Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've never played standard in my life...any ideas? normally I have some sort of outline here but for standard I'm completely clueless...

Bashful Browser

Here's a baseline to start from.

Credit for this build to user Emrakul:

4 Blackcleave Cliffs
4 Dragonskull Summit
9 Mountain
7 Swamp
(24 Land)

4 Bloodcrazed Neonate
3 Vampire Interloper
4 Stromkirk Captain
4 Stromkirk Noble
2 Bloodline Keeper // Lord of Lineage
2 Falkenrath Aristocrat
4 Rakish Heir
(23 Creatures)

4 Tragic Slip
3 Volt Charge
4 Brimstone Volley
(11 Other Spells)

That's a non budget outline.

Regardless of budget, R/B aggro is the deck you'll be building if you want vampires in this standard.

Stromkirk Noble is the big money card. The others (lands, Aristocrat and Bloodline Keeper) can be subbed out for budget options reasonably safely but without Noble you have no 1 drop and you need a strong 1 drop.
epiclevelwarrior
Here's a baseline to start from.

Credit for this build to user Emrakul:

4 Blackcleave Cliffs
4 Dragonskull Summit
9 Mountain
7 Swamp
(24 Land)

4 Bloodcrazed Neonate
3 Vampire Interloper
4 Stromkirk Captain
4 Stromkirk Noble
2 Bloodline Keeper // Lord of Lineage
2 Falkenrath Aristocrat
4 Rakish Heir
(23 Creatures)

4 Tragic Slip
3 Volt Charge
4 Brimstone Volley
(11 Other Spells)

That's a non budget outline.

Regardless of budget, R/B aggro is the deck you'll be building if you want vampires in this standard.

Stromkirk Noble is the big money card. The others (lands, Aristocrat and Bloodline Keeper) can be subbed out for budget options reasonably safely but without Noble you have no 1 drop and you need a strong 1 drop.

Thanks so much! might need to look towards some subs 'cause it's almost a hundred now... sweatdrop

Wealthy Genius

9,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Do vampires absolutely have to be the focus? Because right now, mono-red aggro is far more viable than vampires, and I think it costs less to build as well. As an added bonus, you get to play Shrine of Burning Rage, the best "red" spell in the format. The only real downside is that Stromkirk Noble is the only vampire in the deck.
Of course, depending on prize support, playing the better deck might be better in the long run, as you can convert your winnings into a sweet casual vampire deck with all the goodies from Zendikar.
Then again, if you really just want to win on a budget, Mono blue delver can be built for about $20, and last I checked, it was taking down MTGO dailies left and right.
All this said, if vampires must be the focus, and it must be standard legal, then ELW has the right of it. Just don't expect to do well with vampires if the metagame you're joining is relatively competitive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff