Welcome to Gaia! ::

So my little brother who is turning 12 around Christmas is a fan of the Pokemon TCG. He's not a big player, just a typical kid. He has a few starter decks that he plays with. While I really would prefer to convert him to playing Magic, as his big sister I'm obligated to give him a present he wants, not what I want. So that's Pokemon. But I don't really know about it so I don't know what to get him. All I know is that I probably want to get him one of those ones with a little figurine inside. Any suggestions?
If nothing else, if you can find out which decks he has, maybe get one that is either completely different, or might go mesh well with one of them?

Amateur Prophet

Don't they make "fat packs" for Pokemon like they do for Magic? Might be a nice safe pick.

If you can afford it, it would be a fun idea to get him a base Pokemon gift and then pick up a Magic VS deck for both of you to try and get him into that.

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
Just get him one with a figure inside? they have all kinds of products though.. the elite trainer (fat packs) look really cool though
Sliver Queen
If nothing else, if you can find out which decks he has, maybe get one that is either completely different, or might go mesh well with one of them?

That would require me to know something significant about Pokemon. Which I don't. Context clues.

TheDiceman
Don't they make "fat packs" for Pokemon like they do for Magic? Might be a nice safe pick.

If you can afford it, it would be a fun idea to get him a base Pokemon gift and then pick up a Magic VS deck for both of you to try and get him into that.

Why wait for Christmas? 3nodding I'm going to try to get him into Magic before then. And then I'm psycho enough to try to use my big sister influence to convince him and train him to be a judge as soon as he comes of age in a little over 2 years. My evil plans are perfect, yes?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

I'd say the easiest way to appease would simply pick up 2 pokemon precons. Pokemons strait forward so you can learn to play that and then coax him into playing magic when its slightly more age appropriate.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff