hood. A trinket of the God himself, Thallimos, the Blood-Gorger, passed to his first mortal follower. It gives a 2 AC bonus, makes you immune to ongoing damage, heals you for 25% of damage done, and gives you "Blessing of Thallimos."
Party: We'll let the warlock have it. He's always draining is own health for extra damage. It's perfect for him. With that he'll be one shotting creatures.
DM: He gains "Blessing of Thallimos." He gains a bonus to his attack rolls, damage rolls, and defenses equal to half his level as well as a 300% boost to his HP. . . .
Warlock: SICK!
Party: What?!?
DM: . . . pass me your character sheet please. . .
Warlock: k
DM: . . .and is Dominated. He is mind-controlled by Thallimos, who wants the blood of do-gooders to flow by his hand. Consider why your enemies didn't wear such a powerful item twisted .

My campaigns are so mean.

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
That's almost as evil as the time when one of our many DMs (our good DM doesn't like to DM, then we got another who then stopped because HE doesn't want to, then we got a decent one who eventually stopped as well, but not before this incident) railroaded us into being captured by a black dragon. Even those munchkins with level adjustment (not taken into account for most purposes, might I add, and my sister isn't doing the Dragon as PC thing correctly) couldn't resist this stuff. And this dragon was originally CR 16. We leveled up to 17, so DM made it "tougher."
Here we go. Not even bothering with proper English here. Just typing. Not to insult said DM, but so others can learn from his mistake. It's even a mistake if you happen to be on Ysgard at the time, people.
Lizardfolk scout scouts ahead, and then is grappled, stabbed and paralyzed by invisible dragon. Tunnel slams shut behind him as he is dragged away.
Me (half-elf cleric/swift wing of Bahamut), samurai, and warlock go down tunnel, try to dig under the new barrier. Meanwhile, our resident insane multiclass ungodly prestige half-silver dragon (DM) was dragged into the water by a kraken, and a tentacle slammed my sister (a wyrmling gold dragon) into the ceiling.
Meanwhile, back with my team... Tunnel opens. Go in. I am chloroformed by a dragon minion (even with my Fortitude roll of 34. Then again, this is the guy who calculates his spell save DCs with his CASTER LEVEL.), and the warlock (who was in Dark Discorporation mode. Is a swarm of bats. Strength=1. Remember that.) was blown into a glass box by magic wind (the DM was railroading, and thus substituted a Strength check to resist for the normal Fortitude save. See what he did there?). The samurai is dragged down into quicksand by something.
We all wake up in a cell. All our weapons and magic items were confiscated. I had a hangover-like thing for some reason, and even when I made a Heal check on myself and cured it, I lost all my prepared spells. My sister was bound and muzzled and claws filed, but escaped by turning into a rat. Then she turned back into her normal form, but the shackles came to life and grappled her back into her bindings. She started yammering to try to annoy the guards, they used a rod of silence and kept on zapping her or something (no way to resist it, either). Samurai faked a seizure, and dragon in alternate human female form came, left an oversized snake in the cell, said "have a nice death," and left. WE HAD NO WEAPONS, our half-dragon was in another cell, and my sister's nails were filed and mouth muzzled. So I took out my trusty (ignored until now) bag of flour and distracted the snake with it. Meanwhile, the lizardfolk (who tries to act cool, and ends up annoying me a bit... He was our DM once, and still talks like one, and argues with the DM at the time. Sometimes for good reason, sometimes...) and samurai were incessantly saying to stop trying to escape and just go to sleep. WHILE A LARGE SNAKE LEFT BY A PERSON WHO HAD SAID "HAVE A NICE DEATH" WAS ABOUT TO ATTACK US. I facepalmed IRL. They went to sleep, I bored the snake so it left, and eventually we all went to sleep, me last (I AM the smart one...). In the morning, we were released from the cell and told that we would be let go with all our equipment if we could survive three days in a maze, pursued by the minions. We could find our equipment along the way, but use of the Dragonlance I had on loan (long story) was forbidden. They said not to worry about traps, though if we escaped before the three days were up, we'd be hunted down and killed, regardless of what plane we're on. We got half a day's head start. My sister found her shiny staff of wonders (or whatever it was), but set off a laser sensor mesh and raised a random scroll. I was flying about with my Swift Wing skillz (once you've played a flying cleric, you'll never go back), yet somehow set off a pressure pad that opened a hole in the wall, with my holy symbol in it. There was also text in "ancient draconic" that I couldn't understand (even though I'm fluent in Draconic), and some other unknown language. I got a gist that I would need to expend all my turning at the scroll to open it. I took my symbol and did so, then the scroll opened and sucked us all in (no save). Then, apparently, something was trying to enter my mind. I rolled a will, failed, and suddenly it scanned my memories and I saw a young version of me training for adventuring (ask about my past next time). I did get a good remark about how "that's the most handsome illusion I've ever seen," though! That's always a bonus. Anyway, I cast mass resurgence for another save for everyone, but apparently there was nothing to save against... Then we saw a door, took it, and were in a massive cave full of lava. Around here, the DM was out of ideas and tired of our complaints, so our old Lizardfolk DM took over again. And we continued. Needless to say, I let the silver half-dragon borrow the ring of fire command (resist 20 fire, suckas!). Anyway, we found an exit, and our equipment somehow came back. We took it, and were in the middle of nowhere near the encampment of a group of hunters. We got by them with no problems, even getting directions. We then went to a nearby town, forced to pay a 10 gp toll (this campaign is infamous for overcharging for mundane stuff... 5-15 gp for ale, which is normally under 1 gp, if I remember correctly. I'm not the one buying that stuff... My character always drinks a glass of milk and watches the others making fools of themselves. Never drink a drink called a "slammer." Ever. Your character can't possibly have that much of an ego.) to cross the bridge, because the dude needed money for his family. And the town is filled with guards, and the people are all uneasy about said guards.
Now, if you were paying attention to my infamous "wall of text" spell's results, you should see something off about this situation.
1. The whole thing...
2. Remember what happens if we escape?
3. This is probably going to be another side plot that distracts us from what little main plot we have, then leads to another one. I haven't had time to settle down and do that dragonborn Ritual of Rebirth that I've been meaning to do.
4. Are we still on Ysgard, or are we on the Material Plane again? Perhaps I should just cast plane shift and see what happens?
5. I don't think this is normal for a campaign, even around level 17.
6. I'M STILL STUCK PLAYING THE HEALER IN EVERY CAMPAIGN BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL PLAY ONE! Silver DM played a shugenja in an Eberron campaign.

By the way, apparently this is an AU earth, and Silver wants to go through another time portal (He's from about 4000 years before the present in this. He was warped after a kraken battle (AT FIRST LEVEL, ON A SHIP, WITH USELESS NPCS! LIFE OR DEATH!), and then met up with some current time people. Around this time I finally settled on one character (we all had noob character-shuffle syndrome. 2 1/2 of us still do.), my current cleric. Later, on a search for a mind flayer, we went through another portal, leading a few weeks or months (I forget) into the future. Apparently some Solaris schmolaris knights killed off a lot of the metallic dragons because "their evil sensors registered evil." I'm a cleric of BAHAMUT. IRL I'M A MAJOR DRAGON FAN, YOU TROLL! WHAT WILL THIS ACCOMPLISH BESIDES MAKING ME MAD?! THIS SUBPLOT WILL NEVER CONTINUE! Now you die!!!*ahem* Later we went after a vampire (originally a lich, but retconned), who apparently registered as "slightly evil, only as much as anyone else" (WTF? He needs to read the alignment details), and explained that he's not the evil force the questgiver had told us he was. He gave us a fake head to take back, and when we did, the questgiver turned into our nemesis "Scarface" and teleported away.
All this time, we've had two major foes- "Scarface," a nigh-unstoppable high priest of "Baal," but hardly even shows up with illusions or minons, and the infamous "Slippery Steve" (if my spiritual weapon had lasted one more round after that deadly critical, he'd be gone... But we haven't heard from him, so he's probably forgotten by the DMs.).
What story do you see here? This teaches us all some valuable lessons:
1. I am the whiniest D&D player you'll probably ever see when I'm annoyed.
2. Settle on one character, so you don't make new ones and take away valuable wealth.
3. GET A FREAKIN' HEALER!
4. Settle on one DM, preferably one who plans ahead and has a plot, as well as tolerating his job and not quitting.
5. Your first campaign should not last the time this one has (going on two years, no real story, every character is an idiot), and should not make your healer cry himself to sleep (exaggerating) after every session over shattered rules, moronic characters, and discontentment over constantly shifting DM and characters...
6. Listen to your cleric. He's wiser than you think.
7. NO RAILROADING. Ever seen asdf movie? You know what happens upon mention of trains? NO RAILROADING!
8. Please don't mess with your resident dragon nut by killing of half of the good dragons. It'll just make him/her angry and lower his enjoyment of the campaign. Also, don't constantly throw dragons (or those d*mn drakestone golems) at him/her. You'll be seen as a troll, and it accomplishes nothing.
9. If you do this stuff, then your resident smart player (i.e. healer) might rant on Gaia, then copy it into a word processor, notice that he's written three pages of complaint, and wonder why he can't write this easily when he's assigned an essay.

If you've read this far, thanks for putting up with the rant. Please don't let anything like this happen to your group.And no exceptions to the healer rule. Druid is minimum.

Distinct Lunatic

Evilweirdo 0

1. I am the whiniest D&D player you'll probably ever see when I'm annoyed.
2. Settle on one character, so you don't make new ones and take away valuable wealth.
3. GET A FREAKIN' HEALER!
4. Settle on one DM, preferably one who plans ahead and has a plot, as well as tolerating his job and not quitting.
5. Your first campaign should not last the time this one has (going on two years, no real story, every character is an idiot), and should not make your healer cry himself to sleep (exaggerating) after every session over shattered rules, moronic characters, and discontentment over constantly shifting DM and characters...
6. Listen to your cleric. He's wiser than you think.
7. NO RAILROADING. Ever seen asdf movie? You know what happens upon mention of trains? NO RAILROADING!
8. Please don't mess with your resident dragon nut by killing of half of the good dragons. It'll just make him/her angry and lower his enjoyment of the campaign. Also, don't constantly throw dragons (or those d*mn drakestone golems) at him/her. You'll be seen as a troll, and it accomplishes nothing.
9. If you do this stuff, then your resident smart player (i.e. healer) might rant on Gaia, then copy it into a word processor, notice that he's written three pages of complaint, and wonder why he can't write this easily when he's assigned an essay.

If you've read this far, thanks for putting up with the rant. Please don't let anything like this happen to your group.And no exceptions to the healer rule. Druid is minimum.

Bolded which ones I'm talking about,

The character should generally get settled on prior to the campaign. Unless, of course, the entire party turns out to be fighters.
If only more people realized that the pain and responsibility of playing one is important because of the fact that the DM generally plans for there to be a healer.
Bribe the good DM with a few Grimtooth's Traps books, those can be fun just to read through.
Under normal circumstances, I'd love to have a campaign of mine last two or more years. However, I realize your campaign should have ended awhile ago.
Unless he is the one who used Wis for his dump stat.
This, I agree with.
Whyever not? If it is part of the plot, you shouldn't spare them just to appease a player... But then again, I don't know what to make of the goof dragon slaughter. There are worlds and a few campaigns where it is seen as accepted to throw a load of dragons on the party at one point or another. Like, say, when the party unknowingly (or knowingly) stumbles upon the Sacred Mountains of Skilavjikundraull the Savior of Dragonkind. (Hmm, that gives me an idea.)

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Grimtooth's traps?...
WIS DUMP CLERIC?!?!

(What, you expected another 3 pages when copied into Pages rant?)

Distinct Lunatic

Evilweirdo 0
Grimtooth's traps?...
WIS DUMP CLERIC?!?!

(What, you expected another 3 pages when copied into Pages rant?)

The Grimtooth's Traps books are comprised of a collection of traps devised by players and game masters of various games, most of which are cruel, evil, and in regards to the DM, hilarious. It has been said somewhere on this forum that 'a DM with Grimtooth's is a happy and sadistic DM.'
Also somewhere on this forum. He thought that Wis wasn't used for anything.

Probably not, it generally takes some inflamed topic to cause someone too do that.

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
DM: Oh man, it's so funny how your group's weakest fighter is the only one who gets all the good rolls. Ha ha ha... Yeah, I'm gonna have so much fun killing your party.

Me: Hm... I cast magic missile. (I roll enough for a kill-shot, third time in a row)
DM: ...your attack hits and the theives' leader falls. The second in command calls you a freaking b***h and aims for your character with his crossbow.
(later)
Me: (another kill-shot)
DM: From the zombies' mouths come a groan that sounds sort of like "you freaking b***h"...
(later)
Me: I use my amulet to set the altar on fire. : D
DM: Damn it! The altar bursts into flames and the dark priest swears at you, saying, "You're gonna may for that you mother-freaking b***h!"
Me: (I'm annoyed at this point) Could you stop calling me a mother-freaking b***h?
DM: I'm not calling YOU that! That's just what the villains are supposed to call your CHARACTER. Geez, I didn't think you were so sensitive.

DM: (after he wins because our Paladin can't freaking roll over ten to save our party's lives) Okay, so the demon opens his mouth and unleashes a stream of fire, burning all of you alive. Then he roars in triumph, picks up your ashes, and throws you into a muddy ditch, all while laughing his a** off. Thanks for playing.

Dangerous Player

MiaIkumis#1Fan
DM: Oh man, it's so funny how your group's weakest fighter is the only one who gets all the good rolls. Ha ha ha... Yeah, I'm gonna have so much fun killing your party.

Me: Hm... I cast magic missile. (I roll enough for a kill-shot, third time in a row)
DM: ...your attack hits and the theives' leader falls. The second in command calls you a freaking b***h and aims for your character with his crossbow.
(later)
Me: (another kill-shot)
DM: From the zombies' mouths come a groan that sounds sort of like "you freaking b***h"...
(later)
Me: I use my amulet to set the altar on fire. : D
DM: Damn it! The altar bursts into flames and the dark priest swears at you, saying, "You're gonna may for that you mother-freaking b***h!"
Me: (I'm annoyed at this point) Could you stop calling me a mother-freaking b***h?
DM: I'm not calling YOU that! That's just what the villains are supposed to call your CHARACTER. Geez, I didn't think you were so sensitive.

DM: (after he wins because our Paladin can't freaking roll over ten to save our party's lives) Okay, so the demon opens his mouth and unleashes a stream of fire, burning all of you alive. Then he roars in triumph, picks up your ashes, and throws you into a muddy ditch, all while laughing his a** off. Thanks for playing.

what a bad DM, he is not suppose to WIN, the whole point is to create a world for the players... not kill them.
I DMed a game with a group that constantly in-fought. We never got anything done. And when we finally got things done people complained that I made things to hard( I prefer the term realistic). So one day i decided I was going to show them mean.
I made a dungeon based on the movie Cube. Cube is a self contained death pit in which every room looks alike and each surface has a door on it. If you use the sequel: Hypercube you get to add in alternate realities and make your people fight not only the other characters, but themselves, AND people who have already died.
Imagine randomly activated traps with character activated traps.
It came down to everyone had died at least three times, some lost their sanity and many many more bad things. I was apologized for the fighting after that game session. I was also asked to never dm again by a player or two.

So what do my players hate to hear from me? Anytime I mention geometric shapes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff