Welcome to Gaia! ::

is out very soon 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding
well by monday if the LGS is to be belived this is been worked on by andy chambers (an great game maker/player/tester) who used to work on GW stuff like nercomunder and battle fleet gothic.
i really looking forward to it coming out is any one out there going to be playing?

the boxs contentsinfo on game
with the mini's costing more then GW charges for theres I have to say no I wont be buying any...

*EDIT* Stolen quote:Went to Cold Wars this past weekend where I had an opportunity to play the new SST game. Its a winner. We played a small battle, 20 endless warriors, some tunnels and a Brain bug vrs 14 troopers and a NCO.

The game was easy to learn, and easy to play, but full of details.

Unlike 40K. Your tacts are vital, not your list making, The NCO was there for his leadership, not because hes a badass killing machine.

The reaction system made for some really tense and exciting moments, and yes the Minis are actually very good. I won't go into to much more except that the game is well written, thought the balance seemed to be somewhat in favor of the MI troopers, it was a lot harder for the Bugs than the Troopers. (This was my first opinon, and could be wrong, I played troopers and we won by a lot of points.)

Over all, for its price, the game is an excellent deal, 20 bugs and 16 troopers plus rules. The models are well detailed, easily as good as GWs plastics, and more reasonably priced.

My hope is that they do well, Mongoose seems to be a good company that actually cares about their customers.

(I give it 4 out of five stars)

where review was stolen from.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5664
Lozt_1
with the mini's costing more then GW charges for theres I have to say no I wont be buying any...

right off to find fact be4 starting flame war( for i am teh noob here)

right a boxed set of 10 plastic marines here from GWs UK site is £18

V

a boxed set of Mobile Infantry Cap Troopers coming at £14.99

a big point is that you only get 8 models in the mobile inf box

so they come out about the same

one big thing for me is that i got the money not to worry about the price TO much sweatdrop
blaclite
Lozt_1

right off to find fact be4 starting flame war( for i am teh noob here)

right a boxed set of 10 plastic marines here from GWs UK site is £18

V

a boxed set of Mobile Infantry Cap Troopers coming at £14.99

a big point is that you only get 8 models in the mobile inf box

so they come out about the same

one big thing for me is that i got the money not to worry about the price TO much sweatdrop
Sorry no flames intended... Although you only get 6 bugs instead of 16 comparatively....
blaclite
is out very soon 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding
well by monday if the LGS is to be belived this is been worked on by andy chambers (an great game maker/player/tester) who used to work on GW stuff like nercomunder and battle fleet gothic.
i really looking forward to it coming out is any one out there going to be playing?

the boxs contentsinfo on game

Well atleast it's not Gav Thorpe...Gav is a good rules writer...but I dunno...His stuff just feels...strange...and cheesy
from what i seen on the net they are kind of between the nid warriors and the little guys so ?

and OT damm it lozt_1 gi'me my soul back i need that for work
blaclite
from what i seen on the net they are kind of between the nid warriors and the little guys so ?

and OT damm it lozt_1 gi'me my soul back i need that for work
HAHAHAHA!!! I forgot that was on there...
blaclite
from what i seen on the net they are kind of between
the nid warriors and the little guys so ?

What?
sorry trying to say that i feel the bug warriors dont have a = in the nid's army they are bigger than the hunter killers and smaller than the warriors so dont think the comparsion was fair .

Think the boxed set is to big tho i would of liked to buy the rules on there own. then picked an army this way i going to be stuck with some models that i wont need .
Well this sounds like a much better system of play. A bit more realistic and sci-fi rolled into one. I may get some after all...
First, imo, this game will suck for one reason in particular.
Lack of factions. After the fun times of reliving that cheesy movie wears off, what's going to be left? A game you paid a lot for and for which there's only two factions. Seriously...there's not enough material for them to properly make a Starship Troopers game. There is only 1 other race mentioned in the book, and nothing you can make another faction out of.

Beyond that, I would not shell out that much money for plastic minis.
To further make it worse, ok, the Humans can customize...20 "bugs" that are the same, just can be posed? No thank you.

Besides, I look at the catelog of other products...Mongoose just tosses out a new game for a while and moves to a new one. Looks like long-term support is seriously lacking, and I don't like that.

Conclusion: I won't play it.
Ryll
First, imo, this game will suck for one reason in particular.
Lack of factions. After the fun times of reliving that cheesy movie wears off, what's going to be left? A game you paid a lot for and for which there's only two factions. Seriously...there's not enough material for them to properly make a Starship Troopers game. There is only 1 other race mentioned in the book, and nothing you can make another faction out of.

Beyond that, I would not shell out that much money for plastic minis.
To further make it worse, ok, the Humans can customize...20 "bugs" that are the same, just can be posed? No thank you.

Besides, I look at the catelog of other products...Mongoose just tosses out a new game for a while and moves to a new one. Looks like long-term support is seriously lacking, and I don't like that.

Conclusion: I won't play it.

Indeed, I too am really concerned with the lack of factions.
well there is a 3 faction they will be in the rules and quoted from there site

"Collect armies of the Mobile Infantry, Arachnids and Skinnies (and that is just for starters - there are far more aliens out there in the galaxy!) and compete for the very survival of your species."

they are in a bind youcan not do star ship troopers and not push the mob inf/bugs but only having two major armies (all so beening two armies that are very diff ie lets stand and shoot v lets run at them and cut there tonkers off)is really going to turn peeps off.

I will be buying cos of a huge fan of books/film.
OT- you seen the pics for the concole game looks lots of fun as well
blaclite
well there is a 3 faction they will be in the rules and quoted from there site

"Collect armies of the Mobile Infantry, Arachnids and Skinnies (and that is just for starters - there are far more aliens out there in the galaxy!) and compete for the very survival of your species."

they are in a bind youcan not do star ship troopers and not push the mob inf/bugs but only having two major armies (all so beening two armies that are very diff ie lets stand and shoot v lets run at them and cut there tonkers off)is really going to turn peeps off.

I will be buying cos of a huge fan of books/film.
OT- you seen the pics for the concole game looks lots of fun as well

Thing is though...there's probably copyright limits to what they can and cannot do, depending on what the publisher will allow. There's NOTHING in Starship Troopers to give anything near a depiction of the Skinnies' military. Just tossing in multiple races will be pointless and unrelated to the true Starship Trooper story.
Also the skinnies models are really really really pathetic...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff