Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

Hiro Wolfgang
my fighter is all about mobility and battlefield control

So long as you mark every enemy you attack, you are a weapon to me.

But, uh, if you're going to do something really crazy like the whip-and-bola tempest fighter build I saw once, lemmie know 'cause right now I'm looking at Commander's Strike (read: you) as my go-to attack.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Masiakasaurus
Liquidor
Thats fine with me. I'm not particular on backstories, for the most part, as it will be your character.

It was mostly the "there used to be a highly advanced civilization" thing that I was concerned about. I know that's pretty much in the generic points of light setting, but some DMs get weird over players making up stuff about the game world.

Hiro Wolfgang
I know some DMs are finicky, though it shows that the player is engaged in the game which I love to see as a DM myself

The first few sessions will be either one-shots or modules that i have lying around. I'm not particularly worried about backstories and the like. This will last until i get a good feel for the party (and players) in general. At which point, expect a full fledged campaign up to 30th level.

Masiakasaurus
Hiro Wolfgang
my fighter is all about mobility and battlefield control

So long as you mark every enemy you attack, you are a weapon to me.

But, uh, if you're going to do something really crazy like the whip-and-bola tempest fighter build I saw once, lemmie know 'cause right now I'm looking at Commander's Strike (read: you) as my go-to attack.
no, this fighter focuses on moving myself, and restricting how my opponents act (like being knocked probe). It utilizes the kensei path.

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

Hiro Wolfgang
It utilizes the kensei path.

PHB1 only brah.

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Masiakasaurus
Hiro Wolfgang

PHB1 only brah.
Kensei is a Paragon Path. It's part of the PHB.

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

Simply Rolla
Masiakasaurus
Hiro Wolfgang

PHB1 only brah.

D'oh. I thought that was from some issue of Dragon for some reason.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Masiakasaurus
Simply Rolla
Masiakasaurus
Hiro Wolfgang

PHB1 only brah.

My first thought was one of the Martial Power books.

Liquidor
Masiakasaurus
Simply Rolla
Masiakasaurus
Hiro Wolfgang

PHB1 only brah.

kensei path page 87 PHB 1

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

Liquidor
Masiakasaurus
Simply Rolla
Masiakasaurus
Hiro Wolfgang

PHB1 only brah.

There's also a ninja build for the...Scout? in one of the Essentials books.

Oh, D&D.

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Ah, I'd be happy to fill a spot, if you'd have me.

I shouldn't have anything to do on sundays.

But, I've never actually played 4th edition before. I did some small tests with my friends a year or two back, but never did anything extensive. My experience lies in 3.5e.

Let me know if you want me :3

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

HappyPariah
Ah, I'd be happy to fill a spot, if you'd have me.

I shouldn't have anything to do on sundays.

But, I've never actually played 4th edition before. I did some small tests with my friends a year or two back, but never did anything extensive. My experience lies in 3.5e.

Let me know if you want me :3

I can help you with a character if you need. Or anybody here, really, we're all cool people.

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I should be fine with most of of the creation, I'll just need some help on things like purchasing starting equipment. Do we roll starting gold values based on our class like in 3.5?

As for the character itself, the concept that I had in mind initially calls for a Fighter, would that be too redundant? I'd be fine with coming up with a character for a class that'd be better suited to what we already have.

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

HappyPariah
I should be fine with most of of the creation, I'll just need some help on things like purchasing starting equipment. Do we roll starting gold values based on our class like in 3.5?

As for the character itself, the concept that I had in mind initially calls for a Fighter, would that be too redundant? I'd be fine with coming up with a character for a class that'd be better suited to what we already have.

Nope, everyone gets 100 GP.

We currently have a Dragonborn Fighter (Hiro Wolfgang), a Tiefling Warlock (Simply Rolla), and an Eladrin Warlord (me). That covers the defender, striker, and leader roles, respectively. The only role left would be controller, and in the first PHB, the only controller is the Wizard. BUT, I have a standing offer to let anyone else take the leader slot if they want, and Warlord is pretty much a Fighter who yells a lot, so if you want to take that I can switch my character to a wizard.

I think Liquidor wanted a balanced party (i.e. all four roles covered) but honestly if we were going to drop one controller is the easiest to live without, so I don't think we'd be too badly hurt by having two fighters. But you'd better check with him/her/it on that.

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I'll go ahead and play a Wizard then

Just need some time to think of a character concept for one

Phanna's Husband

Questionable Partner

HappyPariah
Just need some time to think of a character concept for one

Seems as good a time as any to mention that I have a family obligation this weekend and probably can't swing a game by 3 PM EST. I will do my best to be here though if everyone else is going to be ready by then.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff