Welcome to Gaia! ::

Catastrophic Lullaby

I think Merfolk will be what i will go for first emotion_bigheart Let's see what I can get for that off Pucatrade! I was thinking of going off of Tolarian CC's advice here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSJGWT4spx8
Mutavaults are thankfully much more affordable now. Seems like a pretty reasonable list overall, though I don't think merfolk runs coralhelm anymore.

Timid Conversationalist

Judas Caerwyn

Hi Judas! Welcome to the thread biggrin Causal players are always welcome and there are bound to be people here to help with deck constuction emotion_bigheart I'm excited for Dragons of Tarkir, too. We're going to iHOP for the pre-release when it comes out (my local game store, that is). Pancakes and MTG! I play a Black/White/Green EDH deck, too : )
Judas Caerwyn
I prefer to go by the name Judas, I've been into Magic since maybe the middle of Theros block, but I like to read into all the lore concerning the Magic universe. As far as deck-building goes I think I am a bit too scatterbrained to make anything terribly cohesive in terms of a competitive bent, but I make Modern and Commander decks usually in any combination of Green/White/Black.

Super stoked for Dragons of Tarkir, especially what looks like new Command cards. Even if they aren't relative in power to the older versions. 3nodding
Deck building is definitelly an art at times, especially if you want to be competitive. The important thing is being able to analyze the cards in your deck, and realize when a card just isn't working out the way you want it to, regardless of how good it should be in theory.
Catastrophic Lullaby
Judas Caerwyn

Hi Judas! Welcome to the thread biggrin Causal players are always welcome and there are bound to be people here to help with deck constuction emotion_bigheart I'm excited for Dragons of Tarkir, too. We're going to iHOP for the pre-release when it comes out (my local game store, that is). Pancakes and MTG! I play a Black/White/Green EDH deck, too : )

Why can't there be many Ihops here in Canada, I want my local game store to do that, lol.

Timid Conversationalist

ChiefDimir
Catastrophic Lullaby
Judas Caerwyn

Why can't there be many Ihops here in Canada, I want my local game store to do that, lol.
They really, really should! They are the international house of pancakes, after all!

I'm off to class, guys. See you soon ~

Bashful Enabler

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100
Eltiana
Deck building is definitelly an art at times, especially if you want to be competitive. The important thing is being able to analyze the cards in your deck, and realize when a card just isn't working out the way you want it to, regardless of how good it should be in theory.
The biggest problem I have is making sure I've got the mana I need. Running into a scenario with only G and W mana and having cards that require B is just a nightmare. Win or lose, lacking the right mana just kills me. Do you have any advice on that? Or is that kind of thing more based on what it is I want to accomplish? @_@
Judas Caerwyn
Eltiana
The biggest problem I have is making sure I've got the mana I need. Running into a scenario with only G and W mana and having cards that require B is just a nightmare. Win or lose, lacking the right mana just kills me. Do you have any advice on that? Or is that kind of thing more based on what it is I want to accomplish? @_@

Dual land cards can really help, especially the fetch lands (pay 1, get one of two basic land types) if you can find them for purchase.
Also would anyone besides me love it if they made Planeswalker plushies? ^^
Judas Caerwyn
Eltiana
The simple fact of the matter is, you should NOT run three colors unless you have the ability to fix your mana in some way. That can be through creatures that produce more than one color mana or lands that produce more than one color.

Bashful Enabler

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100
Eltiana
The simple fact of the matter is, you should NOT run three colors unless you have the ability to fix your mana in some way. That can be through creatures that produce more than one color mana or lands that produce more than one color.

ChiefDimir
Dual land cards can really help, especially the fetch lands (pay 1, get one of two basic land types) if you can find them for purchase.

I actually have a few Shock, Fetch, Bounce, and Scry lands but the "come in tapped" bit slows things down, which I am pretty sure is not good. sweatdrop Is that just the cost of a three color deck?
Judas Caerwyn
Eltiana

ChiefDimir

I actually have a few Shock, Fetch, Bounce, and Scry lands but the "come in tapped" bit slows things down, which I am pretty sure is not good. sweatdrop Is that just the cost of a three color deck?

The comes in tapped effect is annoying, but I guess that is one of the downsides to a multi-coloured deck.
Judas Caerwyn
Eltiana

ChiefDimir

Depends on the speed of your deck. If you're trying to be aggresive, come into play tapped lands are a no go. Shocks and fetches are a must. If you're a slower midrange or control deck, come into play tapped isn't as big a deal because the point of your deck isn't to win quickly. Generally the cost of a three color deck is the expensive manabase involved razz

High-functioning Hellraiser

Whatup. I'm Rhia, been playin Magic since Kamigawa was new. I'm mostly a casual / commander / tiny leaders player, but lately I've been getting into modern.

I also love doing deck building challenges.
AvalancheZer0
Whatup. I'm Rhia, been playin Magic since Kamigawa was new. I'm mostly a casual / commander / tiny leaders player, but lately I've been getting into modern.

I also love doing deck building challenges.
Hey, that's around when I started playing lol. What a tumultuous time in Magic History. What in modern are you getting into?

High-functioning Hellraiser

Eltiana
Hey, that's around when I started playing lol. What a tumultuous time in Magic History. What in modern are you getting into?

Ahaa, there are just so many bad things out of that block, but I still love it. Lately I've been playing a fairly decent Living End deck. I've also got a budget Weirdstorm deck put together just for shits n' giggles. In the meantime I've been working on two other modern decks, one that uses Putrid Leech to abuse green ferocious triggers & the other; a Grixis Tron deck as part of a challenge.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff