Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedcadent Pants

I have quit Magic. I will post no new Magic: the Gathering decks in this thread. For a lengthy explanation why, look here.
Netrunner decks begin on page 55.
Doomtown Reloaded decks begin on page 57. It should be assumed that all Doomtown decks are running a pair of Jokers, because why on earth wouldn't you? Non-standard Jokers will be marked where applicable.
My Little Pony theme deck criticisms begin on page 55, with Rock and Rave near the bottom of the page.
Sacred Rules Minus, as well as any other games I make, will have their decks spread throughout the thread, starting at page ??. I haven't actually made any yet.

Old post:
Okay, so since I generally have random ideas that receive little to no comment, and find their way all over the place, I'm going to start consolidating these things into one thread. In other words, all my stupid, clever, silly, and downright bizarre ideas are going to be posted here from now on. Formats will be all across the board, from Vintage to Block to BYOS. Tournament reports will occasionally be posted, but since I don't tend to play in them often, expect to see one per 20 pages or so. If that.

My quick reference that more typified what I actually put together to play:
Vintage
Encourager of Hesitancy
Jack's Kiln Gush
RW Fish
MB Tendrils

Legacy
Knightstand
Too Much Cool Stuff 1
Too Much Cool Stuff 3.1
Too Much Cool Stuff 4
Too Much Cool Stuff 4.1.2

Casual Legacy
Tombstone Teysa
B/W At Any Cost

EDH
Damia
Kaalia (bottom of the page before Damia)
Zedruu (right below Damia)
Basandra

Original post:
Anyways, the starting theme deck:
Hold Your Horses! (TS/C + Lor + 10th Standard)
Steeds - 16
4 Ronom Unicorn
4 Spitemare
4 Timbermare
4 Wispmare

Ranchers - 4
4 Llanowar Elves

Removal/Utility - 18
(Though I'd love to use Swords to Plowshares, it's not type legal)
4 Mercy Killing
4 Niveous Wisps
4 Turn to Mist
3 ?
3 Safewright Quest

Lands - 22
Probably mostly plains, though maybe 50/50 due to Safewrighting.
4 Horizon Canopy
4 Brushland

Random idea I had. Really needs better removal/utility, and I can probably cut down on the steeds by 1-2.

Ideas?
Condemn = T2 Swords to Plowshares.

I like oblivion ring, though, but condemn may be your best bet.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
You can also use Unmake for removal since Eventide is now officially out.

Dedcadent Pants

Unmake is extremely white heavy, and that forces it into a third turn drop - assuming strictly basics (which, aside from Horizon Canopy and Brushland, are about all that's available to me). I'm not so sure I like that.

Friendly Hoarder

9,700 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
I enjoy your thread idea. I wish I was more up-to-date on today's cards. I know up to Lorwyn, but I haven't did much with Morningtide, I've only openned 2 boosters of Shadowmoor and I haven't even held a pack of Eventide yet. I wish I could offer a bit more advice. I do like the theme and I like when decks stick to a theme.

Dedcadent Pants

Random Fact: Giant Oyster can make your persisters persist longer.

Anyways, another deck:

Tap Dancing (TS/C + Lor + 10th Standard)
Beasts - 4
4 Wake Thrasher

Dancers - 13
4 Goldmeadow Harrier
3 Rimewind Taskmage
2 Squalldrifter
2 Twitch
2 Order of Whiteclay

Defense - 21
3 Knacksaw Clique
4 Broken Ambitions
4 Rune Snag
4 Arrest Prison Term
4 Cerulean Wisps
2 Turn to Mist

Lands - 22
4 Boreal Shelf
4 Adarkar Wastes
8 Snow Island
6 Snow Plains

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
I tend to comment on both as soon as I can get enough time to sit down and write something coherent. I'd have done it sooner, but work has been Hellish for the last couple weeks, which is why my annoying presence has been gracing this forum less lately.

Anyways, both look like they'd be interesting, but I'll say more as soon as I can about them.

*EDIT* For the Hold Your Horses! would you consider Wooded Bastion for some of your lands? It lets you use it to filter into two different coloured mana (G/W) so that you can help ensure you get the mana you need, and more than one way to get the Green mana needed for the Timbermare.

Also, for alternative creature "removal" Pacifism might be a viable choice. Though the creature is still there, they can't revive it, and I don't know about the meta in your area but enchantment kill isn't a common thing in my area. It'll annoy someone with any resurrect spells as they can't do much with the critter as is. Prison Term is better though.

I can't think of any suggestions for the Tap Dancing deck, sorry.
For the first deck, I think treetop village + mutavault would be good, in place of some of the absics and maybe 1 horizon canopy. And I think the idea is pretty fun xD. I'd suggest oblivion ring in for mercy killing, but it may not work too well with the wispmares. How about snakeform? I haven't been able to test it in anything more than limited or casual play, but it can't be that bad.... right?

For the second deck, are you sure arrest is standard legal? Supposed to be prison term, maybe?
A deck full of tappers is a pretty cool idea, but maybe throw in a bigger win condition? Oona? Or reveillark to beat and bring back tons of your guys? And personally, I've never liked turn to mist...

Dedcadent Pants

Gah, it is supposed to be Prison Term. Silly me.

Anyways, yeah, the lands could and should be shifted in Hold your Horses!. I'm not sure quite how much, since I haven't tested the thing out yet, but one or two Treetops should hold enough ground to make the deck fairly durable.

Wooded Bastion is a bit on the high end, but realistically, should be in there. However, it does reduce the potential effectiveness of Safewright Quest (and that's likely better in the long term - gives me more room for removal and drawing).

Pacifism seems like a good choice, but, like Oblivion Ring, I'm not sure about how well it will merge with the Wispmares. As is, I'm running 8 enchantment removal MD (apparently, I will answer turn 2 Bitterblossoms), so I'm a bit worried about the consistency. Also, untargetability and blinking render the enchantment dead (as if blinking didn't render any other removal dead). I'll consider it over two Wisps and two Turn to Mists.

For Tap Dancing, -1 Broken Ambitions, +1 Oona. I was wondering about another win con, and I guess Oona does fit the bill, even if she is on the high range. Though, it does provide more synergy with the Ambitions. However, I want to untap stuff during my opponent's turn as needed, hence the Qers. That, and Order of Whiteclay can constantly return the Wake Thrashers to play. smile

No other decks for now, though I'm still working on that Awakening/Savor the Moment deck. Possibly using some buyback stuff here (Capsize seems mean, but appropriate, as does Wake Thrasher), so suggestions for that would be nice. Whispers and Capsize are the only two I can think of that are really worthwhile, though I guess Spell Burst would work, too. Hmm...might be looking at a 'tron engine mana base.

Dedcadent Pants

Both of these are for a tournament next Wednesday, so if I could get some serious help....
Wait...lemme rephrase that... xd

Slivers in Black and White (Peasant - TS/CS + Lor + 10th Standard)
Uncommons - 5
4 Necrotic Sliver
1 Illuminated Folio

Commons - 33
Slivers - 20
4 Sidewinder
4 Mindlash
4 Frenzy
4 Sinew
4 Homing

Removal - 8
4 Assassinate
4 Terror

Draw - 5
2 Niveous Wisps
3 Footbottom Feast

Lands - 22
12 Swamp
10 Plains

I fairly well like the curve on this; while most of it is oriented around 3, I've got plenty of early drops to belt out some damage. The removal component is also fairly strong, and gives me a few nasty ways to answer creatures that I otherwise can't.
The real engine behind the deck, though, comes from the Necrotics. By being able to wipe my opponent's board, then recover with Footbottom Feasts, I can do some serious MD decimation, answering artifacts, enchantments, and creatures.
Unfortunately, my card drawing options are very limited, and as such, I'm stuck with Illuminated Folio (why did Jayemdae Tome have to be rare?), Niveous Wisps, and the Footbottom Feasts. However, I do get the powerful Tutoring effect of the Homing Sliver, and I am considering pulling the Assassinates for Nameless Inversions to increase my tutor targets.

Sideboard currently consists of:
3 Watcher Sliver (anti-burn)
4 Faerie Macabre (anti-recursion)
4 Rebuff the Wicked (anti-removal)
4 Dawn Charm (misc)

I Kill You (Peasant - TS/CS + Lor + 10th Standard)

Uncommons - 5
1 Tidings
3 Twisted Abomination (are they?)
1 Nekrataal

Commons - 33
Critters - 18
4 Mulldrifter
4 Gorgon Recluse
4 Moonglove Changling
4 Moonglove Winnower
2 Rathi Trapper

Removal - 8
4 Terror
4 Snakeform

Misc - 5
2 Cancel
2 Protective Bubble
3 Footbottom Feast

Lands - 22
9 Islands
13 Swamps

A slower, far more scary deck, this one overloads the removal, hoping to eventually win with a regenerating Abomination.
The removal component is frightening, planning on taking down just about every creature, regardless of what it is. The only issue is the speed of the deck.
However, once it gets going, the card drawing is gross (12 cards, 5 of which are more than cantrips), and the removal really is fairly nasty, taking out just about anything I can target (and many more I can't).
Burn does not look to be a big issue against this deck, because the Abominations can eat up Incinerates, and the Feasts can bring them back to swing while the opponent tries to get another one. The Feasts also combine marvelously well with the 'drifters for snagging lots of cards.

However, I am concerned about the cost of the deck; it is definitely a deck that needs it's mana, and I'm not sure the Abominations are going to cut it (though they make 15 cards for drawing, if you count 'em).

SB not yet developed, though it will also boast 4 Faerie Macabres.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
Well, I can't comment on the Slivers deck much as I personally dislike using them. The mana curve is pretty sweet though since it's so low and looks like it would play fairly well. Why not use Condemn instead of Terror though? That way you can ensure they can't use some kind of critter revival on it.

The "I Kill you" deck looks like good fun. Have you considered Nantuko Husks for this one since you can reclaim any Creatures in your Graveyard anyways? Just a thought. The lack of Regeneration is a bummer though compared to the Abomination.

Dedcadent Pants

Personally, I'm not too fond of the idea of using Slivers either; it just feels dirty. Condemn, by the way, is uncommon, and that would replace the Folio (oh darn) or a Necrotic (not going to happen).

As to the I Kill You deck...unfortunately, seems it's going to be type illegal; when I asked, Twisted Abomination was considered Rare due to only being available in a Time Shifted version for Standard.

So...1 and two drops needed, preferably with regeneration, though I could use Nekrataals.

Thing is, I really see Peasant format as a form of highly concentrated Sealed, so I'm thinking that removal is key to winning matches far more than the quality of the creatures. As such, my natural tendency is to go into Black/White. The problem I keep running into is that the prime removal sits at uncommon. Hence why I was leaning towards the Sliver deck anyways.

Dedcadent Pants

So, I was going through my cards, looking for some cards to interact with the Swans and Spitemares again (what can I say, its a fun deck). As would be inevitable, I stumbled across a repeatable damage source that just goes broken with Swans in play:

Pestilence.

Would it be awesome if I could find a similar card in Standard to do this, I thought. Then it dawned on me:

Pyrohemia.

So...-3 Fire at Will, +3 Pyrohemia. I will go broken with that deck. Current list:

The Masochist
R/W - 4
4 Spitemare

R - 18
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Manamorphose
4 Pyroclasm
3 Firespout
3 Pyrohemia

W - 16
4 Niveous Wisps
4 Ronom Unicorn
4 Turn to Mist
4 Swans of Bryn Argoll

Lands - 22
4 Rugged Prarie
3 Mutavault
8 Mountain
7 Plains

SB:
3 Disenchant
4 Wheel of Sun and Moon
4 Belligerent Hatchling
2 Condemn
2 Mercy Killing

Mercy Killing now combos extremely well with the Pyrohemia; I can generally spend 4 to destroy target creature, even where I couldn't before. Pyrohemia also helps against Finks and other Persisters, which may very well lead to a slight SB shift so I can include them.

The deck is still rusty, and tends to confuse the hell out of people who play against it the first time. However, I have not had a single person say that they hate the deck; most people, after playing against it, think its really fun.
Hold your horses: If you arn't going with cards that are only horse art, can drop two to four cards for Chameleon Collossus, which would also let you add in some Primal Beyond.

Slivers: Can take out the Illuminated Folio for Mind Stone, some extra mana or a draw never hurts.
LiaThistle
Okay, so since I generally have random ideas that receive little to no comment, and find their way all over the place, I'm going to start consolidating these things into one thread. In other words, all my stupid, clever, silly, and downright bizarre ideas are going to be posted here from now on. Formats will be all across the board, from Vintage to Block to BYOS. Tournament reports will occasionally be posted, but since I don't tend to play in them often, expect to see one per 20 pages or so. If that.

Anyways, the starting theme deck:
Hold Your Horses! (TS/C + Lor + 10th Standard)
Steeds - 16
4 Ronom Unicorn
4 Spitemare
4 Timbermare
4 Wispmare

Ranchers - 4
4 Llanowar Elves

Removal/Utility - 18
(Though I'd love to use Swords to Plowshares, it's not type legal)
4 Mercy Killing
4 Niveous Wisps
4 Turn to Mist
3 ?
3 Safewright Quest

Lands - 22
Probably mostly plains, though maybe 50/50 due to Safewrighting.
4 Horizon Canopy
4 Brushland

Random idea I had. Really needs better removal/utility, and I can probably cut down on the steeds by 1-2.

Ideas?

Sacred mesa would make an awesome ranch for all those horses.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff