Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well Ive played Pokemon my whole life and want to get into a new card game!
Something that is relatively accessible to collect the cards and affordable!
Any suggestions would be great!
Thank you!
OrySoup
Thank you!

Card games.....Affordable.

but seriously, try MTG it is cheaper per card than yugioh and people probably will give you there extra lands I would I have thousands and haven't played in years

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
OrySoup
Thank you!

Well there is a variety of things.
Some are CCGs like YGO, Magic, Cardfight Vanguard..

Others are more.. stand alone..tabletop games. That may have expansions r such. but aren't collectible.

Gloom, Munchkin.

What sorta game you want?
Somethng along Pokemon ?

Magic wouldn't be bad. It has resource management. Lands instead of Energy.
Yeah I do have some Magic cards my cousin gave me some when I was 8, I just dont really have anyone interested in playing. But oh well thank you for the suggestion I have some cards that are decent like 15/9 or something LOL
Toltirr
OrySoup
Thank you!

Others are more.. stand alone..tabletop games. That may have expansions r such. but aren't collectible.

Gloom, Munchkin.

Somethng along Pokemon ?

Well thats the thing kind of played some magic so I want to gear towards something different than pokemon and stuff.
OrySoup

yeah go to your FLGS they probably have MTG event for free or cheap
felix1942
OrySoup

yeah go to your FLGS they probably have MTG event for free or cheap

Yeah if you mean like a card shop they have an event each week actually but there all like 8 years old haah,

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
OrySoup
Toltirr
OrySoup
Thank you!

Gloom, Munchkin.

Somethng along Pokemon ?

Well thats the thing kind of played some magic so I want to gear towards something different than pokemon and stuff.

Well.

There's YGO.. which is pricey. if you're trying to play at the top competitive level. On the other hand if you're more casual player. You could easily make a number of things fairly inexpensively. IN comparison to others out there. Buy two or three of one structure deck and you can cobble something good together. Then it's a matter of choosing if youo want to get packs for building a library or.. buying singles to make specific things only. Instead of relying on Luck of the pull to get what you want.. just buy it. OR if you do a bit of both. Depends on what you do or get into it.

If you can find anyone who does play locally. see if you can borrow and play/learn with a deck they have. A lot of players have a few decks made. Unless they are fairly new.

Cardfight Vanguard: In some ways expensive compared to YGO.. 5 cards per pack for about the same price instead of 9. Now that does sound bad, but unlike Pokemon/Magic/YGO. there is practically no 'Trash' cards. Every card is usable [as long as it's a clan you want to build] so even the commons have some value. Nearly all of them.
Unfortunately.. due to well uncommonish of the cards/trail decks at this time. Prices can be a bit more then YGO or MTG or Pokemon starters.

So you may need to shop around.

Same thing as YGO. find players that alreayd have some and try it out. If it appeals. look into it further.

There's a couple main threads for various game on this forum. You can talk to some of the regs about any one you want to try. And maybe get some ideas on cheap easy to make decks to learn/begin with.
Toltirr
OrySoup
Toltirr
OrySoup
Thank you!

Gloom, Munchkin.

Somethng along Pokemon ?

Well.

There's YGO.. which is pricey. if you're trying to play at the top competitive level. On the other hand if you're more casual player. You could easily make a number of things fairly inexpensively. IN comparison to others out there. Buy two or three of one structure deck and you can cobble something good together. Then it's a matter of choosing if youo want to get packs for building a library or.. buying singles to make specific things only. Instead of relying on Luck of the pull to get what you want.. just buy it. OR if you do a bit of both. Depends on what you do or get into it.

If you can find anyone who does play locally. see if you can borrow and play/learn with a deck they have. A lot of players have a few decks made. Unless they are fairly new.

Cardfight Vanguard: In some ways expensive compared to YGO.. 5 cards per pack for about the same price instead of 9. Now that does sound bad, but unlike Pokemon/Magic/YGO. there is practically no 'Trash' cards. Every card is usable [as long as it's a clan you want to build] so even the commons have some value. Nearly all of them.
Unfortunately.. due to well uncommonish of the cards/trail decks at this time. Prices can be a bit more then YGO or MTG or Pokemon starters.

So you may need to shop around.

Same thing as YGO. find players that alreayd have some and try it out. If it appeals. look into it further.

There's a couple main threads for various game on this forum. You can talk to some of the regs about any one you want to try. And maybe get some ideas on cheap easy to make decks to learn/begin with.

Well thank you so very much for all your help, I just looked in one of my binders and do have a pretty substantial set of YGO cards, but im very curious in this Cardfight Vanguard so im going to Youtube it and research it a little bit, the best thing is from where i live there is a card shop that has wicked prices! Haha also a dollar store... they sell pokemon boosters for a dollar, pretty sure they dont know the market on them! Anyways im rambling thank you very much, ill let you know how my progress goes!

Dedcadent Pants

There's also a somewhat obscure game called EPIC. It has elements of Magic and Pokemon, but runs quite a bit differently.

I haven't found a shop in my area that runs games for it, but supposedly, there are (or were; I don't keep up with the game anymore).

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hmhm enjoy
Vanguard is new.

In some ways I find it better then YGO.

Games are a bit faster.. decks are more balanced.

In part by design. and in part by being a young game with few sets released and thus a very limited card pool.

21 Clans [though only 6 are anywhere near playable with the new set coming up next month]
Each clan has roughly the same sorta cards, or cards that share the same sorta mechanics/effects.

The only major changes between decks is the game mechanics the deck seems focused on.

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Go for YGO. It has a huge player base so your more likely to find people to play and stores to play in.

Business Guildsman

8,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
OrySoup
Yeah I do have some Magic cards my cousin gave me some when I was 8, I just dont really have anyone interested in playing. But oh well thank you for the suggestion I have some cards that are decent like 15/9 or something LOL[/quote15/9 isn't good usually, it'll mean you have a cost so high you'll never be able to play it. It's like a pokemon that has an attack that requires 15 energy.
Toltirr
Hmhm enjoy
Vanguard is new.

In part by design. and in part by being a young game with few sets released and thus a very limited card pool.

21 Clans [though only 6 are anywhere near playable with the new set coming up next month]
Each clan has roughly the same sorta cards, or cards that share the same sorta mechanics/effects.

The only major changes between decks is the game mechanics the deck seems focused on.

Know a site where i can get familiar with the rules and etc?

Aged Codger

8,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
OrySoup
Toltirr
Hmhm enjoy
Vanguard is new.

Know a site where i can get familiar with the rules and etc?
beginners guide

http://www.facebook.com/CardfightVanguard/app_300436226634159

rules and such

http://cf-vanguard.com/en/howto/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items