Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Omega Virus is a board game that did not last long after its initial bit of popularity. But nonetheless, I like this game. It's a talking electronic game. You play as a character who explores rooms in a space station to find items that will ultimately let you destroy the Omega Virus. Players can also attack each other if they so choose, to ensure that they are the first to find and destroy the virus and win the game. But if no player has found and destroyed the virus before the time runs out, it is the winner.

What other obscure board games do you people like?

Aged Lunatic

s**t, where to start....

Intruder
One of the better "One lone badass unit vs. lots of weaker ones" little games out there. Think the movie "Alien", and with the right group it's a genuinely tense and paranoid affair.

Gunfighter
The board game that actually made me interested in spaghetti western shoot em up movies. Very old school (so when it says it's easy, consider it more a "moderate" rules set :p ), but very slick and very stylized. Also a bit spartan by "toy value" as it's all boards and chits, but it comes with a LOT of possibilities and scenarios to do them with, including rules for old west mythological battles and figures.

Samurai Blades/Cry Havoc
Simple man-man warfare and does it well. Practically cries out for miniatures.
There are so many of the obscure board games that come to mind. Arkham Horror, Zombies and the expansions, Munchkin Quest, all great games that no one outside of a gaming community has ever heard of. I just came from a gaming convention where I learned that I had been playing the card game Munchkin wrong. So many games, so little time

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Grim_Wrath
I just came from a gaming convention where I learned that I had been playing the card game Munchkin wrong

As long as you don't get caught, you're playing the correct way.

Ascending Empires is one of my favorites. Saw the game played and was immediately hooked. The very next FNM I bought it (for like $55) from my local game store. "Flick Ships" has become my FNM groups favorite pastime along with Dominion/Settlers of Catan.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Liquidor
Grim_Wrath
I just came from a gaming convention where I learned that I had been playing the card game Munchkin wrong

As long as you don't get caught, you're playing the correct way.

Isn't there also a rule stating that when there's an argument, the game owner is the final word on the matter? Haven't played Munchkin since whitewashing my boyfriend. Don't worry he pwned me later on D&D.

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
Ticket to Ride. Such a hilarious game of f*ck you, both intentional and not so.
Kinda saddens me this hasn't had more attention sad

Flux for a start, draw a card, play a card :p and then hate/love everyone in the room. My very first game someone produced a bag of chocolates. I, being new, played a card that allowed a another guy to win by accident. So he said, in the spirit of flux, im no longer allowed chocolate till I fix things and play better. I replied with, in the spirit of flux, and produced some chocolate buscuits and gave him a grin. Needless to say, that alone earned me choco-rights that day =w= and a good day it was....anyway yeah flux >> and alllllll its variations :3

Hmmm seems someone already said zombies, though id like to add the pandemic and doom boardgames :p

Aged Lunatic

Grim_Wrath
There are so many of the obscure board games that come to mind. Arkham Horror, Zombies and the expansions, Munchkin Quest, all great games that no one outside of a gaming community has ever heard of. I just came from a gaming convention where I learned that I had been playing the card game Munchkin wrong. So many games, so little time

How had you been playing it wrong?
GunsmithKitten
Grim_Wrath

How had you been playing it wrong?

long story, friends trying to improve the rules just muddled things up when we did get a group that was willing to learn to play the right way, it was just plain bad....lolz

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Micky Slip. It's an indie game. You probably never heard of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff