Welcome to Gaia! ::

just wondering who else plays this rp... i just started and it seems to be almost exactly like d&d... but with guns.... and you can die from being shot instead of going - take 4 damage.
Sounds like something I am working on only less cool and much less interesting, but I guess it might be worth working on eventually.
shadowflare60
just wondering who else plays this rp... i just started and it seems to be almost exactly like d&d... but with guns.... and you can die from being shot instead of going - take 4 damage.

It is certainly very similar to D&D in terms of the system, since it is a d20 system game. It's the same system, so yeah, it's similar. I'm pretty sure being shot could deal 4 damage just as well as an other form of damage and I'm sure that most games which include guns involve some way of dying from them. I'm not quite sure what your question is. I think the game is cool.
I've played in a campaign that ran about once a week for a six months altogether (the DM ran it between D&D story-arcs). Personally, he played it a little low-magic for my tastes: one of those where magic items you want are ultra-rare and you can never find them by looking, but magic items that bad guys use and that aren't particularly useful are everywhere. Blah.

Personally, I always wanted to run a Buffyverse or Buffyverse-styled game using D20 Modern. For a while I tinkered with converting Werewolf (by far the most combat-oriented of WoD games) to D20 Modern... but that was a fool's game. The action points, the monetary system, and the defense bonus systems all give me the Big Big Love.

And, having seen D20 Future, I'd much rather run a Star Wars-flavored D20F game than a straight-up Star Wars game. Too bad D20F came out afterwards.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff