Welcome to Gaia! ::

TagraNar
M4master
it so happens that the ninja cards suck
you wanna play magic get you some onslaught or tempest block cards

The ninja cards, as far as I've played with them, are neat. They aren't the fastest cards out there, but the tricks you can do with them make them good cards.

Onslaught? xd Yeah, if you want crappy art back by a crappy story along with force-fed decks. Onslaught block killed the novelty of creature-themed decks, period. No, you want a fun set, go with Invasion, Mirrodin, or Kamigawa.

i hated invasion. and the mirrodin block was just ******** up.
invasion forced the multi color issue to much.
and mirrodin was entirly too powerful, almost as bad as Urza's block
Fly By Wire
Invasion was worse than Onslaught, it ruined mono colour decks.

Ruined mono-color decks? O_o While the block pretty much made you play multiple colors, that was the fun of it, and mono-colored decks still exist today. No, it ruined nothing. Mark (one of the writers and developers at Wizards) called Invasion block one of the four Golden Ages (or somesuch) of Magic. No, Invasion block rocked, and it's been said that it saved Magic.
TagraNar
Fly By Wire

Ruined mono-color decks? O_o While the block pretty much made you play multiple colors, that was the fun of it, and mono-colored decks still exist today. No, it ruined nothing. Mark (one of the writers and developers at Wizards) called Invasion block one of the four Golden Ages (or somesuch) of Magic. No, Invasion block rocked, and it's been said that it saved Magic.

I still prefer the raw power of Onslaught. Then again thats just me.
And my favorite creature classes got a lot of power in the Onslaught block.(soldiers and zombies)
M4master

But that was the fun of it! Instead of facing dozens of mono-colored decks, where a single card could spell doom for a deck, you had multiple colors to contend with.
Quote:

Mirrodin was powerful, but I have yet to see anything that's as bad as turn-one kills.

Quote:
I still prefer the raw power of Onslaught. Then again thats just me.
And my favorite creature classes got a lot of power in the Onslaught block.(soldiers and zombies)

Personally, I found Onslaught block kind of boring. It killed the novelty of creature-theme decks, and you were always playing against either this zombie deck or that goblin deck or etc. etc.
I saw tons of different decks when Invasion was current, and I loved it.
M4master
TagraNar
M4master
it so happens that the ninja cards suck
you wanna play magic get you some onslaught or tempest block cards

The ninja cards, as far as I've played with them, are neat. They aren't the fastest cards out there, but the tricks you can do with them make them good cards.

Onslaught? xd Yeah, if you want crappy art back by a crappy story along with force-fed decks. Onslaught block killed the novelty of creature-themed decks, period. No, you want a fun set, go with Invasion, Mirrodin, or Kamigawa.

Actually, Mono-Red was very popular and quite powerful while Invasion was Type 2 Legal, both before and after Masques.
TagraNar
Fly By Wire

You wouldnt happen to be talking about Mark Rosewater, Gleemax's unwilling slave would you?

Invasion, as a set was good actually, Apocalypse, was just bad, It pushed the multicolour envelope to the breaking point, and was just overpowered with a really bad storyline (Urza running around in a gaint robot), even you have to admit that the multicolour creature combo cards were broken (Im talking about the so called "merfolk goblin" and the "Elf Knight" wink .
Fly By Wire
TagraNar
Fly By Wire

You wouldnt happen to be talking about Mark Rosewater, Gleemax's unwilling slave would you?

Invasion, as a set was good actually, Apocalypse, was just bad, It pushed the multicolour envelope to the breaking point, and was just overpowered with a really bad storyline (Urza running around in a gaint robot), even you have to admit that the multicolour creature combo cards were broken (Im talking about the so called "merfolk goblin" and the "Elf Knight" wink .

The "Merfolk Goblin" was simply a cheaper, more color-intensive Tim. The "Elf Knight" was from Invasion. And I hardly think a 2-color White Knight without First Strike is broken. Perhaps you were thinking of Gaea's Skyfolk? The "Elf Merfolk"? Broken? Hardly. Good? Quite. Were there broken cards in Apocalypse? Perhaps, yet no card in the entire Invasion Block sans Fact or Fiction has warranted a banning or restriction in any Sanctioned Format. I don't know about you, but that tells me that Invasion was definately not overpowered. While Invasion was legal (before Dr. Teeth), no one deck ruled the format. There were a good 5-7 Tier 1 decks easy. Fires came closest to being the best, but even it had weaknesses.

Onslaught, on the other hand, was ruled by Goblins. You either played Goblins, you played MWC, or you lost. There's no two-ways about it. Onslaught was both a boon and a curse for Tribal decks. The problem was, Goblins just got so much speed and power from the Block, they outshined all the other Tribes. Not to mention that Goblins have had incredible Tribal Support since the beginning of the game, and only got better as time went on. Other Tribes didn't really get too much support other than Zombies and Elves before Onslaught.
Technomagus
Fly By Wire
TagraNar
Fly By Wire

The "Merfolk Goblin" was simply a cheaper, more color-intensive Tim. The "Elf Knight" was from Invasion. And I hardly think a 2-color White Knight without First Strike is broken. Perhaps you were thinking of Gaea's Skyfolk? The "Elf Merfolk"? Broken? Hardly. Good? Quite. Were there broken cards in Apocalypse? Perhaps, yet no card in the entire Invasion Block sans Fact or Fiction has warranted a banning or restriction in any Sanctioned Format. I don't know about you, but that tells me that Invasion was definately not overpowered. While Invasion was legal (before Dr. Teeth), no one deck ruled the format. There were a good 5-7 Tier 1 decks easy. Fires came closest to being the best, but even it had weaknesses.

Onslaught, on the other hand, was ruled by Goblins. You either played Goblins, you played MWC, or you lost. There's no two-ways about it. Onslaught was both a boon and a curse for Tribal decks. The problem was, Goblins just got so much speed and power from the Block, they outshined all the other Tribes. Not to mention that Goblins have had incredible Tribal Support since the beginning of the game, and only got better as time went on. Other Tribes didn't really get too much support other than Zombies and Elves before Onslaught.

i admit goblins messed up the fun of onslaught. i loved playing zombies or soldiers. A lot of the blue decks were fun as well.
rat ninja that forces you to discard...and up to 4 megrim...oh yeah...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff