Welcome to Gaia! ::

Manly Girl

epiclevelwarrior
Rockwarrior v2.0
One session they all rolled an elf to avoid me killing them in their sleep. So I lit fire to the camp

Ehh, Elves aren't the way to go in that situation. They should have all been Warforged. Or have just one person play a Warforged and assign them to constantly watch you.
Or if psionics are allowed, elan. They're the same as elves sleep wise and if you roll psion and take a racial feat or two you become very hard to burst for your level.

Or kill the problem. Even good aligned parties do it.

Dangerous Player

Xerkxes
Rockwarrior v2.0

You guys left me in a boat with a guy i did not like. What did you expect to happen?
wouldn't have gone any better the either way given the hostility Cass' had towards you.

but still, that goblin Ninja was one of the worst characters of yours I've encountered, the "best" a*****e character was that fighter of yours, Galen or something like that.
Narcissistic, elitist, in character, didn't piss anyone off out of character, etc.

I was actually kind of sad when you switched to the death-mage.

Yes, Gavin, and truthfully i regret switching. i may bring him back one day.

Phantom

imasckr4_teenage_werewolf
I hate playing magic with someone who always win and shove it in your face or those who like to gang up on you talk2hand Im new to magic and i dont mind if the person im play with is winning all the time. I just hate the fact that they always wanna shove it in your face every frickin time or gang up on you cuz you're new to it xp and brag about how OP their deck is and that your deck sux sweatdrop My friends did that every time we played and at one point I just quit playing for a long time and now just get back to it again. I dont think ppls should do something like that cuz it make the game not fun. I mean I know my deck might not be the best and may be its sux, but I think I can make it work if I try to understand and enjoy it more.

I don't have that problem in the shop I go to luckily.
When someone is arrogant in the shop I play in,
someone in the room whoops him or her in no time.
Problem solved really... not to mention, they get ripped off etc..
If you're a terrible person, you deserve to be treated terribly.

You should maybe get some better friends.
No one likes a gamer with a god complex...

Also, there is no BAD DECK.
There's just trial and error, and you make a deck your own.
Ignore people who say it's table-top, or crap.
My friend had a $25 Red/White Artifact deck, and would
wreck $500 deck's faces with it >> You can't buy skill.

Not even in Magic =x

Welcoming Champion

CodeBlueMtnDew

Not even in Magic =x

Actually, yeah, there are bad decks.
A deck with 60 plains and no other cards, for example, is a bad deck. Unless you have fun playing as a goldfish, that is.

On the non-jerk note, though, really, there are bad decks. There have to be. If there weren't, then there'd be no good decks, either. One of those great philosophical quandaries.

Original Player

9,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
CodeBlueMtnDew

there is no BAD DECK.

You can't buy skill.

Not even in Magic =x

There are BAD DECKs. Can they win? somewhat. Will they always win? nope. No deck remains undefeated, no matter what anyone may say.

From skill to luck to actual deck contents, there is no straight path to victory in a CCG.

Phantom

Liquidor
CodeBlueMtnDew

there is no BAD DECK.

You can't buy skill.

Not even in Magic =x

There are BAD DECKs. Can they win? somewhat. Will they always win? nope. No deck remains undefeated, no matter what anyone may say.

From skill to luck to actual deck contents, there is no straight path to victory in a CCG.

I guess I just don't really find deck making that difficult, and use common sense from over-time play. I forgot how to even make a deck that makes little sense. I'm not saying all my decks are Tier 1's in the making, but I am saying that I find it difficult to intentionally make a bad deck o.o
I mean if you're trying, read the cards, give it a good mana curve and flow, it's not a bad deck.
Sure someone with a Tier 1 deck he/she carbon copied from the last winner of the local tournament may say "Yeah that's a terrible deck and you should be ashamed." but I think at the end of the day,
the person who didn't make a carbon copy of a winning deck has more skill in said situation >>

I guess what I was trying to say is, you shouldn't let people change the way YOU make your deck.
You should just ask them for a little guidance. That's one thing I personally don't like about this forum. You ask for help and 9/10 times people reply with deck lists of obvious mainstream winning decks. New decks don't get created by people following like drones >> Just saying...

Original Player

9,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
CodeBlueMtnDew
Liquidor
CodeBlueMtnDew

there is no BAD DECK.

You can't buy skill.

Not even in Magic =x

I guess I just don't really find deck making that difficult, and use common sense from over-time play. I forgot how to even make a deck that makes little sense. I'm not saying all my decks are Tier 1's in the making, but I am saying that I find it difficult to intentionally make a bad deck o.o
I mean if you're trying, read the cards, give it a good mana curve and flow, it's not a bad deck.
Sure someone with a Tier 1 deck he/she carbon copied from the last winner of the local tournament may say "Yeah that's a terrible deck and you should be ashamed." but I think at the end of the day,
the person who didn't make a carbon copy of a winning deck has more skill in said situation >>

Learned more is what I would say. Skill is more in game / during game situational.

When you build decks haphazardly, you see more of what RD wants players to see. You develop your Limited (ie draft/sealed) skills.
I spent $15 on a deck about three years ago, and it still works well.

Sparkly Noob

5,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
CodeBlueMtnDew
imasckr4_teenage_werewolf
I hate playing magic with someone who always win and shove it in your face or those who like to gang up on you talk2hand Im new to magic and i dont mind if the person im play with is winning all the time. I just hate the fact that they always wanna shove it in your face every frickin time or gang up on you cuz you're new to it xp and brag about how OP their deck is and that your deck sux sweatdrop My friends did that every time we played and at one point I just quit playing for a long time and now just get back to it again. I dont think ppls should do something like that cuz it make the game not fun. I mean I know my deck might not be the best and may be its sux, but I think I can make it work if I try to understand and enjoy it more.

I don't have that problem in the shop I go to luckily.
When someone is arrogant in the shop I play in,
someone in the room whoops him or her in no time.
Problem solved really... not to mention, they get ripped off etc..
If you're a terrible person, you deserve to be treated terribly.

You should maybe get some better friends.
No one likes a gamer with a god complex...

Not even in Magic =x

Thanks you emotion_bigheart I did played with different friends now emotion_yatta

Aged Lunatic

Rockwarrior v2.0
I am not sue if i am a bad person to play with. I mean i tend to team kill a lot. The people i play with have meetings on how they will prevent form team killing the next session.

One person appreciated the way i played because i stayed in character, I roleplayed my part well and even though i killed a major NPC at the start of the session, I stayed in character.

WHo in their right mind would actually want you in a game, though? Seriously? There's going off the rails, and there's outright sabotage, and no group I've ever GM'd for or been in myself suffers the latter gladly or for very long.

Aged Lunatic

Rockwarrior v2.0

Innocent? I have seen them chop down children. And they pick on my character (All the time) One of my friends however does not pick on my characters, and thus i never slay him. Then again he is often on board with me. "Kill the rest."

If you and your friends are this adversarial to your fellow players, wargames may be more your speed, because again, I can't think of a single sane player that would want someone like you in their party.

Aged Lunatic

epiclevelwarrior
Rockwarrior v2.0
One session they all rolled an elf to avoid me killing them in their sleep. So I lit fire to the camp

Ehh, Elves aren't the way to go in that situation. They should have all been Warforged. Or have just one person play a Warforged and assign them to constantly watch you.

Or, you know, punt him out of the group.

Course, I should bring up that anyone who's actually willing to play with a person like Rockwarrior and knows his nature deserves whatever hell he hands them. So no sympy for Rockwarrior's gaming group here.

Dangerous Player

My players are se to me and how I act. As my friend said, he acually liked one of my characters. Our Gm appreciates my roleplaying. (My goblin was by far the worse but i do have characters that work, and I have played another goblin that ot some love, even though he hated it.)

My players much prefer me as teh GM as I am not as much of a nuissance. But when i am a player i like to be annoying.

But i do want to bring back my best character ever and play him again. e just worked and people loved him apparently. (Even if he was neutral evil)

Original Player

9,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Liquidor
"Ooops, My Bad"
This guy showed up at my shop about 7 months ago. Dark Ascension Game Day. Complains about the small turnout, then complains I don't hand out the mat. Handed the mat to the winner at next FNM to drum up interest for next Game Day. Performs a 180. A month or two later, gets into an argument with my opponent when I'm playing him. After the tournament, performs the 180. Avacyn Restored Game Day. Repeat performance. Complains when I don't hand out the mat because there was no tournament run. Magic 2013 Game Day. Repeat performance. I give him the mat this time at the next FNM.
Two weeks ago, gets into an argument when a player spots him not playing a legal deck at a sanctioned event. That player gets a 1-month tournament ban because he goes and complains to the owner of the shop when I tell him I have no authority to throw a player out of the shop. Last week, tried to claim the RtR clock that came with the RtR League package after I ordered it and wasn't at the shop to claim it. Performed the 180 when he 'realized' I hadn't shown up that day.
Trading with this guy has proved just as difficult. Back with the release of M13, I made it clear to all that I was going to build a Battle of Wits deck for our Extended FNMs. Guy said he had one (M13) and wanted certain cards I had pulled out of my 3 boxes. Responded with "None of those I will trade straight across for a Battle of Wits. Let me see your binders." upon which he pulled a huff and puff and walked away. I mean seriously? you carry like 5 binders in a box which looks heavy and you won't let me look at them? Same situation with a Mycosynth Golem he wanted later. Talked with this to a friend who said "yeah that guy likes to rip people off. He knew he couldn't get away with it with you."
Currently he's trying to advertise a Prerelease done at another location (under our name). Technically I have to 'support' it since the owner of the shop has given his OK on it but I will definitely laugh in his face / throw him out of my tournaments if this blows up in his face as I feel it will.

Have currently banned this guy from my events.

So the event location he wanted gets the shaft from WotC. Gets a new location which is closer. I say, "ok, i'll be there to help you set up and everything." Response "if thats the case, then I'm going to drop this and keep my location"

SERIOUSLY?!!! You don't want me at an event I sanctioned for you?!

So yeah, I'm done with him.

Aged Lunatic

Rockwarrior v2.0
My players are se to me and how I act. As my friend said, he acually liked one of my characters. Our Gm appreciates my roleplaying. (My goblin was by far the worse but i do have characters that work, and I have played another goblin that ot some love, even though he hated it.)

My players much prefer me as teh GM as I am not as much of a nuissance. But when i am a player i like to be annoying.

But i do want to bring back my best character ever and play him again. e just worked and people loved him apparently. (Even if he was neutral evil)

Again, if your group knows and still lets you come to their games, then frankly they deserve any and all grief you dole out to them. The lot of you deserve each other.

But yea, my group and most groups, you would be out on your a** and banned within 1 hour.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff