Welcome to Gaia! ::

I see. I still say he's boss. whee

Original Player

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The way Clone rules work is that they don't target in the first place. They simply see what is and become it. On the stack the clone is pretty much just the card being cast. Upon resolution, it chooses which (if any) creatures to become a copy of. So it can copy an Emrakul but not its cast ability.

Fiend-Hunter works the same way as Oblivion Ring / Journey to Nowhere.
Liquidor
The way Clone rules work is that they don't target in the first place. They simply see what is and become it. On the stack the clone is pretty much just the card being cast. Upon resolution, it chooses which (if any) creatures to become a copy of. So it can copy an Emrakul but not its cast ability.

I was told that if you clone a legendary, they will simply automatically kill each other.
The Frankachu
Liquidor
Channel + Fireball . Enough Said.
This. b(^_^)d
Ad in furnace of rath and you prettymuch auto win if you have the life to spare by turn 3-5 depending on your mana supply.

Original Player

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Speciesism
Liquidor

I was told that if you clone a legendary, they will simply automatically kill each other.

Thats basically what happens after resolution.

Noob

Speciesism
The Frankachu
Liquidor
This. b(^_^)d
Ad in furnace of rath and you prettymuch auto win if you have the life to spare by turn 3-5 depending on your mana supply.
It's actually a turn 1 win with black lotus, which is how that combo became vogue. Play a mountain, drop the lotus for three green, use two on channel, use the mountain and the one floating green mana from the lotus, plus 19 of your life for extra mana on the fireball and it's an even 20 direct damage.
Dr Grordbort
Speciesism
The Frankachu
Liquidor
This. b(^_^)d
It's actually a turn 1 win with black lotus, which is how that combo became vogue. Play a mountain, drop the lotus for three green, use two on channel, use the mountain and the one floating green mana from the lotus, plus 19 of your life for extra mana on the fireball and it's an even 20 direct damage.
That sounds like a lucky first hand to me though.

Noob

Speciesism
Dr Grordbort
Speciesism
The Frankachu
Liquidor
This. b(^_^)d
Well you can't run it by itself, no, but it's probably the most consistent turn one win there is.
Dr Grordbort
Speciesism
Dr Grordbort
Speciesism
The Frankachu
Liquidor
This. b(^_^)d
Well you can't run it by itself, no, but it's probably the most consistent turn one win there is.
I see. One turn wins seem silly to me. Why play if you are going to win just because you went first? That's just how I see it though.

Tipsy Loiterer

Speciesism
Dr Grordbort
Speciesism
The Frankachu
Liquidor
This. b(^_^)d
It was also around in the lawless days of Magic, back when you could run 4 lotus.
Kaim Arouet
Speciesism
Dr Grordbort
Speciesism
The Frankachu
Liquidor
This. b(^_^)d
It was also around in the lawless days of Magic, back when you could run 4 lotus.
I see. I don't play standard. Although I would like to try. Tournaments sound like fun to me. My spirit deck might be legal.
Combo is my favorite kind of deck to run, though I usually default to aggro control in a tournament...

I ran melirapod in modern last PTQ season. I still like it, though kikipod seems better.

EDH is where the real fun is though. I have an animar combo deck (where the aim is to loop Ulamog with Tidespout Tyrant for free to destroy all of your permanents on turn 4 and then kill you) and a 5-color necrotic ooze creature combo deck, which is just full of ooze combos. As I say, if I get to untap with Ooze you lose.
Megiddo
Combo is my favorite kind of deck to run, though I usually default to aggro control in a tournament...

I ran melirapod in modern last PTQ season. I still like it, though kikipod seems better.

EDH is where the real fun is though. I have an animar combo deck (where the aim is to loop Ulamog with Tidespout Tyrant for free to destroy all of your permanents on turn 4 and then kill you) and a 5-color necrotic ooze creature combo deck, which is just full of ooze combos. As I say, if I get to untap with Ooze you lose.
I have 3 necrotic oozes and 3 predator oozes, The predator oozes have me wanting to make a green deck.
eh, what does predator ooze do, anyway??

I have wished for a good necrotic ooze deck in standard but there's only one good combo (bloodline keeper/grimgrin) and you end up running a bad deck. Maybe for FNM sometime.
Megiddo
eh, what does predator ooze do, anyway??

I have wished for a good necrotic ooze deck in standard but there's only one good combo (bloodline keeper/grimgrin) and you end up running a bad deck. Maybe for FNM sometime.
I have 4 Bloodlines and 2 Grimgrins. Predator Ooze is a turn 3, 1/1, Indestructible. That get's +1/+1 whenever it attacks and whenever it kills another creature. Basically It get's pretty big pretty fast and can be really mean with a couple abilities added to it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games