Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sentai

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
(April 2014 edit)This deck has been 10000% Overhauled! Before it was just a RUG deck with no general in mind that started as a BRUG EDH custom commander deck. Now its a competitive winning multiplayer EDH monster!

Welcome to the new and the improved:

User Image <click

Golden Loiterer

cards like parallel lives, mycoloth, kazuul, seed the land,siege gang, fable of wolf and owl, evac, crumple, hinder, venser, spin, capsize, starstorm(maybe), avalanche riders, rite of replication, teferi, cghain reaction(maybe), gamble, transmute affect, wildricochet, deceiver exarch, pestermite splinter twin if you want the combo sense you have kiki jiki
o-o what is the general?

Sentai

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Angelic Clover
o-o what is the general?

Riku of Two Reflections is gunna be my General, That way I can use the copy abilites..... I really wish I could have Glint-Eye colors.
I really wanna do Vraska with Parallel Lives and Doubling Season.

The Magnificent Muffin
cards like parallel lives, mycoloth, kazuul, seed the land,siege gang, fable of wolf and owl, evac, crumple, hinder, venser, spin, capsize, starstorm(maybe), avalanche riders, rite of replication, teferi, cghain reaction(maybe), gamble, transmute affect, wildricochet, deceiver exarch, pestermite splinter twin if you want the combo sense you have kiki jiki

I have P.Lives, Rite of Replication.
Venser? buuut... he's white.
I'd like to pick up a Mycoloth and an Avenger of Zendikar.
Gamble is PERFECT... I only need two more tutors now. I found that Signal the clans is GREAT for EDH.
Avalanche Riders is cool, and Semi-abusable, but single target.
Teferi seems cool, and also abusable with new legend rules.

I'll put Starstorm and Capsize on the list of control stuff to get.

I TOTALLY forgot about Splinter Twin.... yea I need that now.. crap.
if only riku had some white in him T^T armada worm would be so boss with him

Dedcadent Pants

Kyoto Tushoni

Venser, Shaper Savant isn't, and he can do some nasty copy effects. He's basically a 4 mana Twincast, or can be used to bounce a creature that's close to dying, or one that puts tokens on the battlefield when they enter.

That being said, Starstorm is probably a bad card for a token deck, since you'll be wiping out most of your creatures, too.

With all those high costs, have you considered much in the way of mana production?

Sentai

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
LiaThistle
Kyoto Tushoni

Venser, Shaper Savant isn't, and he can do some nasty copy effects. He's basically a 4 mana Twincast, or can be used to bounce a creature that's close to dying, or one that puts tokens on the battlefield when they enter.

That being said, Starstorm is probably a bad card for a token deck, since you'll be wiping out most of your creatures, too.

With all those high costs, have you considered much in the way of mana production?

Ah... well thats a horse of a better color.
eek Not sure I care much for that price tag though sweatdrop Still a great card, and I'll jot it down.

I'll just pick up a Starstorm, since I could use it, and although it COULD be bad for a token deck, I can see some great moments giving me more control over boards. Either way I could probably stand to pick just one up. I should try to get a That Which was taken too @_@

I haven't thought much about Mana, because I feel pretty comfortable with what I can produce already, but the deck is very incomplete... so I could be missing something :/

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Are you sure you want to be RUG tokens? RUG is a great color combo for Goodstuff/midrange/control/combo but decks with g/w are better baselines for tokens. My advise would either be g/w or junk.

Dedcadent Pants

Emrakul
Are you sure you want to be RUG tokens? RUG is a great color combo for Goodstuff/midrange/control/combo but decks with g/w are better baselines for tokens. My advise would either be g/w or junk.

Blue has lots of copy effects, and thanks to Echoing Truth, can have some really funny bounce reactions thanks to the new Legend rule.
Green, as always, has lots of tokens, and Red, well...honestly, I'd really like to see someone drop a Goblin Warrens in EDH at least once. Sure, it's mana hungry, but it's a crazy fun token card for the color. Maybe people are just too mature to do it.

Anyways, I'm not sure "Tokens" is quite the right name for the deck as it seems to be forming up. "Clones" might be a better term, given Magic's context.

That being said, yes, Kyoto, I think you might be missing something. The big complaint I remember while I was still playing was that Riku was very mana hungry. You may want to adjust your design to accommodate that.

Sentai

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
LiaThistle
Emrakul

Blue has lots of copy effects, and thanks to Echoing Truth, can have some really funny bounce reactions thanks to the new Legend rule.
Green, as always, has lots of tokens, and Red, well...honestly, I'd really like to see someone drop a Goblin Warrens in EDH at least once. Sure, it's mana hungry, but it's a crazy fun token card for the color. Maybe people are just too mature to do it.

Anyways, I'm not sure "Tokens" is quite the right name for the deck as it seems to be forming up. "Clones" might be a better term, given Magic's context.

That being said, yes, Kyoto, I think you might be missing something. The big complaint I remember while I was still playing was that Riku was very mana hungry. You may want to adjust your design to accommodate that.

Well... I've got some mana dorks, dual lands, land fetches, and a few things like farseek, and Artifacts.

I also decided to be silly since I'm doing this... I've decided to run Biovisionary xp
One of the biggest draw backs of Riku is that he's triggered, not activated confused Otherwise I'd Illusionist Bracers him... good news. Kiki-Jiki works.
Copies of Primeval Titan with an Amulet of Vigor out on the field made me giddy. biggrin

Sentai

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Zactor K
Copies of Primeval Titan with an Amulet of Vigor out on the field made me giddy. biggrin

Back before he was banned?

I AM using Sylvan Primordial though, because :p
Kyoto Tushoni
Zactor K

He's banned? Didn't know that haha! I only play casual variants of Magic because the closest Friday Night Magic group is about an hour away, and with gas prices these days...Yuck.
Slyvan Primordial is a good variant! biggrin Maybe through in a Conjurer's Closest as well to get an additional forest each turn?

Sentai

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Zactor K
Kyoto Tushoni
Zactor K

He's banned? Didn't know that haha! I only play casual variants of Magic because the closest Friday Night Magic group is about an hour away, and with gas prices these days...Yuck.
Slyvan Primordial is a good variant! biggrin Maybe through in a Conjurer's Closest as well to get an additional forest each turn?

Probably not in this deck. Right now Primordial is the only "when it comes into play" thing I have right now, and just as well, even if/when I add Avenger of Zendikar, thats not really too warranted to be in this deck. Still a good card I should pick up though.

I'd benefit more from "return to your hand/to play a creature that was sent to the graveyard from the battlefield this turn" effect.
Kyoto Tushoni
Zactor K
Kyoto Tushoni
Zactor K

Probably not in this deck. Right now Primordial is the only "when it comes into play" thing I have right now, and just as well, even if/when I add Avenger of Zendikar, thats not really too warranted to be in this deck. Still a good card I should pick up though.

I'd benefit more from "return to your hand/to play a creature that was sent to the graveyard from the battlefield this turn" effect.
Ahhh, I couldn't remember if Sylvan was "enter the battefield" or "when it comes into play".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff