Welcome to Gaia! ::

So far, with my 65-card regenerate/burn deck, I've beaten a Sliver deck in a 1 v 1; and a white soldier deck, a ninja deck, and a red/black ogre/demon deck in a 1 v 1 v 1 v 1 game. To me, it sounds pretty good, but I'd like to have your analysis of it.

Instants:

Ethereal Haze
Chastice
Hanabi Blast
Healing Salve
Shower Of Sparks
Shock (2x)
Carbonize
Disenchant
Blessed Reversal

Sorcery:
Fireball
Firebolt

Enchantments:
Glorious Anthem
Honden Of Cleansing Fire
Ghostly Prison
Onslaught

Enchant Creatures:
Spirit Link
Cave Sense
Crown Of Flames

Lands:
12 Plains
11 Mountains
Ghitru Encampment

Artifacts:
Ivory Cup
Dragon's Claw
Sisay's Ring
Skullcage
Sensei's Divining Top

Artifact Equipments:
Sparring Collar
Horned Helm
Healer's Headress

Artifact Creatures:
Anodet Lurker

Creatures:
Bushi Tenderfoot/Kenzo the Hardhearted
Kami Of The Painted Road
Bloodfire Dwarf
Suntail Hawk (2x)
Spark Elemental
Venerable Monk
Kabuto Moth
Tundra Wolves (2x)
Nagao, Bound By Honor
Devoted Retainer
Kitsune Blademaster
Raging Goblin
Pious Kitsune

Any reccomendations? I've got some good cards from my Demon deck, as well as a LOT of leftover cards that give me health when they come in play. (I traded my Eight-And-A-Half-Tails for a burn deck, which I comboed with my whites.)
I was thinking of an Ensnaring Bridge just because it's saved my a** in a lot of games before. (Nothing like having a lot of mana and drawing straight instants. He couldn't attack with anything.)
You need a HELL of a lot more consistancy.
what are you trying to do with your deck??? from what i can tell it's just a jumble of red and white cards, with no form of consistancy or major win condition. Usually more then one copy of cards like shock and disenchant are prefered. And How many cards is that deck?
My best advice to you is this:

Play-test your decks over and over again and decide on your own whether they are good or not. The opinions of others are never reliable.
ColdIce
You need a HELL of a lot more consistancy.

Red and white...

Zoa Illumi
what are you trying to do with your deck??? from what i can tell it's just a jumble of red and white cards, with no form of consistancy or major win condition. Usually more then one copy of cards like shock and disenchant are prefered. And How many cards is that deck?

65. It's kind of a burn/regenerate deck...a lot of those creatures have mountainwalk, fly, doublestrike, or first strike, so I can do a lot of direct damage. Plus, I've got a lot of "avoid damage/gain health" cards, and Ghostly Prison makes it very hard to attack me.

And Tori- I've never lost with that deck. I played a few more games and got more wins. I was just looking for the experiences of others. I msut say, this beats my Demon deck by a lot.
your deck sucks
Try playing against a real deck.
try playing a solitare style game with it.
omegalaw
Try playing against a real deck.

I have. Try not being an asswipe.
Mingan29
So far, with my 65-card regenerate/burn deck, I've beaten a Sliver deck in a 1 v 1; and a white soldier deck, a ninja deck, and a red/black ogre/demon deck in a 1 v 1 v 1 v 1 game. To me, it sounds pretty good, but I'd like to have your analysis of it.

Instants:

Ethereal Haze
Chastice
Hanabi Blast
Healing Salve
Shower Of Sparks
Shock (2x)
Carbonize
Disenchant
Blessed Reversal

Sorcery:
Fireball
Firebolt

Enchantments:
Glorious Anthem
Honden Of Cleansing Fire
Ghostly Prison
Onslaught

Enchant Creatures:
Spirit Link
Cave Sense
Crown Of Flames

Lands:
12 Plains
11 Mountains
Ghitru Encampment

Artifacts:
Ivory Cup
Dragon's Claw
Sisay's Ring
Skullcage
Sensei's Divining Top

Artifact Equipments:
Sparring Collar
Horned Helm
Healer's Headress

Artifact Creatures:
Anodet Lurker

Creatures:
Bushi Tenderfoot/Kenzo the Hardhearted
Kami Of The Painted Road
Bloodfire Dwarf
Suntail Hawk (2x)
Spark Elemental
Venerable Monk
Kabuto Moth
Tundra Wolves (2x)
Nagao, Bound By Honor
Devoted Retainer
Kitsune Blademaster
Raging Goblin
Pious Kitsune

Any reccomendations? I've got some good cards from my Demon deck, as well as a LOT of leftover cards that give me health when they come in play. (I traded my Eight-And-A-Half-Tails for a burn deck, which I comboed with my whites.)

Alright. I'm going to be blunt, so please don't take this the wrong way.

[blunt]This deck is a terrible pile[/blunt]

With that out of the way, I'm going to tell you four things you can do to make your deck better:

1) Multiples. Multiples of key cards increase deck consistancy and allow you to do what you want when you want it more often than not. You are allowed up to four copies of any card except Basic Land and Relentless Rats (of which you are allowed unlimited copies). Decide what cards are key to making your deck win and beef them up to at least three if not four copies each.

2) Chaff. Eliminate the chaff in the deck. Go through each individual card in the deck. Ask yourself: "Will this card win me the game by itself or with one or two other cards?" If the answer is no, get rid of it. If the answer is yes, ask yourself "Is this card the best at what it does?" Once again, if the answer is no, get rid of the card and replace it with a better one. If the answer is yes, then get as many copies of the card as you can.

3) Size. Unless you are playing a specialty format, or particularly masochistic, you should try to keep your deck as close to the 60-card minimum as possible. Even if this means shaving off a few business spells you really want to include.

4) Mana. Look at the cards your deck consists of. Look at the mana costs in particular. Ideally, you'll want at least 50-70% of the cards to have a cost between one and three mana, to ensure you have stuff you can play in the early turns as well as the later. Your deck should consist of 22-24 lands to ensure consistant mana draws. Finally, you should divide up your colored mana sources based on which color you have more of. More Plains if White, more Mountains if Red, etc. Cards that produce multiple colors of mana are very good here and should always be considered. A dewck loaded with cards that cost RR and WW will have very inconsistant openings as your will want to have both two Mountains and two Plains starting off but won't be able to.

I hope this helped you.
It did help, but how is it terrible if I've never lost with it? Maybe I just have good luck.

Ok...here's my redo of the deck. (Bear in mind, I'm a stating player with not many cards- I was given a burn deck, and bought Dark Devotion and Lifeboost, as well as roughly 4 boosters. And I'm sorta broke now...so I'll have to make do with what I have.)

I'm sticking with 65 cards, but I have a lot more duplicates now. A question mark means I'm considering removing it.

Lands

13 Plains
9 Mountain
Ghitu Encampment

Enchantments

Glorious Anthem
Honden Of Cleansing Fire
Ghostly Prison
Onslaught

Enchant Creatures

Spirit Link
Cave Sense
Indominitable Will

Sorcery

Fireball (3x)

Artifacts

Skullcage
Sisay's Ring
Dragon's Claw
Ivory Cup
Sensei's Divining Top

Artifact Equipment

Sparring Collar ?

Creatures
Venerable Monk (3x)
Suntail Hawk (2x)
Angelic Page (2x)
Crossbow Infantry (2x)
Angel Of Mercy (2x)
Bushi Tenderfoot/Kenzo The Hardhearted
Kabuto Moth ?
Nagao, Bound By Honor
Devoted Retainer
Pious Kitsune
Seasoned Marshal
Kitsune Blademaster

Instants
Shock (2x)
Spark Spray (3x)
Blessed Reversal
Disenchantment
Chastise
Ethereal Haze
Carbonize ?

Any better than before? I really can't afford many more cards. Basically, I got rid of the Mountain creatures and brought in a lot of white with flying or defense.
Okay, I'm going to take your revised deck, and revise it by bolding cards I think are worthless....

.... Okay, I did attempt to do that, but I realized that it would most likely eat up 98% of your decklist. But I will give you some advice.

- Go online and look up what kinds of decks are winning in the format that you're running, and try to make your deck look something like those. It doesn't have to be perfect or even a copy, but if you do so it'll give you a strong idea of what cards are good and which are crap. It'll also give you a better example of how to 'focus' a deck toward one theme. And you'll learn which cards are highly played, and which aren't, and from there it'll be up to you to figure out why. I know a lot of Gaian's have some sort of 'honor' that causes them to refuse to actually follow such a tactic, since they think it's 'cheap' or something, but the point of a Magic game is ultimately to win.

- You run zero mana acceleration with the exception of Sisay's Ring, which costs 4, therefore making it a shitty accelerator. A lot of decks can win by turn 4. In all reality, I'd advise you to drop either white or red, it doesn't matter, and throw in green for mana creatures. At least that way you'll be able to run your deck quicker. If you want more control keep red, if you want a quicker 'weenie' type game run white.

Also your mana base looks really janky, I'd suggest some City of Brass to attempt to balance it out.

- Drop all your artifacts that make you gain life, and most of the creatures that cause a smiliar effect. I know life gaining 'seems' like a good idea, but it's not. Not when you're wasting a turn to play the artifact, to gain maybe 4 life through the game, and your opponent is smashing your face for 8 every turn. It basically slows down your game and gives you a very small benefit. I'd suggest more spot removal/ utility cards.

- Run more solutions. This includes artifact/enchantment hate, and probably spot removal for your opponents creatures. Red, I'd use more Direct Damage, white i'd probably throw in at the very least 4 Swords to Plowshares.

It's often said that red is a highly agressive color ment to burn your opponent to the head. I like to contest this theory and argue that it's a very strong control color. "What?! Is Sipid crazy?!" you may ask. And maybe I am, but I've found that red is excellent in early game creature disruption, and can consistantly keep your opponents creatures locked up. Look at the 'U/R Landstill' deck for example. It uses both blue and red as control aspects, to keep the board clear of threats so it can beat your opponent with creature lands. Red instants are also useful when you just want to drop a finishing blow on your opponent.

- Fix your creature base. In all reality it really isn't very good. I'd suggest running more flexable like "Silver Knight," or even "Longbow Archers." Right now from what I can tell your creatures are easy to run over, don't do very much for you, and are just generally pretty poor. If you throw in green, I'm sure you'll find plenty of flexable creatures there to.

Again, I think the best advice I can give you would be to look online at decks and get a feel for how a deck should work. I mean, sure a lucky hand will win you a game... maybe... or if you're only playing w/your friends and their random crap...maybe... but in the upper levels you really need to remove a lot of the 'bulkiness' of your deck and run something that really has excellent card synergy. You'll find that card interaction is very very important and if you can learn how to properly make a deck work with itself, than you'll be on to something.
omegalaw
your deck sucks

neutral
Seriously, this isn't necessary. If you feel that the deck is inadequate, then explain why. Posting stuff like this (and your next post) will not be tolerated. You will be reported for trolling and spamming.
Come on people, is it so hard to not be a douchebag?

Cap'n Sipid, I'd disagree on the point that a game of Magic is to win: it's to have fun. If you're not having fun, then what's the point in playing?
The guy said he's been beating people with the deck, so if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I might go over it a bit more extensively later, but my main point was towards omegalaw.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff