I'm a whore 0.028346456692913 2.8% [ 18 ]
I'm a bigger whore 0.088188976377953 8.8% [ 56 ]
Total Votes:[ 635 ]

Greedy Codger

4,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
Actually, that spell doesn't exist any more in PF. Since cantrips have unlimited uses, that spell was specifically dropped because it would mean unlimited out of combat healing. If you really want a good, efficient out of combat healing wand that doesn't explicitly break PF's system, ask your GM about using the 3.5 spell lesser vigor, which will give you an even 15 HP per use without having to roll anything.

And yeah, I'm inclined to agree about the DM issue. It sounds to me like he just gave you guys an encounter that was a little too tough, didn't realize at first, and tried to fix it without ending up with a TPK. Don't try to punish him for that, we all make mistakes.
We would be happy to just move on and stuff. But without a second thought he decided to drop a cr 11 ontop of us and have it try to murder us. To him he thought it was challenging. It should have killed us cept instead of rolling 4d6 he rolled 1d6x4. which was both good and bad. he rolled piss poor the whole time. but if he had 4d6 that 1d6x4 which resulted in 4, might have been a 1,5,6,4. In one swing he should have killed my wizzard. He also refused to let anyone notice the massive cloud descending upon hte group untill the giant was behind me and had already done 68 damage to me leaving me at 4 hp. We want these characters as a way to reign him in. And as far as the dm cheating, it was in a card game that he thoguht would be easier to do with dice. ended up that our fighter had one of each suit of a 9, so he had all 4. then the dms npc pulled out a 9 of hearts or something. the dm then continued to fight that he was not cheating, no reasoning or anything just a ******** you i say so.

Greedy Codger

4,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
But powerful characters won't reign the DM. The DM is literally capable of saying "okay, your powerful character is dead because I say so." Passive-aggressive games will get you nowhere. Talk to him like a normal human being with social skills.
Yeah the dm can make an npc have w/e cards he wants in a card game, he can even make the npc cheat. But to cheat the player, and get caught, by the players character, and still ignore him and say he lost all his money is stupid. And as far as him not wanting to TKP us, he is trying to TKP us. And we have told him we will make broken characters if he kills us, and much like he ignores things we do we will ignore his just killing our broken characters. Or he can leave. we dont want him to leave, but if he just wants to try and kill us all the time he can go.

Dapper Explorer

Don't forget that there was a spell in 3.5 called "Cheat" that allowed the caster to cheat magically in games of chance. I don't think it was detectable either ...

And luck can swing pretty hard one way or another in an encounter and many GMs will fudge a little to compensate one way or another especially if the party could be killed because of it. I was playing in a game when a random encounter that was supposed to take 30 minutes or so to finish turned bad for the group all because of horrendous luck. over 3 and a half hours later and we were just managing to finish off the encounter ...
Fan_Boy
Don't forget that there was a spell in 3.5 called "Cheat" that allowed the caster to cheat magically in games of chance. I don't think it was detectable either ...

And luck can swing pretty hard one way or another in an encounter and many GMs will fudge a little to compensate one way or another especially if the party could be killed because of it. I was playing in a game when a random encounter that was supposed to take 30 minutes or so to finish turned bad for the group all because of horrendous luck. over 3 and a half hours later and we were just managing to finish off the encounter ...

We counted luck into his rolls. But you cant have two of the exact same card in a deck of cards. The DM specified it was just a normal deck of cards, 54 cards ect ect. Also he now figured for the duel we challanged this guy to, to bring 5 cr 11 mobs to it. we are still 9. The elder earth elementals have 3x the hp of our tank.

Greedy Codger

4,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
Well, I don't know what to tell you then, because all you're doing by trying "beat" your DM with overpowered characters is punching a brick wall. It will ultimately get you nowhere and result only in frustration for everybody.

Seriously, just talk the situation over with him. Let him know what you feel the problem is without coming across as a whiny b***h. If you don't like the way he DMs and you can't convince him to change, just get somebody else from the group to do it, or find a new DM altogether.

Blessed Duelist

carneymaster11

The sad story is you can't do anything about it except talk to the DM.
The DM might be the final arbiter of the rules, but if the players are unhappy with how he's running the game, well doesn't matter if he's the DM if no one wants to play his game.

So really the only real options you have are either talk to the DM (as a group if you want to have a stronger point), or find another guy to do it. trying to compete with the DM will only make matters worse, both in and out of game.
Well, he killed the celestial tank we had, he killed the combat monk we had, he killed the ninja we had, and before he killed me i plane shifted. Anyway. What would be the penalty for wielding a 2h in one hand? Any rule for that sort of thing?

Greedy Codger

4,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
You can't physically do it unless your DM agrees to import the Monkey Grip feat from 3.5.

Dapper Explorer

Monkey grip effectively still exists in Pathfinder but known as Lighten Weapon and only applies to a single type of weapon. Couple that with Monsterous Physique and you could make a character that could wield a huge greatsword or something similar.
Yeah initially he allowed the importing of monkey grip and such. But when i told him i was dual wielding gargantuan great axes at a -6 or -8 penalty and still having an attack bonus of 12 he requested i not make something that can deforest an area by himself in a day. Instead i made a sniper who is sounding very fun.

Greedy Codger

4,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
Fan_Boy
Monkey grip effectively still exists in Pathfinder but known as Lighten Weapon and only applies to a single type of weapon. Couple that with Monsterous Physique and you could make a character that could wield a huge greatsword or something similar.

Ah, I wasn't aware of those. My mistake.

Dapper Explorer

So, thoughts on a Synergist Summoner?

I made one up as a potential end of campaign good guy for my monster campaign, but I'm having second thoughts about using it as it seems too powerful and seems likely to rip the villains a new one in a much to efficient manner ...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff