Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Midnight flight 103 partipants, 4 round 4-0s get 18 packs. I lose my last round (Played rakdos vs Jund) The game was dominated by the graveyard manipulating shaman. Couldn't find removal and it slowly just nickled and dimed me out. Flight 2 Selesnia (I only chose it cause the 5 before me chose rakdos and selesnia is the natural foil to the rakdos deck). Lost round 3 to flood. 3-1 for 6 packs. Flight 3. Azorious. 3-0-1 (finals split) 9 packs won. Two more tomorrow lets hope izzet/goglari treat me well (Azorious out performed everything detain is better then it looks on paper)
Rakdos was the most fun Good sized beaters with "downside" unleash just makes you play better magic, who needs to block when your turning your team sideways. Alot. Any stories or sweet opens feel free to post. I walked away with half a box push some shocks a Jace, and a foil detention sphere. This is such a fun format (sealed).

9,850 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Golgari was fun to play - I won 2 rounds out of 5 and walked away with one additional booster -

Best card I got was Deathrite Shaman

Alot of people open Steamvents, Temples, Vraska's and someone got a Foil Jace.

But overall this set will be fun to booster draft next week.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Choose Rakdos. Got Selesnya. Finished 3rd out of 38 players.

Original Trash

35,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
I went 4-0 for the first time ever. I picked Selesnya but my final deck was WGB, Selesnya with a splash of Golgari. I got a Desacration Demon but not once got to cast it. I cast Collective Blessing plenty of times; that was usually my game finisher. I faced off against Rakdos, Azorious and two mostly mirror matches.

And so the top 8, we decided we just wanted to split the winnings and go home because it had been 6 hours (for a 4 round tourney.) One guy didn't want to, and decided to just play through, but he gave us a compromise, saying he'd get the wins and split the winnings like we wanted.

And that's how I went 4-0, got Top 8 and won 11 packs. I don't know what I placed but I'll find out in the morning.

Hardcore Pie-Maker

Played Golgari first. Lost three, Tied one.
Played Rakdos. Lost one, Tied two, Won one.

Clearly you can see what my better guild was.

Got some fantastic cards for my Rakdos deck. Can't wait to bust them out on the official release day. Unf!

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
went 3-2 with rakdos, had fun so it all worked out

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Played Golgari. Got an amazing pull, vraska, 2 abrupt decays(1 foil) and that Golgari shaman. I only got to play 1 round BC it was suppose to start at 3 but didnt start until 430, 2nd round didnt start until 630 and I had to be somewhere at 8 so sadly I wasnt able to continue

Mythical Rare

Gave Azorius a run, abusing the detain ability and other lockdown effects.

Round 1: vs. Rakdos/Izzet. 0-2 due to mana screwing limiting my plays, burn effects killing everything I brought out. Bah.

Round 2: vs. Golgari. First game, put an utter hammerlock on him until Archon came out and dealt with his 2 reach-enabled creatures, allowing my pegasi, spirits, and Archon to rush for the win.
Second game, Concordian Pegasus + multiple "+1/+1 per Enchantment" auras + Detention Sphere left me with a big fraggin' pony, Sphere of Safety left him unable to mount a counter-offensive. Generated a Bird token at one point, couldn't find anything typical to use, opted for my cell phone. Cell phone dealt finishing blow. Many laughs were had.

Round 3: vs. Selesnya/Golgari. First game went similar to round 2's second game, including the 1/1 Bird cell phone token's appearance and game-ending blow.
Second game, early Desecration Demon left me scrambling for ways to deal with it. Multiple detainments held it off long enough to Detention Sphere it, but he managed to get rid of that. Lost shortly thereafter.
Third game, opened with no land, then 2 mulligans in a row without land. Told my opponent, "If this last try has no land, I'm scooping and dropping."
Archon of the Magistrate, Detention Sphere, Azor's Elocutors, Azorius Keyrune.

Ka-scoop, ka-drop. Went to get prize pack for showing up, pulled Hallowed Fountain.

Tipsy Loiterer

First sealed went Izzet, terrible mistake. Second sealed went Selesnya, went 4-1. Drafted GWu beats, went 5-0. Green is pretty tough to beat, 3 mana 3/3's do work in this format.
i didn't do too well in the matches themselves but i walked out with two detention spheres, two U/W shock lands, and that new uncounterable day of judgement. I'd say it was a good day.

Mythical Rare

I was hoping Izzet would be more popular, to be honest...it would have made the Sulfur Falls I've had for a while and the Izzet Guildgate I pulled today more valuable as far as trade fodder goes.
Grouchu
I went 4-0 for the first time ever. I picked Selesnya but my final deck was WGB, Selesnya with a splash of Golgari. I got a Desacration Demon but not once got to cast it. I cast Collective Blessing plenty of times; that was usually my game finisher. I faced off against Rakdos, Azorious and two mostly mirror matches.

And so the top 8, we decided we just wanted to split the winnings and go home because it had been 6 hours (for a 4 round tourney.) One guy didn't want to, and decided to just play through, but he gave us a compromise, saying he'd get the wins and split the winnings like we wanted.

And that's how I went 4-0, got Top 8 and won 11 packs. I don't know what I placed but I'll find out in the morning.

Sweet job on the win!! I also went Selesnya with a splash of Golgari mainly because I had pack rat and two pairs of Stab wounds and Golgari gates. Unfortunately, I scored 3-1. crying
FurryTyrant
Played Golgari. Got an amazing pull, vraska, 2 abrupt decays(1 foil) and that Golgari shaman. I only got to play 1 round BC it was suppose to start at 3 but didnt start until 430, 2nd round didnt start until 630 and I had to be somewhere at 8 so sadly I wasnt able to continue

vraska?!!??! not bad... 3nodding

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
Went with Izzet as my guild... and I got lucky as hell with my box and packs

Pulled the new Niv and a cyclonic rift in the guild pack, almost lost my s**t....

Guild Pack Rare: Cyclonic Rift, Niv Mizzet Dracogenius, Promo Hypersonic Dragon
Pack 1 Rare: Nivmagus Elemental
Pack 2 Rare: Rakdos, Lord of Riots
Pack 3 Rare: Wayfaring Temple
Pack 4 Rare: Cyclonic Rift
Pack 5 Rare: Archon of the Triumverate

Having pulled Niv, Rakdos, and a vast amount of accompanying rakdos and izzet guild cards, I ran a Grixis Aggro/Control type deck.

Nivix Guildmages to copy my auger spikes and a lot of rushing, cancels to stop spells, lots of burns and rushing power.....

We went 6 rounds and everything was legendary for me.

Round 1: 2-0 me
Round 2: 2-0 me
Round 3: 2-0 me
Round 4: 2-0 me
Round 5: 2-0 me
Round 6: 0-2 opponent

I was beaten out by a Selesnya player who pulled his guild leader and a world spine wurm. He had so many tokens, I couldnt counter or kill them all fast enough.

in the end I won a box for second...pulled 2 Vraskas ^.^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces