Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
So this is going to be a discusein about different races (Table top) itmay get heated so please don't be rude.

Rules don't take things personal
Explain why you like the race beside's the stat's and explain some thoughts on the race. If you like also mention your least favert race again details and belief on them

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
So my personal favert race if from dnd 3.5 would be the orc. I love their good and how there's a whole class based off it. I think they are the most savage race that can still think and at times be cunning whilst still being strong

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
no nothing ?

Tipsy Loiterer

No, because no matter how you start this it will turn into a flamewar.

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
It's really just a fave fantasy race I dont get the big deal

Gracious Grabber

it's the internet, no one ever agrees on anything here. it is always my x is better than your y, You don;t gree with me therefor you are a stupid poopy head. Any sort of thread that generally sets up such a question in the end always dies or evolves into a flame fiasco.

Most people around here will recognise this as such.

I only came in on the hope we'd be disdussing race board games like Snow Tails or Tortoise and Hare or similar.

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
Dose no one posses the ability to be mature??

Tipsy Loiterer

You're on the internet, what do you think?

Wealthy Raider

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
Honestly I think yes I've seen it done.

Versatile Genius

9,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
But this is Gaia- while yes there are some mature people here, there are an arseload of arses... it's not quite as bad as say /b/, but inevitably someone will drop in with a poorly thought out attempt at dialogue that essentially goes something like "Oh I love x race here, they're better than y race because this, z race because that, and q race because I'm a mary sue..." and bam, thread derailed...

that said, I like Liches... I know, it's a template more so than a race, but hey. It's fun, you have an excuse to try and be the psudo-batman mage builds because you have to be paranoid and hide your phylactery, and you have to be high level because the best liches either specialize up the a**, or thurge in some form...

Right now I'm playing a Lich that just got godhood (in this world he got it via killing a god- that he only killed to make another quest easier on himself xD... I killed Pelor so I could dance through a temple of Pelor and kill them all xD- so I could win favor with a DM made uber deity)

I took Rejuvenation among other things because now even if I lose my phylatory, I come back in 10d10 days unless a higher ranked god kills me xD. Divine Spellcasting because it took me from having just level 10 spells in one of my classes- to having 23 and in one case 24th level spells for all three (Sor/Wiz-Ultimate Magus/Ur Priest, assorted other PrCs)

Dedcadent Pants

Kaim Arouet
No, because no matter how you start this it will turn into a flamewar.

kopateen90
It's really just a fave fantasy race I dont get the big deal

kopateen90

Kaim Arouet
You're on the internet, what do you think?

kopateen90
Honestly I think yes I've seen it done.

Let's look at the thread title.

"table top race war"

stare

What were you saying again?

Captcha: pyrrhic victory whee

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
kopateen90

I try not to drug any rapper's group of friends, even if they make people older.

Aged Lunatic

Hard to explain, but I have a strange affection for the Githyanki. Sort of grimly appreciate how their whole culture is one big middle finger to the rest of existence just because the Mind Flayers enslaved them.

Bashful Browser

Illumians are fun. They're fun mechanically because their sigils let you do various silly things with some effort but they're also interesting fluff wise.

The Cabal setup and the information on the various different types gives a great deal of grist for all sorts of different concepts. I find that section of RoD to be one of the better written pieces race wise in 3.5.

Unbeatable Strategist

Baelnorns..

Call them elves, or call them liches, either way the coin lands..

They gain some of the perks of being a lich, with some different drawbacks (servitude of some form is typically involved in this, or at least, it can be depending on how the coin lands). Their immortality is already inherently divine (in most cases anyway), and only seldom do they need phylacteries to harbor their spirits (so far as physical threat goes, most baels are able to clone/copy themselves, or recreate their own vessels at-will at a location of their choosing).
Add to that the years of lifespan they have as elves, even before they become baelnorns, they can accumulate decades beyond what a human or other would-be species prior to a transformation... The whole, retaining memories, personality, etc etc, just seems to be a too-good-to-be-true type deal. Though as it turns out, it is true..

There are a few drawbacks however.. The matter of transformation is no easy feat, you'd have to be really trusted by the DM to be a successful Bael (or such is my experience), plus the whole "connection to goodness" thing, sometimes it's too flowery and rainbows to be taken seriously. If you can get over that hill though, then why not turn your back on your society and use your immortality to raise demons, or undead to further serve your own agendas.

Once upon a time, I had a lot of fun playing a Baelnorn, his existence predated several centuries of gametime, as well as a handful of the current cast of realm-gods in power (though he was no god himself, he was something more akin to a primordial). I ended up recycling his concept into an unholy figure, in another campaign down the line, after he used his immortality to exploit several contracts with demons, and usurp quite a bit of evil power.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff