Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you play Warhammer 2 win or for fun?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 18, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Hi all,
my bro has been nagging that I only play to win and that I dont play for fun.... And Ive been wondering eversince. How do you play for fun?
I mean hes says Im always buzy working on strategies and countering everything in advance, he says you should just field the stuff you like etc.
(i do field the stuff I like btw) Does anybody know how 2 play for fun? and do you play for fun or 2 win?
Help me out guys!
In the end, strategies aren't foolproof. The way I see it, they're just ways to stack the odds in you favor.

Strategizing, however, is all part of the game. Sometimes, playing for fun is the same as playing to win.

In some cases, however, they differ.

For instance: I play Daemonhunters. If I wanted to play to win, I'd probably end up using a lot of Grey Knights. However, instead, I use a Radical Inquisitor and Daemonhosts because I think they're more fun and interesting, with cooler fluff.

Stuff like that.
Thx for the tip and yeah whole armies of grey knights will definately slaughter my IG. hahaha

Have you ever met one of those players who goes for minimal core troops and loads of better stuff (min/maxing I think) Im not even like that (usually have around 70 infantry men for core troops) and still he keeps nagging....

I do have a very fun match coming up!
Tyranids (with some of the new rules we heard, respawning troops and uninstakillable synaps creatures, vs and IG veterans of the lostok 23rd army blaugh (WD303), should be fun and bloody!
I play 'nids in 40k... and I have a s**t ton of fun whenever I play. Funny thing though: I only play in tournys, where I should play to win.
When I play I usually only field troops... I hardly ever use anything else.
Spinegaunts
Termagaunts
Hormagaunts
Genestealers
and sometimes Ripper Swarms
I lose alot... but I don't care... If I win I don't care... I don't care how I lost... and how to fix it... It's a game, made for fun.
http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm
http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart2.htm
http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart3.htm
http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinExample.htm

Have your friend read these

Edit: While they are for video games, the concepts apply to any compedative game such as warhammer. I actually recommend everyone read them, they are brilliantly written.

Another way to play to win:

Me: *sets up my army*
Other Guy: *sets up his army*
Me: *looks at his army* .....
Other Guy: *looks at me*
Me: *grabs a hammer and smashes all his figures* I win.
Genshiro

In some places that will also get you shot.
But who cares? You WON!
Xeviq
Genshiro

But who cares? You WON!

Exactly! And when you play to win, that's all that matters!

... Of course, if some asshat did that to me, I'd make it abundantly clear that he loses at life by cutting off his balls with a rusty butterknife and making him wear his scrotum as a pair of goggles...
It depends on what army you're playing. When I play for fun with my Tyranids I just set up a bunch of Biovores and spray all sorts of Spore Mines around. It leads to some fun stuff to see if they avoid them all.

Orcs used to have a troop called Mad Boyz or something like that, everything they did was based on a die roll. One round they'd be figting, the next round they'd be so impressed with something someone did on the other team, stop battle, go over and shake his hand. It was fun to see what they did.
Willy
It depends on what army you're playing. When I play for fun with my Tyranids I just set up a bunch of Biovores and spray all sorts of Spore Mines around. It leads to some fun stuff to see if they avoid them all.

Orcs used to have a troop called Mad Boyz or something like that, everything they did was based on a die roll. One round they'd be figting, the next round they'd be so impressed with something someone did on the other team, stop battle, go over and shake his hand. It was fun to see what they did.

Yeah, that's kind of why I like the Daemonhosts. They're so... Unpredictable, and cool!

Basically, I just keep them behind the rest of my army to let their powers fizzle semi-harmlessly and wait for a roll of 3 to make them teleport.

When I get it, I make them teleport into enemy lines and charge... And who knows what'll happen after that? Much craziness to ensue, especially if I have 3 of 'em!
Xeviq
But who cares? You WON!

No, actually, you got disqualified, and sued sweatdrop
Genshiro
Willy

Yeah, that's kind of why I like the Daemonhosts. They're so... Unpredictable, and cool!

Basically, I just keep them behind the rest of my army to let their powers fizzle semi-harmlessly and wait for a roll of 3 to make them teleport.

When I get it, I make them teleport into enemy lines and charge... And who knows what'll happen after that? Much craziness to ensue, especially if I have 3 of 'em!
There was a guy at my last session that said he was going to bring his Harlequin next time and see how long it could survive against a Tau, Witch Hunter and my 'Nid army.
Threx
Xeviq
But who cares? You WON!

Actually I would shoot him in the leg or arm. Then claim emotional distress. Caused from 10 of thousands of man hours put into the construction and painting of the little igures he ruined. I would argue sentimental and emotional closeness and the idea he was going to hit me with the hammer and at most get dischargeing a fire arm and battery charges brought against me... But at least i got my revenge for my army...
Lozt_1
Threx
Xeviq
But who cares? You WON!

Actually I would shoot him in the leg or arm. Then claim emotional distress. Caused from 10 of thousands of man hours put into the construction and painting of the little igures he ruined. I would argue sentimental and emotional closeness and the idea he was going to hit me with the hammer and at most get dischargeing a fire arm and battery charges brought against me... But at least i got my revenge for my army...

Hell, you could plead insanity. After such a traumatizing event, how're you supposed to know right from wrong? eek
Genshiro
Lozt_1
Threx
Xeviq
But who cares? You WON!

Hell, you could plead insanity. After such a traumatizing event, how're you supposed to know right from wrong? eek
Very true. Especially if you have a mostly pewter army thats almost 10$ per figure in some cases...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff