Welcome to Gaia! ::

Draco18s
Technomagus
Draco18s
Technomagus
Actually, I just posted how to get a third-turn win using the Jinryuseki a little bit back. You don't specify five "Different" guardians, just five. So let the Legend Rule do it's work and suddenly you have a hasty 12-power flying doublestriker on turn 3 ready to win the game before your opponent can do anything.

Remember, just because something is incredibly powerful in the source material doesn't mean it has to be so for it's representation. Look at Toshiro Umezawa from Magic. Toshi is incredibly powerful, and damn near invincible in the books. He's a 2/2 Bushido 1 for 3 in the card game. Hardly an invincible fighter.

Actually I never read the books. I've been told that Kamigawa is well written, but I'm a cheap a$$ ba$t*rd, so I tend not to buy too many books.
As for the point, it is a good point. I may take that into mind (as well as the "Their powers are done as other cards" wink and pull Shinryuu's abilies off onto enchant creautures or instants.
I will proably also break down his "immunites" to a weaker version I thought of a few minutes ago.
"Pro WUBRGA singularly, multi-color cards are not effected by this."
Which makes Seal Away (a UW card) much more true to the show, as the picture shows the Jinryuuseki and the Jinryuusekidoes hold Shinryuu.

Quote:
I can see you put a lot of effort into the cards, that's good, but you need to think of the bigger picture. "How do these cards interact with each other?" "How do these cards interact with older cards?" "Are there any combinations that let a player win before the fourth turn?"

Ah...I thank you for pointing that out (about the names). I know I didn't put color names on the cards as they didn't fit (the mana cost overlapped on it). As for changing the card, I may not be able to do much (not much space left before the text becomes illegible). Ah, tis works:
"Search your graveyard, library, and hand for five different colored cards named The Guardian of the Shrine."
And they aren't Legendary to each other (i.e. other colors), even though they do have the same name. I'll be adding that to them.
On interacting with older cards....well....I've been around since only Darksteel, so there's a limit on how much I can do. That and I'm not good at seeing potential combos. ^^;;

Rather than put a whole bunch of clunky rules text, why not just call them "Guardian of the <color> Shrine"

Well, it's only ONE shrine. I think I turned the shine itself into a card....

Quote:
and then change the Jinryuseki to read "Search your Hand, Library, and Graveyard for five different Legendary Dragon Guadrian cards and put them into play." Of course, you still run into the problem that the Jinryuseki costs TWO, and lets you put around THIRTY MANA worth of flying death into play with no drawback....
Ah, yes, Shrine of Shishinryuu, card number 132.
Pic:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's a very dark picture, but you can see four statues in it fairly clearly. They turn into the four guardians (The green one I made up as to have one for every color).

To be honest, I'd scrap the whole "summoning Shinryuu" thing entirely and split up his power into multiple cards like I originally suggested.

*Nods*
that just means I need to ressurect my desktop (VERY long story, about 20 days until the 1 year aniversary of it's death; it deep fat fried its CPU late last May) or find and download all the episodes again so I can aquire pictures for the new cards.
*Pokes Shareaza* I'm trying to get ep. 38 as I type, but no frigging sources!

Bittorrent much?
I'm lost now

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas