Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Trader

23,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Super Tipsy 200
Jin_of_the_thunder
this whole deck build vs skill thing is ridicules. building a good deck is part of the game. how do you define skill exactly?

Good question. Good skill means having good timing and precision in everything you do with your deck. It doesn't have anything to do with the cards it's the player quite honestly. Anyone can use any deck let it be 1 straight type of deck or a hybrid. If you don't know how to use it and or have the skills to weild it you are SOL. To be honest it takes more skill to use a hybrid then to use a straight type of deck. Why...? Because you are using 2 or more types of decks in 1 deck with different strategies combind to make 1 strategy. SO saying that using a hybrid deck uses 0 strategy is not accurate. If you don't have the skills to use a hybrid deck then I suggest sticking with your 1 trick pony decks. Sorry I use a s**t ton of decks of many different varieties. Let they be 1 trick ponies like a basic Wind deck or Mermail deck or hybrids like my Lightsworn Ruler deck or Cyber Machina deck. I only use so many decks cause I do tournaments everywhere including big ones. So I like a lil change up here and there. For instants I did the World Championships and I used my Lightsworn Rulers.

Learned Tycoon

Have you ever thought of trying any of the Hidden Arsenal decks? (not evilswarm...I hate evilswarm...) Gustos, Gishki, Gem-Knight, or Laval?

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ryota_92
Queen Wonderland
Okay I need a new deck theme for yugioh, but i will list the deck I use so you know which ones not to suggest.
Naturia, Gravekeepers, skull servants, "End of the world/demise, cloudian, volcanic, Evil hero's, Destiny hero's.

Now a few thing about me. I do not care for, or will use "hybrid decks" I rather win with my skill then confuse deck build for skill. SO yes i know I will get hate for this but I don't think hybrid deck are fun to sue or duel with. And don't always take much skill to run or use.

So any fun theme deck's you can think of will help, if not I'll find one myself. and test it later on duelingnetwork

How about fire fist 3.5 or 4 axis. I run it and i got to sayits pretty awesome!!

4 axis is okay but literally everything in this meta floats or doesn't die to Bear.

3 axis dies WAY TOO HARD to Exciton. Before, they were decent.
Queen Wonderland
Okay I need a new deck theme for yugioh, but i will list the deck I use so you know which ones not to suggest.
Naturia, Gravekeepers, skull servants, "End of the world/demise, cloudian, volcanic, Evil hero's, Destiny hero's.

Now a few thing about me. I do not care for, or will use "hybrid decks" I rather win with my skill then confuse deck build for skill. SO yes i know I will get hate for this but I don't think hybrid deck are fun to sue or duel with. And don't always take much skill to run or use.

So any fun theme deck's you can think of will help, if not I'll find one myself. and test it later on duelingnetwork

How about fire fist 3.5 or 4 axis. I run it and i got to sayits pretty awesome!!

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Jupiter Star Warrior
I don't know what's meta anyway. Ah well. I'd like to build a deck with the Egyptian God Cards myself. That seems like fun to play. "I sacrifice these three monsters to bring out THE WINGED DRAGON OF RA! Great beast of the sky, please hear my cry. Transform thyself from orb of light and bring me victory in this fight. Envelop the desert with your glow and cast your rage upon my foe. Unlock your powers deep within so that together we may win. Appear in this Shadow Game as I call your name, Winged Dragon of Ra!" Hee hee hee. Admit it. That sounds like fun to do.
But Ra is literally the worst of the three god cards RN. Slifer is actually the best one currently.

That said, the meta current consists of nutellas, puppets, dante.dek, and hats.

Agile Paladin

I don't know what's meta anyway. Ah well. I'd like to build a deck with the Egyptian God Cards myself. That seems like fun to play. "I sacrifice these three monsters to bring out THE WINGED DRAGON OF RA! Great beast of the sky, please hear my cry. Transform thyself from orb of light and bring me victory in this fight. Envelop the desert with your glow and cast your rage upon my foe. Unlock your powers deep within so that together we may win. Appear in this Shadow Game as I call your name, Winged Dragon of Ra!" Hee hee hee. Admit it. That sounds like fun to do.

ii_Weirdo_o's Senpai

Excitable Lunatic

12,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • PvP 200
legendary dragon/eye of timaeus decks can be fun though can be annoying to build, i'm in the middle of building one atm.

Huge Revolution deck is also pretty fun, having it go off and see you're opponent lose their whole hand and field feels great.

Lastly, an Assault Mode Activate deck is one more idea.

I realize that none of these are meta at all but they can be pretty fun so figured i'd throw them out there.

Agile Paladin

I'm trying to build and perfect a Kuri deck for my wife. I myself favor a Blue-Eyes White Dragon deck featuring Five-Headed Dragon. I also have a Horus Beatdown deck, a Water deck, a "Yugi" deck (that I'm still perfecting), Exodia deck, a Chaos deck, a Beast deck, and I'm starting to brainstorm for a Final Archfiend deck (though I'm not sure if I want to use Archfiend monsters...). I have fun with them, but I don't know how well they work without playing them against other people. It's a totally different thing facing someone in real life than having to face someone on Dueling Network. I use the Traditional Format in all my decks.

Succubus's Waifu

Eager Receiver

You can build good competitive decks without netdecking. I've done exactly that for most of my time involved with YGO. However there is a right and a wrong way to do it, and this person CLEARLY doesn't know how to do it right lololol.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Queen Wonderland
I run infernity already. they are fun.

And I understand what your saying. deck builds. Good cards. Good deck types. great archtypes. I understand that. But you know what is a great deck. A first turn win exodia draw deck. That deck will win 9 out of ten times. I can play that deck all the time. Doesn't mean I am good. true a good deck build does prove skill. but if your deck build is the same as 9-10 deck's then it's not your skill.

I already get bullshit from people. But if you feel the need to put me down for my believe then test it out beofre putting it down. I tried using cheap meta build deck's. truth is I win...alot. But I don't see it as me winning, but the deck winning.
No it won't?

Exodia will not consistently win matches. It's too inconsistent and relies on drawing the RIGHT cards at the right time.

Maybe it's your lack of English, but you're essentially telling me that you want a deck to play, but you don't want to netdeck.

Uhh, good luck? emotion_eyebrow
Penn Almasy
Prophecy is a deck that requires a lot of skill and attention out of you. Veeeery high skill ceiling; one mistake, at ANY point, can cost you the game.

Infernities are pretty complex and you need to keep track of your resources. But you can get better with practice.

Other "difficult" decks include Harpies and Mermails.

Queen Wonderland
If I build a deck with every cheap trap card, fire hands and cie hands and every cheap summon monster and spell that is a sure fire way to win. Doesn't mean I am good. Just mean I have a sure fire deck.
...HAT?

Being good often means building good decks. Special snowflake decks don't make you better than others, and they don't win you nats. If you're so good, why limit yourself to bad archetypes?

Imagine a swordfight between two men. One guy's got a pretty well-forged sword with good, sturdy armor. The other is wearing paper-mache glitterarmor and wielding a knock-off katana.

I run infernity already. they are fun.

And I understand what your saying. deck builds. Good cards. Good deck types. great archtypes. I understand that. But you know what is a great deck. A first turn win exodia draw deck. That deck will win 9 out of ten times. I can play that deck all the time. Doesn't mean I am good. true a good deck build does prove skill. but if your deck build is the same as 9-10 deck's then it's not your skill.

I already get bullshit from people. But if you feel the need to put me down for my believe then test it out beofre putting it down. I tried using cheap meta build deck's. truth is I win...alot. But I don't see it as me winning, but the deck winning.

Succubus's Waifu

Eager Receiver

Literally my reaction to this thread.

User Image

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Prophecy is a deck that requires a lot of skill and attention out of you. Veeeery high skill ceiling; one mistake, at ANY point, can cost you the game.

Infernities are pretty complex and you need to keep track of your resources. But you can get better with practice.

Other "difficult" decks include Harpies and Mermails.

Queen Wonderland
If I build a deck with every cheap trap card, fire hands and cie hands and every cheap summon monster and spell that is a sure fire way to win. Doesn't mean I am good. Just mean I have a sure fire deck.
...HAT?

Being good often means building good decks. Special snowflake decks don't make you better than others, and they don't win you nats. If you're so good, why limit yourself to bad archetypes?

Imagine a swordfight between two men. One guy's got a pretty well-forged sword with good, sturdy armor. The other is wearing paper-mache glitterarmor and wielding a knock-off katana.

Dedicated Rogue

18,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
My bf used to play Crystal Beasts, but has recently switched over to Cyber Dragons. I run Hieratics myself, they're interesting from what I've seen, and I'm working on a Horus lockdown deck. Anything aside from cyber dragons sound appealing there?

Prodigal Genius

11,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
Not sure if these were said already, but maybe Koa'ki Meirus, Hunders(Mahunder, Pahunder, Sishunder), Watts, Scraps, Karakuris, Yang Zings(If you play OCG), just to throw out a few.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff