Welcome to Gaia! ::

Personally, I think that aside from the pain lands, and Planeswalkers, which seems to be the main hype of the set, Khans of Tarkir as a whole felt a little bit incomplete, like WOTC has run bland. Do you see a possible improvement with the coming sets? Do you enjoy KoT?

Human

The painlands were in M15. Older sac lands were just printed.
And I have to say I really like the new set. KoT standard seems really clunky and fun, and a welcome change from mono black devotion and all the others that were just dominating standard before the rotation. Sure Sarkhan is really cool and the sac lands are fantastic. But I feel like the set is really good for formats other than just competietive. Commander decks are gonna get a huge boost from this set because of all the new wedge cards just printed, lands, banners, legendary creatures, charms, all are gonna open up tons of new options.
All in all I think it is a really cool set and can't wait to see Ugin coming up later in the block.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Khans of Tarkir is the first well rounded set with flavor since RtR.

Everything about it feels fun and fresh, especially after the disaster that was Dragon's Maze and the Theros block.
The Court of Owls
Khans of Tarkir is the first well rounded set with flavor since RtR.

Everything about it feels fun and fresh, especially after the disaster that was Dragon's Maze and the Theros block.

Theros block was bad?

I know I'm out of the loop but I work at a game store with a ton of magic events and sparotically play EDH and I've seen our events fill up more during Theros block than Dragon's Maze. Not Journey into Nyx. There's a lot of that still on the shelf.

Actually let me look at what products we still have, I'm at the store right now, brb....

Okay, Nyx is selling the least out of the things that were in previous standard. It looks like the singles aren't doing too hot either.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Dietro

I know I'm out of the loop but I work at a game store with a ton of magic events

Good for you. Now maybe you can explain why you're wording your post as if I said Dragon's Maze was better than Theros, and why you're going over your JOU stock.
The Court of Owls
Dietro

I know I'm out of the loop but I work at a game store with a ton of magic events

Good for you. Now maybe you can explain why you're wording your post as if I said Dragon's Maze was better than Theros, and why you're going over your JOU stock.

Your wording suggested that Dragons Maze and Theros block were "disasters" and I wanted to note that while I'm not hip to the exact going-ons of the current metagames the amount of product we have sold around here seems like Theros and Born of the Gods are popular and Journey into Nyx is marginally harder to sell. I didn't question Dragon's Maze because the general talk at events indicated that it was weaker than the rest of the block.

I'm mostly fishing for explanations as to why you thought Theros block was a disaster, because I haven't participated in anything but EDH lately.

Lonely Genius

12,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I like khans a lot, espcially from a drafter point of view. For standard though, I think the set opened up some diversity. Abzan doing really well and just won the pro tour I believe, but Mardu a pretty solid clan, and Jeskai winning the first open of the series is proving to be fun to play and play against.

Shadowy Knight

14,800 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
They are call fetch lands first and foremost.

While I do not play standard I enjoying watching standard. I think Kahns has slowed the format down allowing for more well rounded decks. With RTR block gone, some of the powerhouse cards are finally out of the format allowing for longer games and allowing comebacks. One person can get ahead early and still lose more often it feels like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff