Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

Has anyone notices any one clan being significantly more powerful than the others? Sultai is my favorite clan, but Abzan seems either stronger or just easier to build to me. I've also built a Temur deck, but I was just playing around with morph rather than trying to make the best possible deck, so I don't really have a feel for how good Temur is.
I personally love playing Sultai Devle with Sidisi. But Abzan seems to be making most top 8s. I see some Temurs also but those are rare too.
Mostly its red aggro or abzan midrange.
You can always look at TCGplayer and Starcity top 8s to see.

Beloved Lunatic

Holy Bonanza
I personally love playing Sultai Devle with Sidisi. But Abzan seems to be making most top 8s. I see some Temurs also but those are rare too.

I love the delve ability. I didn't like the idea of it until I started playing around with it; now I use a play set of Taigam's Scheming (always toss at least three cards) along with Scout the Borders and Sultai Soothsayer. Somewhere throwing my own cards in the graveyard became fun.

Anyway, I see you're confirming what I suspected about Abzan. Too bad -- I like the naga and rakshasa so much more.
from blue to
Holy Bonanza

I love the delve ability. I didn't like the idea of it until I started playing around with it; now I use a play set of Taigam's Scheming (always toss at least three cards) along with Scout the Borders and Sultai Soothsayer. Somewhere throwing my own cards in the graveyard became fun.

Anyway, I see you're confirming what I suspected about Abzan. Too bad -- I like the naga and rakshasa so much more.

I mean delve is not a new ability. I like that they've brought it back.
If you're not running at least three of saty'rs wayfinder, Nyx weaver, and commune with the gods you're running the wrong cards.
Also, I personally think that treasure cruise is a must but that's because I see a legacy staple.

Dapper Exhibitionist

6,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I would say that Azban is the easiest to build, and to understand. It's midrange good stuff deck that can withstand the aggro Mardu clan. Mardu is the classic aggro, goes big in the early game, but tends to stall out. Now there is solid potential with Sarkhan and Wingmate, to go long, but I haven't seen it yet.
From what I've seen Jeskai is either tempo or combo, which can be a bit more difficult to pilot to newer players, but I think it has the best potential. The ablility to activley interact and disrupt is always going to be strong when given the right tools, something I feel like Jeskai has. I recently saw a tempo list that used the Ascendancy combo as a back up win con. Pretty cool stuff going on there.

Temur is another midrange deck, but I feel like it's missing all the "goodstuff" that midrange tends to play. While they have powerful cards, nothing seems to sync up quite as well as it does for Azban. Then you have Sultai, and I would have to say plays strongly to control, but I don't feel like control is very strong right now. Midrange just out values them, and there just aren't enough really solid delve enablers outside of fetches.

Beloved Lunatic

Holy Bonanza
from blue to
Holy Bonanza

I mean delve is not a new ability. I like that they've brought it back.
If you're not running at least three of saty'rs wayfinder, Nyx weaver, and commune with the gods you're running the wrong cards.
Also, I personally think that treasure cruise is a must but that's because I see a legacy staple.

I know delve's not new, but like I said, I never really cared for it enough to try it before. I'll have to consider that Nyx Weaver. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm running Dig Through Time instead of Treasure Cruise right now. Those are both good cards though.

I know delve's not new, but like I said, I never really cared for it enough to try it before. I'll have to consider that Nyx Weaver. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm running Dig Through Time instead of Treasure Cruise right now. Those are both good cards though.
Dig through time is a great card, i probably should be running that instead but I just really want treasure cruise to work.
I can send you my decklist for my sultai dredge if your curious. One thing that I also recommend is a one of pharika and a one of nylea (bow or god, either is a good choice).

Beloved Lunatic

Holy Bonanza

Dig through time is a great card, i probably should be running that instead but I just really want treasure cruise to work.
I can send you my decklist for my sultai dredge if your curious. One thing that I also recommend is a one of pharika and a one of nylea (bow or god, either is a good choice).

I probably won't get much from the Theros block. I'm building primarily with Khans and m15 until I get bored with that and start mixing in some of my older stuff.

Toxic Raider

12,850 Points
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Explorer 0
The Temur have my loyalty. Their Khan is amazing, and I love their ability.

Beloved Lunatic

Chaosmageslevin

They are pretty rockin'. I just got some Savage Knuckleblades I need to work into my Temur deck. Also, yes, their khan is awesome.

Toxic Raider

12,850 Points
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Explorer 0
from blue to
Chaosmageslevin

They are pretty rockin'. I just got some Savage Knuckleblades I need to work into my Temur deck. Also, yes, their khan is awesome.

yeah. I got a buddy who got a hold of the ascension, the khan, and the throne fr me. I love it. also, the history between each group is great.

Beloved Lunatic

Chaosmageslevin
from blue to
Chaosmageslevin

yeah. I got a buddy who got a hold of the ascension, the khan, and the throne fr me. I love it. also, the history between each group is great.

Oh? I still need to look into the story.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
I've always been a junk player, so I'm biased XD Abzan all day errday

Beloved Lunatic

Now that Fate Reforged had come out, how is it affecting everyone's opinion of the different clans? I'm liking Temur even more -- morph deck with Ugin and a hair of manifest. Jeskai got some rockin' cards too, and my wife is loving Sultai all of a sudden. I'm not sure what to think of the dragons yet, at least the uncommon ones.

High-functioning Hellraiser

My personal favorite so far is probably Temur because:
1. I loved Naya back in Alar & its basically the same thing.
2. I played it at Fate Reforged prerelease & did surprisingly well bringin the hella-rad beats & the sick-nasty burns.

Abzan midrage is kinda undeniably strong right now just because of whip + sneeze rhino. I'm honestly kinda hoping it gets a little weaker once it finally comes time to rotate Theros out b/c 4 of Rhino decks tend to be a little boring to play against.

I've seen a Sultai superfriends deck make top 8 at my lgs this past week! It was basically Kiora, Ashiok, Ugin, lotta ramp, & then Tasigur, Bile Blight, Crux of Fate & counterspells. I've built Sultai with steal effects myself, & I gotta admit, playing massive ramp with stuff like Villy Wealth & Psychic Intrusion is just loads and loads of fun, even if its not that great & doesn't always win.

I also feel the need to talk about Jeskai, because while Ascendancy Combo is still a thing, I've seen some insanely fast Jeskai decks that run Ensoul Artifacts & Shrapnel Blasts, with things like Ornithopter & Darksteel Citadel, & then fill the deck with Seeker of the Way & Monastery Swiftspear.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff