Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Cultist

User Image

A PATHFINDER GROUP SEARCH
User Image

Hi there, the name's Beaver Illuminate, though you may call me Beaver, Beaves, Kaw or just about anything you can think up. I'm looking for a party for a Pathfinder role playing campaign idea I have. I will use this thread to recruit as well as discuss the game up to we start. Below, there are a few guidelines as well as information:

XXXXXXXXXRULES AND GUIDELINES:

● We will be using Roll20.net to play out battles and show rolls.
                                    ● We will be starting at first level
                                    ● All core races available.
                                    ● We will use 20 point buy for abilities
                                    ● All core and base classes are allowed, except Summoner and Gunslinger.
                                    ● The Campaign is Neutral Good Aligned, menaing only the Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good and Neutral alignments are allowed.
                                    ● Only four characters will be accepted.
                                    ● To partake in the campaign, fill out the character sign up sheet. Depending on your background, you will be given skill bonuses or additional class skills to portray your background.
                                    ● As the GM, I make the rules, both here and in the actual game.
                                    ● There will be no set "play date" for this game, as it stresses me out. Instead, we will discuss after each session on a good time to hold the next. Therefore, flexibility is needed.
                                    ● I would like players to be able to really put effort into their characters, as I would like the campaign to be role playing heavy.
                                    ● More rules may be added, so check back every so often.
                                    ● New players welcome! :3

XXXXXXXXXRELEVANT INFORMATION:

The campaign takes place in the Kingdom of Daarun, which has long been fighting strange creatures known as Umbrae (Singular Umbra), which feast on human flesh. while they seem to act on instincts, much like a wild animal, they are threatening the peace and safety of the Kingdom.

The Umbrae first appeared in the northern parts of the Kingdom, which lost many villages to the fiends before a counter-attack was made. Even to this day, however, the northern reaches are known to be Umbra domain, a place few people dare to enter. A large wall fortress was made between these blighted lands and the rest of the kingdom, in hopes of keeping out the creatures.

This wall, named Throlgar's wall, in honor of the dwarven king who presented rock and manpower to the king so the wall could be built, stretches from one end of the kingdom to the other, and while it keeps out the larger bulk of the Umbrae stalking the north, some still exist on the other side of the wall.

The characters are a group of people working for an Adventurer's Guild situated in the royal city of Kestral, named Orra's Legion. Recently they have been called to one of the king's southern outposts to help deal with what is believed to be an Umbra related problem. This is where the story begins...

XXXXXXXXXCHARACTERS:

● Lythril Rhuvial, Half-elf Rogue.
                                    ● ---
                                    ● ---
                                    ● ---

XXXXXXXXXSIGN UP SKELETON:

[imgright]CHARACTER IMAGE HERE[/imgright]
                                    [b]Name:[/b] Here
                                    [b]Race:[/b] Here
                                    [b]Class:[/b] Here
                                    [b]Alignment:[/b] Here

[b]Childhood:[/b]
                                    1+ paragraph here.

[b]Adolescence:[/b]
                                    1+ paragraph here.

[b]Adulthood:[/b]
                                    1+ paragraph here.

Demonic Hunter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Name: Lythril Rhuvial
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Rogue
Alignment: True Neutral

Childhood:
The son of Lyion Rhuvial, a Elven General in the army, and Maia Evans, an adventurer, and as a result, the only half elf in his home town. As usual, being different lead to him being bullied, a fact compounded by the fact he did not speak outside the family home, and his behavior generally reading as odd. The bullying aside, he had a good childhood, with both his parent's being affectionate towards him, with his Father being especially so when he was home, rather than elsewhere to take care of his duties in the army. He learned to read early, and spent most of his time either doing so, or learning the tricks of the trade from his parents.

Adolescence:
Of course, being as the town was further to the north, it should have been less a surprise than it was when the Umbrae began to make attacks on the village. These attacks were smaller at first, and easily repelled, but grew in size and frequency. Lyion Rhuvial was called to come to the capital, and reluctantly, Lythril's father obeyed, leaving his wife and son at the town. The raids worsened, and eventually in the wake of the largest raid so far, found the townsfolk burying a large portion of the population, Lythril's mother amongst them. In the following days, the rest of the village fled as the attacks worsened still, Lythril not among them. He found himself alone among the Umbrae, and began to scrap out a living in the hollowed out bones of the village. It was easy for him to adjust to living alone, living off what he could forage and hunt from the surroundings, and collecting a variety of goods such as books from the houses.

Adulthood:
Despite the fact he found it easy to live there, he still grew bored of the monotony of the lifestyle- evading and killing Umbrae, hunting what animals dared linger, and foraging and later growing his own plant based foods. The only time there was 'excitement' of any when off-kilter humanoids of some kinds-human, elf, or otherwise- attempted to live in the village, which inevitably lead to conflict between the two of them, with Lythril generally either chasing them off, or, more often, killing them. Eventually, a caravan with goods for Orre's Legion passed by, and Lythril managed to make a deal to get to Kestral, in exchange for joining the guild.
Are there still slots open?

Devoted Cultist

Magic Slinger

As is says both in the topic and in the first post, we still have 3 spots :3

Dapper Capitalist

3,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I've been interested in getting into these kinds of things but I'm very new and still trying to learn. Sadly I don't know people in my area who dig the same stuff.

Devoted Cultist

If you're interested, write up a background, I don't mind new players :3
I'm a Pathfinder Vet and was wondering what your take on item creation was? I have an idea for a NG Human Universalist that specializes in item creation and utility spells, but i know the IC rules are a bit wobbly. What's your take on it?
I'm looking around for games that will allow me to play either a gunslinger (which I already read you're not into) or to test my new homebrew remake of the Paladin, converting him to a Dragon Age style Templar.
here is where you can read it in detail.
I want to try running it with a Half-Giant which is also something a little different.

I'll understand if you don't want to allow this at all, but it's worth asking if you would let me try it.
Tabasco Jones
I'm looking around for games that will allow me to play either a gunslinger (which I already read you're not into) or to test my new homebrew remake of the Paladin, converting him to a Dragon Age style Templar.
here is where you can read it in detail.
I want to try running it with a Half-Giant which is also something a little different.

I'll understand if you don't want to allow this at all, but it's worth asking if you would let me try it.

I am also willing to add to this list...

The New Brawler Advanced class

or a Gunslinger

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas