Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Phantom

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
I finished typing up a decklist for my Magic Commander deck and wondered what people think of it? Its won the last two multiplayer games at my shop and it uses a wide variety of cards from different editions and formats (including the newest cards from the Commander 2014 decks).

Commander
Narset, Enlightened Master

Creatures {6}
Containment Priest
Djinn Illuminatus
Puresteel Paladin
Snapcaster Mage
Stonehewer Giant
Sun Titan

Planeswalkers {5}
Daretti, Scrap Savant
Elspeth, Knight-Errant
Nahiri, the Lithomancer
Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
Tezzret the Seeker

Sorceries {11}
Austere Command
Beacon of Tomorrows
Enter the Infinite
Fabricate
Grapeshot
Howl of the Horde
Mass Calcify
Relentless Assault
Rout
Steelshaper's Gift
Storm Herd

Instants {11}
Boros Charm
Condemn
Enlightened Tutor
Izzet Charm
Mystical Tutor
Oblation
Path to Exile
Pyretic Ritual
Return to Dust
Seething Song
Swords to Plowshares

Enchantments {11}
Assemble the Legion
Banishing Light
Detention Sphere
Ghostly Prison
Luminarch Ascension
Leyline of Anticipation
Omniscience
Propaganda
Quiet Contemplation
Rhystic Study
Soothsaying

Artifacts {17}
Assault Suit
Chromatic Lantern
Commander's Sphere
Darksteel Ingot
Darksteel Plate
Expedition Map
Fireshrieker
Gilded Lotus
Scroll Rack
Sensei's Divining Top
Sol Ring
Sunforger
Swiftfoot Boots
Sword of Feast and Famine
Sword of Vengeance
Torpor Orb
Vedalken Orrey

Lands {38}
Academy Ruins
Ancient Den
Arcane Lighthouse
Battlefield Forge
Celestial Colonnade
Clifftop Retreat
Command Tower
Evolving Wilds
Flamekin Village
Flooded Strand
Glacial Fortress
Ghost Quarter
Great Furnace
Halimar Depths
Hall of the Bandit Lord
Hallowed Fountain
Homeward Path
Island x2
Mistveil Plains
Mountain x2
Mystic Monastery
Plains x2
Reflecting Pool
Reliquary Tower
Rogue's Passage
Sacred Foundry
Shivan Reef
Seat of the Synod
Steam Vents
Sulfur Falls
Temple of Enlightenment
Temple of Epiphany
Temple of the False God
Temple of Triumph
Terramorphic Expanse

Total cards 100

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
How often do you get to use Tezzi's ability? I feel like you don't have enough artifacts to really benefit from it?

I would honestly rather see the new Teferi over Tezzi.

also i'm not a huge fan of artifact lands... I've run into too many d**k players that will purposely kill your lands just to slow you down or that run Aura Shards.

Also the Mass Cal is meh to me... personally I run into alot of White players in my group so running that could be a dead card some games. Maybe just sideboard it for another boardwipe?

also what about the Izzet Guildmage? to copy spells whenever you don't have Narset or can't swing with her?

or Whispersilk so you can swing without being blocked?

Invisible Phantom

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
FurryTyrant
How often do you get to use Tezzi's ability? I feel like you don't have enough artifacts to really benefit from it?

also i'm not a huge fan of artifact lands... I've run into too many d**k players that will purposely kill your lands just to slow you down or that run Aura Shards.

Also the Mass Cal is meh to me... personally I run into alot of White players in my group so running that could be a dead card some games. Maybe just sideboard it for another boardwipe?

also what about the Izzet Guildmage? to copy spells whenever you don't have Narset or can't swing with her?

I actually use Tezzret a lot to tutor up either the artifact lands I need to cast Narset or other spells, find Sensei's Divining Top, Scroll Rack, Vedalken Orrey or an equipment if I really need to.

I thought about adding new Teferi, and might do so in the future.

Aura Shards hasn't been much of a problem since others have either destroyed/board wiped it or I deal with it with Dust to Dust or Austere Command.

Mass Calcify really helped me in a game last night. My other alternative is Jokalhaups if there are other white players.

Thought about Izzet Guildmage, however not all my instants or sorceries aren't 2 cmc or less. But something to think about if I do, for certain.

Whispersilk Cloak is another one I've thought about putting in, however I've been able to get away with Sword of Feast and Famine and Rogue's Passage. There's a lot of green and black players where I play, but I will look into it if I really need more evasion.

I also want to thank you for replying because I never thought anyone would respond to this. sweatdrop

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Frankachu
FurryTyrant

I actually use Tezzret a lot to tutor up either the artifact lands I need to cast Narset or other spells, find Sensei's Divining Top, Scroll Rack, Vedalken Orrey or an equipment if I really need to.

I thought about adding new Teferi, and might do so in the future.

Aura Shards hasn't been much of a problem since others have either destroyed/board wiped it or I deal with it with Dust to Dust or Austere Command.

Mass Calcify really helped me in a game last night. My other alternative is Jokalhaups if there are other white players.

Thought about Izzet Guildmage, however not all my instants or sorceries aren't 2 cmc or less. But something to think about if I do, for certain.

Whispersilk Cloak is another one I've thought about putting in, however I've been able to get away with Sword of Feast and Famine and Rogue's Passage. There's a lot of green and black players where I play, but I will look into it if I really need more evasion.

I also want to thank you for replying because I never thought anyone would respond to this. sweatdrop

s**t i completely forgot about the limitation of Izzet Guildmage lol

Oh another question.. You don't have that many equips, i feel that Puresteel is kind of "meh" when you have like 3 equips. I do like the 0 cost/Draw from it but at that low amount of equips.

and no problem. I just go back on the site and i love helping people with MTG issues ^_^

Invisible Phantom

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
FurryTyrant
s**t i completely forgot about the limitation of Izzet Guildmage lol

Oh another question.. You don't have that many equips, i feel that Puresteel is kind of "meh" when you have like 3 equips. I do like the 0 cost/Draw from it but at that low amount of equips.

and no problem. I just go back on the site and i love helping people with MTG issues ^_^

I actually have 7 equipment: Assault Suit, Darksteel Plate, Loxodon Warhammer, Sunforger, Swiftfoot Boots, Sword of Feast and Famine and Sword of Vengeance. I replaced Fireshrieker with Loxodon Warhammer so I could gain life. Assault Suit is new, however it allows the equipped creature +2/+2, haste, can't attack me or a planeswalker I control and can't be sacrificed. Plus the ability to give it to an opponent for one turn, however its a "may" ability which is something I won't normally do.
I hate to be THAT guy, but there is a list for bar set from a French edh tournament and it looked good but it's pricy. The concept it runs on is good though. But who netdecks for edh anyway?

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Idk in my EDH group they always tell me if you're running 1-2 cards for something that you run less than 8 cards of, than maybe you need to turn in more and take those 1-2 cards out.

Invisible Phantom

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
FurryTyrant
Idk in my EDH group they always tell me if you're running 1-2 cards for something that you run less than 8 cards of, than maybe you need to turn in more and take those 1-2 cards out.
So you're saying I should take out Puresteel Paladin? I probably will in the future. Its just something to play and if someone gets rid of it then I either bring it back with Sun Titan or just cast it after I have my setup to equip and swing outright.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff