Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

so, a short introduction about myself, ive been playing mtg for about a year now, i used to play in standard tournoments but never really enjoyed them as much as when i found edh, or commander as people as well call it. so ive almoast stopped playing standard entirely but i only have one edh deck and it, like me, is weird as hell, progenitus five color control, lands required and all the collecting i had to do it was a b***h too make, real expensive, semi complicated but so much fun, of soo much fun too drop progenitus or avacyn or well, any of the fatties of any of the colors.

but recently ive wanted to make a new edh deck, entirely new and from scratch, after looking at posibilities, ive narrowed it down too three

sen triplets, esper, no idea what its called but you copy your oponents deck and play artifact creatures

sedris, the traitor king, grixis reanimator deck

or
azorious an prison control deck

TL;DR

do i make grixis reanimator, sen triplets esper, or azorious prison deck when i get the money

Vermillion Smoker

19,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tipsy 100
What road do I take?
"Where do you want to go?"

i would go with grixis, it is a lot different than the deck you already have built.

I don't know.
"Then, it really doesn't matter, does it?"

Dangerous Lunatic

DjAngelicHentai
What road do I take?

i would go with grixis, it is a lot different than the deck you already have built.

I don't know.

thats what i was feeling, i liked how fast it was and how quickly you could drop a nice fatty on the feild

Vermillion Smoker

19,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tipsy 100
zhidkosti rok
DjAngelicHentai
What road do I take?

I don't know.

thats what i was feeling, i liked how fast it was and how quickly you could drop a nice fatty on the feild

What road do I take?

i was thinking about making Nekusar EDH

I don't know.

Dangerous Lunatic

DjAngelicHentai
zhidkosti rok
DjAngelicHentai
What road do I take?

I don't know.

What road do I take?

i was thinking about making Nekusar EDH

I don't know.

that my good sir is quite devious, its like a really pissed off burn deck.
of course a turn 3 it that betrays is what i live for

Shameless Shapeshifter

I've got a Nekusar deck that I've been playing and building upon since the day Nekusar was available. It's extremely fun to play, if you like playing the role of super villain.
I sure do. pirate

High-functioning Hellraiser

Sen Triplets are an old favorite of mine, but odds are that making a deck around them might wind up being kinda expensive. My brother had a Sen Triplets deck & it would run the typical copy artifact/enchantment/creature cards along with a lot of lockdown stuff like Ethersworn Canonist. His deck was really about slowing opponents down and then forcing them to use their own win conditions against them. Stuff like Paradox Haze, Mindslaver, and Worst Fears with a few good tutor cards basically guaranteed that he was always playing puppeteer on whoever was the biggest threat to him. & if all else failed, he had a Memnarch in the deck.

I've personally tried to build a Sedris deck, but I didn't have much luck with it. He's a very interested creature, but the problem I have with him is that he exiles your own creatures, so if your unearth attack somehow fails, you're kinda screwed because you're not getting some of your best s**t back. It'd be interesting to see what you could do with him though.

As for a prison control deck, what commander where you looking at for it? Grand Arbiter is incredibly powerful if you run all sorts of cost increase effects like Thalia and Chancellor of the Annex. At the same time Lavinia is really fun if you're running a crapton of blink effects. Plus Lavinia with Ixidron and something like Conjuror's Closet is hilarious because your opponents won't be able to undetain their now useless 2/2 creatures.

Dangerous Lunatic

AvalancheZer0
Sen Triplets are an old favorite of mine, but odds are that making a deck around them might wind up being kinda expensive. My brother had a Sen Triplets deck & it would run the typical copy artifact/enchantment/creature cards along with a lot of lockdown stuff like Ethersworn Canonist. His deck was really about slowing opponents down and then forcing them to use their own win conditions against them. Stuff like Paradox Haze, Mindslaver, and Worst Fears with a few good tutor cards basically guaranteed that he was always playing puppeteer on whoever was the biggest threat to him. & if all else failed, he had a Memnarch in the deck.

I've personally tried to build a Sedris deck, but I didn't have much luck with it. He's a very interested creature, but the problem I have with him is that he exiles your own creatures, so if your unearth attack somehow fails, you're kinda screwed because you're not getting some of your best s**t back. It'd be interesting to see what you could do with him though.

As for a prison control deck, what commander where you looking at for it? Grand Arbiter is incredibly powerful if you run all sorts of cost increase effects like Thalia and Chancellor of the Annex. At the same time Lavinia is really fun if you're running a crapton of blink effects. Plus Lavinia with Ixidron and something like Conjuror's Closet is hilarious because your opponents won't be able to undetain their now useless 2/2 creatures.

i was feeling the grixis deck because i found a lsit i was going to half follow and after some math the deck was in theory supposed to feel slightly like playing reanimator legacy, albiet alightly slower and lacking grizzlebrand, even if my friends don't care about the ban list in commander.

im not worried about cost so a good sen triplets deck would be nice as well, im willing to spend a thousand over the next few months too make it and ill probably end up getting two within the next year. i liked how i could play opponents win conditions in the sen triplets deck, it looked like it would be quite fun to jack an avacyn from someone or another battlecruiser to really mess up there game.

and i was thinking grand arbiter would be my commander since it would lower my casting costs to and speed me up ever so slightly ahead of my opponents

Shameless Shapeshifter

AvalancheZer0
I've personally tried to build a Sedris deck, but I didn't have much luck with it. He's a very interested creature, but the problem I have with him is that he exiles your own creatures, so if your unearth attack somehow fails, you're kinda screwed because you're not getting some of your best s**t back. It'd be interesting to see what you could do with him though

My buddy has a pretty sweet Sedris deck, and he runs into that same problem. He ended up adding a copy of Misthollow Griffin. It's not the most powerful creature in the deck, but being able to cast it from exile makes sure he always has something to throw at the enemy.

Liberal Voter

I have a hard time running removal with Grixis, mainly enchantments unless I'm spending a lot of mana.

Dangerous Lunatic

Adiriel
I have a hard time running removal with Grixis, mainly enchantments unless I'm spending a lot of mana.

whenever i play grixis in standard ive experienced the opposite, i always run too much creature removal, except its usually like 2 and 3 drop removal.
ive got dreadbores and heros downfall and im looking at getting terminate for this edh deck too since its good as well.

Liberal Voter

zhidkosti rok
Adiriel

whenever i play grixis in standard ive experienced the opposite, i always run too much creature removal, except its usually like 2 and 3 drop removal.
ive got dreadbores and heros downfall and im looking at getting terminate for this edh deck too since its good as well.

Now try to blow up an enchantment for the same cost.

I guess their is always Aura Thief...

Dangerous Lunatic

Adiriel
zhidkosti rok
Adiriel

true, not really a perk of red black and blue, but counterspells can help with that, swan song is one card i particularly enjoy for this since its only a one drop.

Liberal Voter

zhidkosti rok
Adiriel
zhidkosti rok
Adiriel

true, not really a perk of red black and blue, but counterspells can help with that, swan song is one card i particularly enjoy for this since its only a one drop.

Off the topic of enchantments, but onto one-mana counterspells, ever run Envelop?

Dangerous Lunatic

Adiriel
zhidkosti rok
Adiriel
zhidkosti rok
Adiriel

Off the topic of enchantments, but onto one-mana counterspells, ever run Envelop?

no, ive only been playing about a year, just looked it up, only works on sorceries, wouldnt help much against enchantemnts though. hmm, i have a counterspell, swan song, and extirpate in my progenitus edh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff