Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
'Ello, I've just recently been intrigued by the concept of the Pokemon TCG and while I am pretty confident with the rules I did have a question or two, mainly one question in particular, which is this:

Pokemon-EX cards. I know they don't have the same name as their normal Pokemon counterparts, but can they evolve from normal Pokemon or does the basic/stage 1 Pokemon need to also be an EX. I know on my Charizard EX it just says "evolves from Charmeleon" so I was really wondering this before I put together my deck. I know that an Ex cannot evolve into an normal Pokemon, I just need the clarity here on the other way around, and I'd greatly appreciate any rulings that might also be controversial or difficult to understand.

Thanks a bunch!

A Friendly Gaian,

Shimizu D. Kazuma

Interesting Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Enduring Hunter

Duelist Shimizu
'Ello, I've just recently been intrigued by the concept of the Pokemon TCG and while I am pretty confident with the rules I did have a question or two, mainly one question in particular, which is this:

Pokemon-EX cards. I know they don't have the same name as their normal Pokemon counterparts, but can they evolve from normal Pokemon or does the basic/stage 1 Pokemon need to also be an EX. I know on my Charizard EX it just says "evolves from Charmeleon" so I was really wondering this before I put together my deck. I know that an Ex cannot evolve into an normal Pokemon, I just need the clarity here on the other way around, and I'd greatly appreciate any rulings that might also be controversial or difficult to understand.

Thanks a bunch!

A Friendly Gaian,

Shimizu D. Kazuma

Their are no currently no basic Pokemon that evolve that are EX's. If it says evolves from Charmeleon, then that's what you need. The only other difference in evolving is if the Pokemon is a dark stage two in past Team Rocket, or Team Aqua/Magma Pokemon in Team Aqua/Magma sets.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff