LIGHT 0.13679245283019 13.7% [ 58 ]
Total Votes:[ 424 ]

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
x Mydia x

Oh clearly, but that wasn't the point of my post. I thought you were saying that Steelswarm and Evilswarm were different archetypes; when I read "hybridization" I think, you know, Hand/Artifact/Traptrix and whatnot. My mistake.

Honestly Steelswarm and Evilswarm as a whole are both pretty bad, granted Evilswarm is obviously the better of the two, but the deck doesn't win because it's inherently "good". It wins because Ophion makes other decks even worse than they are.

...er.

Evilswarm is actually really, REALLY good. Outside of Ophion being an oppressive puta to most decks in the meta right now, here are its benefits:
1. It is the ONLY deck that can open more than 1 Normal and STILL make Rabbit live later in the game while still being consistent (because Infection is incredible).
2. They have one of the best Rank 4 engines in the game, closing in on decks Koa'ki Meiru, Hunders, Gogogos, and 4 Axis pre-nerf.
3. Evilswarm are incredibly hard to side against. Because of Evil not having much to fear, an Evilswarm side deck can end up looking very aggressive. About the only things Evilswarm don't ever want to see is Kaiser Colosseum and Xyz Encore (or Temtempo if you can s**t Rank 3s).
4. Evilswarm have amazing Xyzs. A field of Ophion and Nightmare is so difficult to out, for example. Bahamut isn't anything to sneeze at, and the sheer fact that Exciton is backed up by Pandemic and all the other backrow Evilswarm run is... harsh.

There's a reason Evil is meta while Steel is rogue.

Distinct Genius

Penn Almasy
x Mydia x

Oh clearly, but that wasn't the point of my post. I thought you were saying that Steelswarm and Evilswarm were different archetypes; when I read "hybridization" I think, you know, Hand/Artifact/Traptrix and whatnot. My mistake.

Honestly Steelswarm and Evilswarm as a whole are both pretty bad, granted Evilswarm is obviously the better of the two, but the deck doesn't win because it's inherently "good". It wins because Ophion makes other decks even worse than they are.

...er.

Evilswarm is actually really, REALLY good. Outside of Ophion being an oppressive puta to most decks in the meta right now, here are its benefits:
1. It is the ONLY deck that can open more than 1 Normal and STILL make Rabbit live later in the game while still being consistent (because Infection is incredible).
2. They have one of the best Rank 4 engines in the game, closing in on decks Koa'ki Meiru, Hunders, Gogogos, and 4 Axis pre-nerf.
3. Evilswarm are incredibly hard to side against. Because of Evil not having much to fear, an Evilswarm side deck can end up looking very aggressive. About the only things Evilswarm don't ever want to see is Kaiser Colosseum and Xyz Encore (or Temtempo if you can s**t Rank 3s).
4. Evilswarm have amazing Xyzs. A field of Ophion and Nightmare is so difficult to out, for example. Bahamut isn't anything to sneeze at, and the sheer fact that Exciton is backed up by Pandemic and all the other backrow Evilswarm run is... harsh.

Evilswarms and Steelswarms are two sides of the same coin; both having access to to a mechanic that the other could use. Steelswarm really need Castor and Kerykeion to crank out Normal summons like nobody's business. Evilswarms could use something like Girastag or Moth to deal with some threats. They're split because it would be gross to have an archetype that can just normal summon for days.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Soundwave 2
Evilswarms and Steelswarms are two sides of the same coin; both having access to to a mechanic that the other could use. Steelswarm really need Castor and Kerykeion to crank out Normal summons like nobody's business. Evilswarms could use something like Girastag or Moth to deal with some threats. They're split because it would be gross to have an archetype that can just normal summon for days.I can't really say about Steelswarm aside from "Kerk is really really good", but Evilswarm don't NEED anything from Steelswarm.

Monster removal? Girastag is nice, Moth is okay, but they don't need it. They have their own way of forcing monsters off the board.

>They're split because it would be gross to have an archetype that can just normal summon for days
Neither of them can? Evil has 3 at max (Kerk -> Castor -> dude), and Steel don't have anything of the sort OUTSIDE of Kerk.

Evil and Steel are, effectively, two different archetypes. To compare them like comparing the two Saber generations of the two Flamvell generations is a complete misnomer.

Succubus's Waifu

Eager Receiver

It's really not "good" at all lololol. It wins vs decks where Level 5+ Special Summons are the game plan because it tells them "you can't play YGO". Against decks where Ophion isn't relevant? It's an uphill battle, almost always. The OCG had Evilswarm long before we did and it was never played for a reason, that reason being Ophion did nothing to the top decks at the time. It wasn't until Dragon Rulers and onward that people started paying them any mind. Why? Because Ophion was relevant, but even then there were still answers to it, and the hype died out.

Looking at the current format, the top 4 decks are arguably H.A.T. and it's variants, Satellarknight, Burning Abyss, and Shadoll. Bujin, Madolche, Sylvan, and Geargia variants would be runner ups for most represented, then pretty much everything else. Out of all of those contenders, Ophion is relevant against a whopping two of them (2.5, if you count the Karakuri Geargia builds), and both have main decked outs to Ophion. If built right, YES, it can have better matchups vs decks where sitting on Ophion isn't an option (i.e., main decking Vanity's Emptiness) but that only goes so far, and it isn't far enough. It's not difficult to see why the deck isn't being used, and why it only tops once in a blue moon. It's just simply not very good.

As far as Evilswarm goes in relation to itself, I largely disagree with you - Infestation Infection is far from being one of the best searchers in the game, but it is definitely the one which carries the biggest risk vs reward factor. Being able to put dead cards like Heliotropes and excess Thunderbirds back in the deck to search combo pieces like Castor or Kerykeion is the nuts, but for one it's a Trap and therefore slow, and two it's a Continuous Trap which means it's highly vulnerable to MST/Artifact Ignition/Double Cyclone/Raigeki Break/PWWB/Sanctum into Moralltach and MANY other forms of Chainable removal which will cause the Evilswarm player to eat a nasty -1. The deck doesn't necessarily have one of the strongest Rank 4 "engines" as much as it has one of the strongest Rank 4 CARDS, which is Kerykeion. Other than that, it has a themed Goblindbergh which isn't anything extraordinary. Honestly the BEST non-Ophion/non-Kerykeion standalone cards they have are Thunderbird (absolutely amazing card overall), Pandemic, and the ability to use Exciton Knight with deadly accuracy due the the latter.

The deck is hardly meta, it doesn't have even a fraction of the top cut showings it needs to be considered "meta". It's a meta call at best, and Steelswarm isn't really "rogue"...it's more like nonexistent, lul.

I mean, you don't have to agree with me, you're entitled to your own opinion and whatnot, but the facts don't lie.

(Sorry for the novel. Meant to type a thorough response and ended up writing Moby d**k.)

Mythical Rare

Out of curiosity, what answers do Shaddolls have to Ophion?

I mainly want to know because it completely shut me down yesterday. The best answer I could think of was a set Squamata/Dragon, and preemptive Pandemics rendered those useless.

Succubus's Waifu

Eager Receiver

Willexia Rennar

I mainly want to know because it completely shut me down yesterday. The best answer I could think of was a set Squamata/Dragon, and preemptive Pandemics rendered those useless.

Set Dragon, winrar.

EDIT: OR if you really want to side for it, Set Ryko, winrar. Light for Construct and mills/activates Shadolls. Literally no downside.

EDIT EDIT: Yes, or Set Squamata. I honestly forgot about it's first effect and totally misread what you were saying LOL. Sorry, it's been a long day. - 3-;;

EDIT EDIT EDIT: JESUS CHRIST I SUCK TONIGHT LOL. How exactly did Pandemic, which stops S/T cards, stop your Dragon/Squamata, which are monsters? Sounds like you got cheated. >__>

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Willexia Rennar

Dragon or cards like Ryko, basically.

But he's really easy to read and cards like Skill Prisoner s**t on him completely.

Evilswarm is only as good as two things: 1. the meta itself, and 2. the skill of the player.

Of course Evilswarm won't shine in formats like +1 Fists where Ophion is just a searcher on a body, but right now between Synchros making a comeback and decks like Shadolls being a thing, Evilswarm is as strong as ever. And a well-built Evilswarm makes even decks like Madolche fear them. And Madolche is usually a deck that doesn't give 2 flying shits about Ophion.

And yes, Infection being a S/T means that it can potentially be a -1, but that's the risk of having such a strong searcher. But the same goes for ANY card that can plus really hard like that (just ask Prophecy).

Ophion is relevant even against HAT and decks like it. With Ophion in defense mode and material, there's really not much that can out him properly. Only Castel can oust him.

Distinct Genius

Penn Almasy
Soundwave 2
Evilswarms and Steelswarms are two sides of the same coin; both having access to to a mechanic that the other could use. Steelswarm really need Castor and Kerykeion to crank out Normal summons like nobody's business. Evilswarms could use something like Girastag or Moth to deal with some threats. They're split because it would be gross to have an archetype that can just normal summon for days.
I can't really say about Steelswarm aside from "Kerk is really really good", but Evilswarm don't NEED anything from Steelswarm.

Monster removal? Girastag is nice, Moth is okay, but they don't need it. They have their own way of forcing monsters off the board.

>They're split because it would be gross to have an archetype that can just normal summon for days
Neither of them can? Evil has 3 at max (Kerk -> Castor -> dude), and Steel don't have anything of the sort OUTSIDE of Kerk.

Evil and Steel are, effectively, two different archetypes. To compare them like comparing the two Saber generations of the two Flamvell generations is a complete misnomer. And Castor. Steelswarms can use Castor, don't know why you keep ignoring this.
Also Mandragora is kind of a thing as far as summons go.
If Steelswarms could use Evilswarms as tribute fodder, I would have a play like this: SS Cell, SS Madragora, NS Castor, NS Kerk, Tribute Cell for Gira/Moth, make Ophion. The deck as it is can already summon abunch of monsters in a single turn, provided the use of D.Grepher.

Succubus's Waifu

Eager Receiver

A silly idea I had earlier.

abuseemissary.dek
Monsters - 18
[3] Emissary of the Afterlife
[3] Mathematician
[1] Armageddon Knight
[3] Swift Scarecrow
[3] Battle Fader
[1] Exodia the Forbidden One
[1] Right Arm of the Forbidden One
[1] Left Arm of the Forbidden One
[1] Right Leg of the Forbidden One
[1] Left Leg of the Forbidden One

Spells - 13
[3] Soul Charge
[3] Upstart Goblin
[3] Pot of Duality
[3] Magic Planter
[1] Foolish Burial

Traps - 9
[3] Call of the Haunted
[3] Powerful Rebirth
[3] Spring of Dragon Souls

Extra Deck - 15
[2] Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
[2] Lavalval Chain
[1] Daigusto Emeral
[1] Diamond Dire Wolf
[1] Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
[1] Number 101: Silent Honor ARK
[1] Number 103: Ragnazero
[1] Number 80: Rhapsody in Berserk
[1] Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
[1] Wind-Up Zenmaines
[1] Mechquipped Angineer
[1] Slacker Magician
[1] Ghostrick Dullahan

You literally just spam Emissary over and over for guaranteed limb searches, and Soul Charge can make Lavalval Chain to stack the head to the top of the deck if you don't draw it on your own. Can't make it irl until we have Spring and Powerful Rebirth, but holy s**t this seems hilarious.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
x Mydia x

We now remember why we love you so much Myd.

Your powers of trolling yugioh are far beyond mere mortal comprehension.
Soundwave 2
Inamatus Requiem
Soundwave 2
Inamatus Requiem

After some messing around I found the deck I am next building in real life, if anyone has any steelswarms let me know, screen shot is just so cute.
If I may ask, why the sudden interest in Steelswarms? And what does your build look like?

The first question is answered by it being one of the few archtypes that can beat killer down without wasting masses of resources, not to mention people don't seem to realise the potential profit they have.

I will post my decklist at a later date basically when at my computer.
I've been considering Sting since someone in my thread suggested it, but how has it been working for you?

It's an ok card but it doesn't put the same work that mantis, caller and Kerykeion does,
So I was sorting through my common stuff and found curse of Anubis
I totally forgot about this card and will now run it in my ancient gear deck...it will be glorious

Mythical Rare

Last Rites - Shadow Magic made another solid run tonight, taking 3rd.

ROUND 1: vs. newcomer
Kid barely knew what he was doing, so this isn't a win I can take pride in. To show how new he was, the fact that he dropped from the tournament had zero effect on my tiebreakers.

1-0

ROUND 2: vs. Burning Abyss
Playing against Daniel again, who had remembered some of the mistakes he made last time.

Game 3 came to time, with the score 5500-6600 in his favor at the time. At this point he opted to hide himself behind 2 Dantes and a Waboku to stall out. Well played, friend.

1-1

ROUND 3: vs. Sylvans
Jin's a nice kid for the most part, but he'd insulted my build before the match started, so I wasn't going to show him any mercy.

Game 1: He burns all but 2 cards in his hand to drop an early Felgrand...only to find out I had Hedgehog and Super Polymerization set. Construct drew a quick forfeit.

Game 2: Princessprout fell victim to another Super Polymerization. 3 turns, a Saffira, and a Powered Inzektron later and he gave up the victory.

2-1.

ROUND 3: vs. Lightsworn
Jeff was the only one undefeated at this point...not quite sure how that worked out, but whatever.

Game 1: He drops an early double-dose of Lightray Diablos on me. KERSPLATCH. :[

Game 2: His sided in Shadow-Imprisoning Mirrors prove fruitless against Saffira. Honest powers through on my turns, Effect Veiler shunts him on his.

Game 3: I open with my sided Skill Drain, which works like a cannonball to the nuts on his deck. After I get him down to 1900 LP, he draws an MST, pops Skill Drain, and Big Eyes Saffira while dropping Diabolos. Saffira crushes Manju for the first damage I take that game. Diabolos attempts to run over Powered Inzektron...

Honest ends the tournament with nobody having an undefeated record.

Jeff took 1st due to having the last undefeated record, Robin beat me for 2nd due to tie-breakers, and I took 3rd. Pulled a Shaddoll Fusion for my troubles, so the day was essentially a freebie.

Swung by Arby's on the way home, grabbed a French Dip & Swiss. Couldn't stop myself from having fun at the cashier's expense.

"Uhh, what's this stuff called, anyway?"

"Au jus." (pronounced "Ah-joo" in case you were wondering.)

"Gesundheit."

I never get tired of that joke.

Distinct Genius

I've been doing some remarkable work with Artifacts, my record has been insane.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff