Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright, I'm designing my own set of M:tG cards and I came up with this mechanic which is essentially a simplified version of Banding.

Unity(Creatures blocking this block all attackers with Unity. You assign damage.)
I don't think that ability will work....what about this....I'm attacking with two creatures with UNITY....you decide to block each creature with two creatures.....two attackers...and two blockers....what then?
also you need to bend the words around a bit...they're very confusing
When you attack with two creatures with unity and I block with two creatures, both creatures I block with block both creatures with Unity.
So one of my creatures blocks your two, and so does my other one.
Whats confusing?
confusing....hmm....I'm not really good at saying what....lemme have a go at the words....tell me if you like them..it's subtle.

Unity(Creatures blocking this block all attackers with Unity. You assign damage.)

Unity(When this is blocked, blocking creature blocks all other attacking creatures with Unity. You assign damage)

it's also not good but...do you see where I'm going? the comma is a big deal and....damn I'm so bad at this...I'm sorry that's the best I can think of..I hope it's kinda helpful
how about this:

Unity(if there are other creatures with unity in play, creatures with this ability share their power and toughness and abilities with other creatures that have unity you control. if the defending player chooses to block when you attack with creatures with unity, they must block with all of their creatures. if you block creatures with creatures with unity, you must block with all of them.)
a little weird but makes sense
Jineiouja
how about this:

Unity(if there are other creatures with unity in play, creatures with this ability share their power and toughness and abilities with other creatures that have unity you control. if the defending player chooses to block when you attack with creatures with unity, they must block with all of their creatures. if you block creatures with creatures with unity, you must block with all of them.)

You really want all that reminder text on your cards? It doesn't leave room for any other abilities. Try this... but I still think it's too long for reminder text...

Unity (If this creature is blocked, all creatures defending player controls block if able.)

... and instead of activated/triggered/static abilities, word them like you would a Sliver...

Isn't this just so much more elegant than that ******** you had above?

User Image

Distinct Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Untiy sounds so close to Banding. sweatdrop

I think Unity should be a thing for blockers. Not attackers.

Like..

If a creature you control has unity and is blocking. All other creature you control who block the same creature gets +0/+3 or somthing.
that is banding!
banding is a very old ability made in alpha, it was soooo confusing they stoped using it before ice age, it is a judges nightmare!!
geckomage
that is banding!
banding is a very old ability made in alpha, it was soooo confusing they stoped using it before ice age, it is a judges nightmare!!

THis isn't banding.

Banding lets creatures share combat damage and other neat tricks.

This just forces creatures to block.

They're different, but eerily similar. I like this.
Rubieus
Untiy sounds so close to Banding. sweatdrop

I think Unity should be a thing for blockers. Not attackers.

Like..

If a creature you control has unity and is blocking. All other creature you control who block the same creature gets +0/+3 or somthing.
Unity should be for blockers not attackers.This ability is not banding, banding creatures share abilities and power/toughness. I also think that unity should just give creatures with unity extra toughness and maybe power, creatures with unity should be able to add toughness and still block different attackers as with banding the creatures are"combined" together and have to block the same attacker.
The point is that this is supposed to be a simplified version of Banding.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff