Welcome to Gaia! ::

Space Pilot

Hi. I'm playing a level 5 neutral good Gnoll Fighter with exceptionally good scores in all categories. I was wondering how a Gnoll of my intelligence score, wisdom and charisma would be percieved, and what physical appearence he'd have.
Check this one out.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Even being smarter than regular gnolls, It's likely that your character would still show the "raw" and fierce traits of a gnoll. Just a bit wiser-looking, instead of savage.

Space Pilot

I see. Thanks.
Hmmmmmmmm i like the Flints better they are much more evolved version of the Gnoll
Roleplaying a creature character is gonna be kinda weird anyway, because for a lot of them their societies are both very different, and very not elaborated on. Unless you want to be one of the Really Popular Races, like gith, or orc, or illithid, or centaur. God help you if you want to be, say, a dust mephit.

That and everyone probably is going to hate you just because you're kinda fuzzy.
A neutral good gnoll with good int? Wow, how'd that happen?

My disbelief aside, your gnoll would be viewed by most as just another gnoll. If, however, you have some nice, shiny paladin armor to set you apart from other gnolls, you would probably generate a sense of confusion from most people. If you instead chose to wear less blatantly holy-looking armor, people might expect you to be some sort of a gnoll warlord (which will usually hurt more than help).

Among gnolls who don't know you, you are likely to be judged based on your clothing as well. Gnolls may be a little more accepting than humans though, and assume that your holy armor was simply scavenged off a defeated paladin. Clothing with an evil or neutral appearance will likely awe most gnolls.

Your good alignment is a problem among most gnolls, however, as once they find how far your ideals differ from theirs, their reaction may be anything from discomfort and disgust to a physical attack against you.

Among humans and similar races, your good alignment certainly helps once someone knows you. You are likely to be considered a little untrustworthy by some, but it probably won't be enough for someone who knows your true nature to attack you.

Races and communities that absolutely hate gnolls are likely to be even more skeptical about you than humans, but with work you should eventually be able to prove yourself to them.

As for your character personally, just keep in mind that being a good gnoll still means you're a gnoll. Your savage nature and hunger is likely to manifest itself in some way (though not necessarily an evil one).

Magical Lunatic

How did you get a good Int score with a gnoll? Last I checked they have a -4 penalty on Int and another big penalty on Charisma(forgetting the exact number). Did your GM just say you get automatic 18's for all your scores or something?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff