Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Loiterer

Because of this thread, I wrote rape on every copy of this card I could get my hands on

Eloquent Streaker

It looks less like a rape scene, and more like Garruk about to punch Liliana's head into a pile of mush.

Greedy Grabber

Requiem in Mortis
It looks less like a rape scene, and more like Garruk about to punch Liliana's head into a pile of mush.
Which is odd isn't it? The card clearly threatens death and no one bats an eye, but the slightest inclination of rape and it's like "Brutal murder is fine but HEYHEYHEY RAPE: THATS NOT COOL MAN"

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Indeed, a false rape accusation will stir up more people then a premeditated murder would. Nice PC world we live.
nukeman8000
So, There is a new card called Triumph of Ferocity.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
According to some, this card depicts an overt rape scenario.
So i am making this thread to get people's opinions on this controversy, and to see what they think the art shows.

I don't see how this card could be confused with showing a rape scenario. He looks like he's about to deliver a killing blow, even without knowing the context of this I wouldn't jump to the conclusion "Oh look this guy with the balled up fist and spike on his gauntlet thing looks like he's going to rape this poor woman."

Of course, knowing the context I realize that said 'poor woman' also isn't a poor woman and is in fact quite powerful. As well as knowing that the reason he's about to deliver a killing blow would be because she put a curse on him and if she wouldn't remove it herself, well, he'd have to try to get rid of it somehow and just like in the game one of the best ways to do so is to kill whoever put it on you! biggrin (But seriously Garruk, why not just cast a naturalize to remove the enchantment? gawsh.)

Kaim Arouet
Because of this thread, I wrote rape on every copy of this card I could get my hands on

Because of this post, i almost peed myself laughing.
+1000 internets to you good sir

Dangerous Lunatic

4,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
I could swear people complain about stuff like that just to get attention. Have they nothing better to do then look for things to be offended by.

Although, some weird way, it'd be kinda cool if they like pulled the card from print and printed it with some other art so the old "Rape Art" got all expensive and rare.

AND you could be like "Any of you guys got the rape Triumph Of Ferocity?" That'd be fun.

Romantic Millionaire

8,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
I honestly think the whole thing is ridiculous and will blow over soon.

Unbeatable Survivor

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
Maybe I'm just Naive, but I'm pretty sure pointing a bladed hand weapon at someone your holding down is telegraphing murder, not rape.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games