Welcome to Gaia! ::

GaYnus's Husband

Shameless Man-Lover

10,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Taivaspoika
I'm pretty fond of Ashiok, the Nightmare Weaver - come on, you get to turn your opponents deck against them? Hell yeah! I managed to snatch Avacyn from a friend /and/ exile her Sorin. In the same match. ...I did end up loosing, still.

Avacyn is super cool, too - especially if you have Grafted Exoskeleton - an equipment that gives +2/+2 and infect but when destroyed/unattached, the creature must be sacrificed.
Anyway, that's my favourite combo - Avacyn as 8/8 with flying, and add the Exoskeleton with +2/+2 and infect... and we'll have a one hit knock out, as long as we don't get blocked.

I'm a sucker for infect cards - Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon was actually my first favourite card aaaaand it was downhill from there - now I mainly play a blue/black infect deck.

Ashiok is a cool planes walker :3

Skithiryx was one of my first dragons and i like that its a black dragon emotion_c8

but infect is a mechanic that i over hate because it only takes 10 to kill which in my opinion is way to op. However i do think the part about dealing damage to creatures in the form of -1,-1 counter is fine. If infect gave players -1,-1 counters and it took 20 to kill them, that would be ok. Considering that counters are a little cumbersome to remove that seems like a reasonable mechanic.

Autobiographer

Karmic Guide
Taivaspoika
I'm pretty fond of Ashiok, the Nightmare Weaver - come on, you get to turn your opponents deck against them? Hell yeah! I managed to snatch Avacyn from a friend /and/ exile her Sorin. In the same match. ...I did end up loosing, still.

Avacyn is super cool, too - especially if you have Grafted Exoskeleton - an equipment that gives +2/+2 and infect but when destroyed/unattached, the creature must be sacrificed.
Anyway, that's my favourite combo - Avacyn as 8/8 with flying, and add the Exoskeleton with +2/+2 and infect... and we'll have a one hit knock out, as long as we don't get blocked.

I'm a sucker for infect cards - Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon was actually my first favourite card aaaaand it was downhill from there - now I mainly play a blue/black infect deck.

Skithiryx was one of my first dragons and i like that its a black dragon emotion_c8

but infect is a mechanic that i over hate because it only takes 10 to kill which in my opinion is way to op. However i do think the part about dealing damage to creatures in the form of -1,-1 counter is fine. If infect gave players -1,-1 counters and it took 20 to kill them, that would be ok. Considering that counters are a little cumbersome to remove that seems like a reasonable mechanic.

Yeah, it's a bit overpowered when playing against people who don't have infect... a lot of infect cards have drawbacks, like Phyrexian Vatmother that gives the controller a poison counter at the beginning of their upkeep - if playing against another infect deck... not very good. Another, less powerful creature which name I can't remember, gives the controller a poison counter when it enters the battlefield. And, a lot of infect creatures aren't very strong - mostly 1/1.

But. Yeah. Overpowered against non-infect decks. I still keep losing to friend's vampire deck, or anyone with lots of tokens... I'd really like to play against another infect deck, to really test it out.

GaYnus's Husband

Shameless Man-Lover

10,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Taivaspoika
Karmic Guide
Taivaspoika

Yeah, it's a bit overpowered when playing against people who don't have infect... a lot of infect cards have drawbacks, like Phyrexian Vatmother that gives the controller a poison counter at the beginning of their upkeep - if playing against another infect deck... not very good. Another, less powerful creature which name I can't remember, gives the controller a poison counter when it enters the battlefield. And, a lot of infect creatures aren't very strong - mostly 1/1.

But. Yeah. Overpowered against non-infect decks. I still keep losing to friend's vampire deck, or anyone with lots of tokens... I'd really like to play against another infect deck, to really test it out.

They are weak but they have back-up from the proliferate ability.

Dapper Noob

8,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
I have five, the entire archetype cycle, because if you get one on the field it's guaranteed to help you.

Archetype Of Aggression
Archetype Of Courage
Archetype Of Imagination
Archetype Of Finality
Archetype Of Endurance

Shameless Sage

12,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
My favorites are probably the build-around-me cards that inspired me to build decks-
Savra, Queen of the Golgari, Mirror-Sigil Sargent, and Warp World. I also have a special place in my heart for Adarkar Unicorn...it's that darn thing's fault I'm playing this game. And Sarkhan Vol...because one of my friends always, always walks straight into Sarkhan's second ability with his commander, Gisella, and it's hilarious.

Versatile Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
My favorite card is Malimo the Maro Sorcerer I love swelling mana and then using it to send out huge creatures but doing that with Malimo is priceless, plus he looks freaking awesome.

GaYnus's Husband

Shameless Man-Lover

10,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Joe Evilsbane
My favorite card is Malimo the Maro Sorcerer I love swelling mana and then using it to send out huge creatures but doing that with Malimo is priceless, plus he looks freaking awesome.

Do you have a Molimo Commander deck?

Versatile Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Im working on one, have been for a while now its going lean on Molimo pretty hard. neutral

Angelic Gatekeeper

9,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Partygoer 500
Glissa_ChargingBadger
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Found a Beta version of this card not too long ago rummaging through my brothers old stuff before he moved out. Was quite happy when I found out how much it was worth

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Serra Angel has always been my favourite card. Great art in all versions, and a solid P/T with abilities for the CMC. always a good drop.

Dangerous Poster

Kami of false hope

Just love the name; helps that it's not a bad card.

Iorthol's Waifu

Samurai of deep waters
and mana flare (red enchantment (hasnt been reprinted since 5th ed) everytime you tap a land for mana it produces one additional mana of the apropriate type

meaning, low cost deck= PLAY EVERYTHING

I have a deck that plays that. >w>

Iorthol's Waifu

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out